Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

four bastard hours it’s taken me to travel 22 miles home and you fuckers have the nerve to say you can’t make the podcast longer, I’ve had to listen to radio 4 because of you

Edit: lie, I actually listened to the first two episodes again

Charles enjoying his new towel-coat for when he comes in wet and cold

Sanford fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I think Skilled Wallets is some type of psychotic neoliberal scheme created by the Lib Dems to funnel more cash to the professional class.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Sanford posted:

four bastard hours it’s taken me to travel 22 miles home and you fuckers have the nerve to say you can’t make the podcast longer, I’ve had to listen to radio 4 because of you

Agreed, extend the drat podcast to two hours

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I'll never listen to the podcast because I don't want to hear your real voices instead of the ones I have in my head when I read your posts.

Real reason I keep forgetting, sorry I'll catch up on it

Tories delenda est

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Sanford posted:

Charles enjoying his new towel-coat for when he comes in wet and cold

this is the loosest use of the word "enjoying" I've ever seen

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Skilled Wallets is obviously the Lib Dems showing Laura K what true shitposting is

If the podcast is supposed to be a rotating collective then simply rotate members in and out 24/7 and never let the podcast end :kheldragar:

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
Random diversion- I'm pretty sure someone in this thread talked once about having Crohn's disease and being unwilling to get infliximab infusions because of their local hospital's track record of killing people with it.
Whoever you are, see if you can get on Vedolizumab. It's the same simple dose for everyone, it takes less time to pump in than infliximab, they don't need to fire in some steroids beforehand, there's less chance of an allergic reaction, no yet recorded cases of that nasty fatal cancer, it's gut specific rather than wiping out your whole immune system, and 4 weeks in I'm like "what disease?".

Everyone else, please support labour. We need a government that sees our NHS as more than a missed opportunity for private profit.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Julio Cruz posted:

this is the loosest use of the word "enjoying" I've ever seen

He loves it!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Call the cops there's clearly a dangerous hoodie in your hallway.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Sanford posted:

Top tip if you want to ensure you never run out of podcasts, become a wrestling fan. Between The Sheets is usually 3 hours plus in their shorter episodes, Voices of Wrestling is usually around 3 hours a week, Super J Cast is around 2 hours, Wrestling Omakase is about 2 hours a week, ThROH The Years is an ROH retrospective which is only monthly but there's also a backlog of 40 episodes for you to make your way through and they tend to between 2 & 3 hours long. And then you've got stuff like Pro Wrestling Only who have so many historical focused podcasts, more than you can listen to in a life time.

Watch wrestling, listen to wrestling podcasts, never have a free moment ever again

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

Call the cops there's clearly a dangerous hoodie in your hallway.

Hug a Hoodie

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Sanford posted:

He loves it!

A bowl won't keep santa out, y'know

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

forkboy84 posted:

Top tip if you want to ensure you never run out of podcasts, become a wrestling fan. Between The Sheets is usually 3 hours plus in their shorter episodes, Voices of Wrestling is usually around 3 hours a week, Super J Cast is around 2 hours, Wrestling Omakase is about 2 hours a week, ThROH The Years is an ROH retrospective which is only monthly but there's also a backlog of 40 episodes for you to make your way through and they tend to between 2 & 3 hours long. And then you've got stuff like Pro Wrestling Only who have so many historical focused podcasts, more than you can listen to in a life time.

Watch wrestling, listen to wrestling podcasts, never have a free moment ever again

Alternatively, McElroy family. MBMBaM, TAZ, Shmanners, Wonderful!, Sawbones, plus Monster Factory.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Are any of the third-party food delivery places *not* scum? Most of my local takeaways are now on one or the other and I'd rather not give money to Uber Eats (for obvious reasons) and I've heard Deliveroo treats their drivers even worse, so if anyone could tell me that, say, Just Eat are at least a tiny bit less scummy than the others I'd be happy to use them.

(Obviously I'm going to give the driver a decent cash tip, especially as it's just started raining - I'd just be happy if the delivery fee weren't going to the wrong people)

Just phone the delivery place directly and pay the driver when they arrive?

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
Listen to Knowledge Fight people

Tories delenda est

CptAwesome
Nov 2, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

The Attitude Era podcast is funny and made by 2 english lads and an Irish guy and they're good eggs

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

If the podcast is supposed to be a rotating collective then simply rotate members in and out 24/7 and never let the podcast end :kheldragar:

This is basically the plan for the livestream

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

Poison Jam posted:

I'll never listen to the podcast because I don't want to hear your real voices instead of the ones I have in my head when I read your posts.

