Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I'm gonna stick with my TB 03 fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Speaking of analog machines I'm currently cloning the KR-55 minus the PIC. The "ring modulation" circuit is weeeeeeeeeird.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

osker posted:

Glad to help. There seems to be no limit. You can rename channels and change their colors. When you create a pattern and dump back out to the Playlist view you can long press it and get handles to extend its looping. You can also copy paste the pattern if you need to add a break.

If you do get it, get in the habit of long-pressing things. Most options in the app are kept behind a 2 second press the opens a flyout menu on finger up.

Will do! Appreciated again, as your replies have been the most info I've gotten for it, outside of Image Line's official website copy.

I know it might be below them, but I'd absolutely love a publication like Sound on Sound to really put it through its paces.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Agreed, just get a pair of 305’s.

For monitoring headphones- Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic, Fostex, and AKG all make good affordable stuff.

I have some Audio Technicas and they are fantastic and not expensive at all.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Philthy posted:

149 Euro ~ $250

it’s got filter in, but no osc out, which is a shame

I modded my XoXbox to have those two jacks, and it’s fun as hell to plug the sequencer output (via midi) into my modular, patch the osc output (which is an interrupting jack that prevents the osc output from going to the filter when something is inserted into the jack) into the mixer along with a couple of my eurorack oscillators, thru my audio processing stuff (ring mod, distortion, chorus, sub-osc generator, etc), then putting that back into the filter in and having the most glorious hosed up multioscillator TB-303 you can imagine.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Militant Lesbian posted:

it’s got filter in, but no osc out, which is a shame

I modded my XoXbox to have those two jacks, and it’s fun as hell to plug the sequencer output (via midi) into my modular, patch the osc output (which is an interrupting jack that prevents the osc output from going to the filter when something is inserted into the jack) into the mixer along with a couple of my eurorack oscillators, thru my audio processing stuff (ring mod, distortion, chorus, sub-osc generator, etc), then putting that back into the filter in and having the most glorious hosed up multioscillator TB-303 you can imagine.

Also no accent out, which is a shame because it's nice to have a trigger pulse on accent to trigger other stuff - or also if you just wanted to use it as a sequencer and get the accent steps along with the notes...

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Is the manual available somewhere?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Philthy posted:

149 Euro ~ $250

gently caress, not only does it beat the TB-03 on features, it undercuts it by a cool hundo.

Welp- so much for a Boutique trifecta. Weird form factor anyway. Maybe the new Juno.

Also- I’m not shirking my bonerjamz duties. I’m legit busy around the clock, spending time in lab babysitting equipment. I can do a lot of deep-dive phoneposting on SA but I can’t really do SoundCloud poo poo in the microscopy pen.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
I thought this would be most appreciated in this thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6h5a8LqgoY

Also this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To2JIXGoYzA

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Look Mum is insane and honestly sort of a hero (even though in his clear ADHD he seems to do things in a really roundabout way.)

But an Excel sequencer. That's new.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Will do! Appreciated again, as your replies have been the most info I've gotten for it, outside of Image Line's official website copy.

I know it might be below them, but I'd absolutely love a publication like Sound on Sound to really put it through its paces.

I have flstudio mobile and I like it more for sketches, but have a song I exported to mp3 direct from it:

Listen to Quiet Naught by Tronik on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/nik-fortuin-153625460/quiet-naught

I used a little bit of midi in for some of the melody bits but it was basically all done in bed when I couldn't sleep. And the software is much more capable than when I threw that together.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jonny Nox posted:

I have flstudio mobile and I like it more for sketches, but have a song I exported to mp3 direct from it:

Listen to Quiet Naught by Tronik on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/nik-fortuin-153625460/quiet-naught

I used a little bit of midi in for some of the melody bits but it was basically all done in bed when I couldn't sleep. And the software is much more capable than when I threw that together.

Oh, wow, thank you very much for this! Yeah, I'm planning on doing vaporwave stuff, and while I don't quite expect to get it to sound as good as I'd like through FLSM, if I can hash out an arrangement at least, I can then just take that over to Serum or something, and make it actually sound good.

