Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

nobody on SA is 21 years old

speak up sonny :corsair:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Dravs posted:

Lastly, if Labour had any chance of winning my constituency, like even 10% off the vote, I would vote tactically, I think most Greens would. The Tories have literally held my seat for just over 150 years and currently hold 60% of the total vote.

horsham? 139. You were liberal more recently than Canterbury, who had a brief interruption under a locally popular kleptomaniac. We took Canterbury, and we're keeping it.

vote labour if you want literally any chance of green policy because, unlike the greens, we actually might get to implement them. You've pacted with a party led by someone who votes tory whip more than the tory cabinet do

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Spangly A posted:

horsham? 139. You were liberal more recently than Canterbury, who had a brief interruption under a locally popular kleptomaniac. We took Canterbury, and we're keeping it.

vote labour if you want literally any chance of green policy because, unlike the greens, we actually might get to implement them. You've pacted with a party led by someone who votes tory whip more than the tory cabinet do

voted, to be fair. i'd be very surprised if brexit votes didn't void that particular statistic

but yeah entering a coalition pact with the remain tories is a really bad look

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

voted, to be fair. i'd be very surprised if brexit votes didn't void that particular statistic

it's a campaign talking point so surpriiiiiiiiiise!

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Spangly A posted:

Where is Horsham? I'm in Suffolk, one of the bluest parts of the country.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Saw Jreremy Corbyn beating an old jewissh lady with a belt today on the side of the road. I was apauled!. Me and my obscenely rich parents and friends will certainly not be voting labour this election!

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

This whole "winner takes it all" voting system is so goddamn strange

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Dravs posted:

Where is Horsham? I'm in Suffolk, one of the bluest parts of the country.

Horsham (west sussex) was the longest-held tory seat I could find, 139 years. Suffolk has 7 constituencies that I can see, 6 tory 1 lab, all tory have lab second

I can't actually see that any seats have been held longer than horsham and I see absolutely none where Labour isn't the only option to beat the tories

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Wuxi posted:

This whole "winner takes it all" voting system is so goddamn strange

we need bulletproof vests for babies, not confusing foreign voting systems

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

point is if you're in suffolk, you're voting for the party with the 2nd best green policies, who've never done better than 4th, instead of the party with the best green policies, most likely next government, who are in second. Labour have more than half the seats within range, and no other party even has double digits.

UKIP took 10k votes in one of those seats in 2015. Have some ambition.

Spangly A has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Nov 8, 2019

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
brexit

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1192877466135793664

poty has issued a correction as of 20:20 on Nov 8, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

anyone else had those nightmares where you can read the words on signs but they don't make sense?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what is a skills wallet

Is it dumb job Triaining

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I thought the top Google results would explain, but no, buried deeper, it's a euphemism created by one particular corporate training suite company.

Referring to the lovely corporate training regimine you've passed. It apparently comes in the form of achievement like badges.

We are in hell

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deleted

what was it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

wait, not deleted???

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

skwillets???????

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

euphronius posted:

what is a skills wallet

Is it dumb job Triaining

Once a decade the Lib Dems will give everyone access to a few grand to spend on some sort of education and encourage businesses or something to add more to it.

Basically when you're 20, 30 and 40 they'll pay for you to get a lovely GCSE or C&G in something because it'll never fund a full degree or professional qualification.

It would genuinely be a better policy to promise everyone in the country gets a proper bank account to store money in, the number of people still without one is shocking.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

how about mandating companies train their employees

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

euphronius posted:

As somebody who had to sit through mandatory corporate trainings: No. :colbert:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

euphronius posted:

Anticapitalist thus anti Semitic

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

namesake posted:

Once a decade the Lib Dems will give everyone access to a few grand to spend on some sort of education and encourage businesses or something to add more to it.

Basically when you're 20, 30 and 40 they'll pay for you to get a lovely GCSE or C&G in something because it'll never fund a full degree or professional qualification.

It would genuinely be a better policy to promise everyone in the country gets a proper bank account to store money in, the number of people still without one is shocking.

Oh is *that* what it is.

Most hilarious is this iteration of the policy offers you £9k (spread over those three tranches). Feel like I've heard that number, and university, and Lib Dems together before.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

A "skills wallet" sounds like something you would be given in high school and told to record exam results and extracurricular activities in and to keep very safe because employers would want to see it and that everyone promptly lost

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

heres my skill wallet :goatsecx:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Party Boat posted:

A "skills wallet" sounds like something you would be given in high school and told to record exam results and extracurricular activities in and to keep very safe because employers would want to see it and that everyone promptly lost

the national record of achievement was exactly that
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Record_of_Achievement

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Squizzle posted:

wait, not deleted???

thankfully i had a tweets wallet

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Doccykins posted:

I still got mine somewhere.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would like a booze wallet

for whom should I talley my suffrage

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Doccykins posted:

Lol I knew I hadn't imagined it

How many employers have asked to see yours?

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
The UK had an honest to God permanent record. Wow.

I mean these were the same people who created Anti-Social Behavior Orders so I shouldn't be surprised.

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Doccykins posted:

they talked about doing something like this in the US in the 90s and it went exactly nowhere. which based on your experience in the UK sounds like that was exactly where that idea should have gone!

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

I have my National Record of Achievement right here and it contains certificates such as "Evidence of communication skills" a work experience certificate that states my general appearance is "ok" and a big blue piece of cardboard that just says "Excellent work 10 credits" on it.

Also a bunch of borderline advertising from Natwest and Lloyds banks saying I completed their "Credit Worthy" and "World of Work" activities.

Plus the printout of computer program that said despite wanting to be a fighter pilot, with my skills I should be a horse groomer.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ok groomer

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

RobattoJesus posted:

I have my National Record of Achievement right here and it contains certificates such as "Evidence of communication skills" a work experience certificate that states my general appearance is "ok" and a big blue piece of cardboard that just says "Excellent work 10 credits" on it.

Also a bunch of borderline advertising from Natwest and Lloyds banks saying I completed their "Credit Worthy" and "World of Work" activities.

Plus the printout of computer program that said despite wanting to be a fighter pilot, with my skills I should be a horse groomer.

Post your "personal statement" you coward

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Amphigory posted:

Post your "personal statement" you coward

I skimmed it and it was pathetic but I think the gist was "I want an education so don't have to groom horses"

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Is this real? Why did they use a pic where her arm's shadow makes it look like she has a giant sweat patch and two days growth of stubble?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

:brexit:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Skrillex wallets

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im the skills wallets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009