Real reason I keep forgetting, sorry I'll catch up on it

Tories delenda est

Watch it on youtube for subs with it muted

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

oooooh it's Skills comma Wallets. not Skills-Wallets. As in they're pro skills and pro wallets. I genuinely did not get that to start with.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

I don't know where wrestling fans find the time, I can barely fit in AEW, NXT, and NJPW, let alone any podcasts on top of that. Being a wrestling fan is like having a full time job

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Being a wrestling fan is like having a full time job
Neither are necessary with our current level of technology and yet they persist because capitalism?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

More skills, of the wallets? Same.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Rarity posted:

This is basically the plan for the livestream

I'm bracing myself CHAOS to REIGN on that night.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

feedmegin posted:

With what sauce? :toughguy:

Edit: fried fruitcake?!

It's great you should try it, though I guess it's fruit pudding not cake. You fry it up like you would bread.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

pitch a fitness posted:

oooooh it's Skills comma Wallets. not Skills-Wallets. As in they're pro skills and pro wallets. I genuinely did not get that to start with.

No it's a discrete thing they're pushing. It's dumb.

If you want to know how dumb you can listen to the podcasting is praxis podcast episode where we review the Lib Dems conference!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If I can wrangle the day off I'm going to see if I can do vote ferrying all day since I can drive now, so I'll probably be trying to balance sleep and anxiety on election night.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I’d only watch the podcast on YouTube if it had face cams and everyone looked like they’re avatars :colbert:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

If I can wrangle the day off I'm going to see if I can do vote ferrying all day since I can drive now, so I'll probably be trying to balance sleep and anxiety on election night.

Let's be honest nobody with the slightest interest in UK politics is getting any sleep before about 5am on the 13th.

Ikwaylx
Aug 19, 2011

Drop the bandibass!

Ms Adequate posted:

Alternatively, McElroy family. MBMBaM, TAZ, Shmanners, Wonderful!, Sawbones, plus Monster Factory.

I love the McElboys but my god I've been listening to Sawbones for a year and I still have 4 more years worth of podcasts to get through before I'm caught up. Never mind the other ones!

Very wholesome shows all around tho, I second the recommendation!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Poison Jam posted:

Listen to Knowledge Fight people

Tories delenda est

Knowledge Fight is awesome and I've no idea how they manage to make 2+ hours of talking about a failing right-wing talk radio host so funny - *and* do it 3-4 times a week.

Also Top Flight Time Machine, which has now eclipsed Athletico Mince as my favourite about-football-but-not-really podcast. Don't worry if you know nothing about football, they so rarely talk about it it's a surprise when it comes up. Mostly they talk about ghosts, digging holes, and how to find a shark's kidneys if you're in a fight with one.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Angrymog posted:

Just phone the delivery place directly and pay the driver when they arrive?

Just chiming in to say - a lot of places I've used don't let you do that (whether it's part of the contract or they just canny be arsed taking orders over the phone now they have a new system I don't know...)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

Let's be honest nobody with the slightest interest in UK politics is getting any sleep before about 5am on the 13th.

I slept through the last one :v:

But I also know that the best way to manage my anxiety is controlling the input and I am actually good about that, following this place on election night would quite probably kill me.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Guavanaut posted:

Neither are necessary with our current level of technology and yet they persist because capitalism?

Even fully automated queer luxury space communism will need Orange Cassidy

https://youtu.be/_ILMpJOzUXM?t=132

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I got really high during the last election and went to sleep before the results came in

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Knowledge Fight is awesome and I've no idea how they manage to make 2+ hours of talking about a failing right-wing talk radio host so funny - *and* do it 3-4 times a week.

Also Top Flight Time Machine, which has now eclipsed Athletico Mince as my favourite about-football-but-not-really podcast. Don't worry if you know nothing about football, they so rarely talk about it it's a surprise when it comes up. Mostly they talk about ghosts, digging holes, and how to find a shark's kidneys if you're in a fight with one.

Listen to both of these podcasts they are fantastic

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

OwlFancier posted:

I slept through the last one :v:

But I also know that the best way to manage my anxiety is controlling the input and I am actually good about that, following this place on election night would quite probably kill me.

Oh fair enough if you're not a dipshit like me :v:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's less not-a-dipshit and more that I am genuinely terrible at managing it otherwise so I've gotten quite strict about avoiding triggering it :v:

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Ms Adequate posted:

Can someone meme Corbyn as Jason Voorhees slaying Boris on Friday the 13th?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ms Adequate posted:

+1 for MBMBAM

E: it’s not a podcast but I found learning about burger history with George Motz on The Burger Show is enjoyable. (First we feast on YouTube) and of course hot ones and bingin’ with Babish.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
UKMT I'm confused, is this praxis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uraG-z0grkc