EDIT: Ok, I replied before hearing your track, and holy poo poo, I'm now even more hyped to get FLSM. Excellent work!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Found this over at Gearslutz. Those forums are a cesspool. Holy poo poo I've never seen so many people complaining.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
gearslutz is pretty awful yea

edit: actually behringer has some sort of event up in a few hours: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HdRtDESrMU

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Philthy posted:

Found this over at Gearslutz. Those forums are a cesspool. Holy poo poo I've never seen so many people complaining.

I don't get it. Are they saying cool colors would be bad?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I salvaged an old compaq with a damaged AdLib and pulled the YM3812 from it. Going to try making a synth out of it.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

gearslutz is pretty awful yea

edit: actually behringer has some sort of event up in a few hours:

Awesome! 1 hour away!

I usually take lunch right at that time. I'll be watching it. Pretty excited about all things acid. That sound just gives me goosebumps without fail. Always has.

toadee posted:

I don't get it. Are they saying cool colors would be bad?

I dunno, something about the MS101 clone colors not cool. Which is ridiculous because they look amazing to me.

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Philthy posted:

Wish they would have added borg/devil fish mods on them. Id gladly own a gold wonky 303

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
4 minutes left!

Quincy Smallvoice fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 8, 2019

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

They are already into audio and yesssir, that's a 303.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
I mean... for 149 EUR? yea

edit: hiiiiigherrrrr staaaaaaaate offfff conciouosssssnessssss

edit2: yes I know thats an mc202

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Yeah they went through a bunch of famous acid lines. I think possibly the resonance chirps a little bit too much at max? I'm not sure though, and either way, it's the cheapest good 303 clone there is, for sure.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

toadee posted:

Yeah they went through a bunch of famous acid lines. I think possibly the resonance chirps a little bit too much at max? I'm not sure though, and either way, it's the cheapest good 303 clone there is, for sure.

They had the distortion all the way up for almost the entire clip.

That red tho. I want it.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
i quite liked the sound of that distortion unit.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Holy poo poo they are already shipping to retailers. Yeah I can't pass this up, especially because Roland might actually try to sue them over the design (the new version of the BassBot TT-303 had to totally change the case because of a Roland lawsuit), so get it before it's illegal!

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

hmm... do I need a second 303?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
this is a really lovely bass guitar emulator I don’t know what you guys are pumped about

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcC572m8rHs

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

$138 https://www.thomann.de/intl/behringer_td_3_sr.htm

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Top Hats Monthly posted:

this is a really lovely bass guitar emulator I don’t know what you guys are pumped about

:goonsay:
gearslutz

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Jesus, the dude over at Sweetwater already got my preorder paid for and I'm first in line for a red one. $157 after tax.

I find this hard to believe. I bet it jumps to $200 like the crave went from $200 to $250 magically.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
first one here to get it will need to perform Acperience 1 in full fyi

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Has anyone here tried out Launchpad X, and have thoughts on how it compares to the Launchpad Pro? They're so close in price at this point that it's hard for me to weigh whether the X losing the extra controls on the left hand side of the Pro (as well as the MIDI ports) is offset by the X having newer, slightly bigger pads, and having a button for Capture Midi, which seems like it would be handy. All things being equal, a brand new device seems slightly more attractive than something that's been around for a few years. Anyone tried both and have thoughts on the differences?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
tbh a minimoog is a really lovely brass/horns emulator and I don’t get why everyone goes nuts over them

and the dx7 is the worst Rhodes emulator ever made, meh

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Philthy posted:

Jesus, the dude over at Sweetwater already got my preorder paid for and I'm first in line for a red one. $157 after tax.

I find this hard to believe. I bet it jumps to $200 like the crave went from $200 to $250 magically.

lol gently caress. I was waiting on my guy to email me back and the silver is now gone and it's $200 for the blue or red preorder

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
All gear is poo poo, hail Satan.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Do that poo poo in yer DAW

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Classic Silver 303?

Red 303 and Blue 101?

Blue 303 and Red 101?

Matching colors????

????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

While everyone is hyped about Behringer, I walked over to Chicago Music Exchange and traded one of my Mother-32s and my Sample for a DFAM and I already feel like I have a much better rig. The Sample just never got used, and I was constantly trying to use one of the Mothers for perc sounds anyway, so I got a decent perc engine instead of a crazy sequencer.