Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CS3 localisation was announced in January this year so it's not impossible assuming NISA already have the license and have started working on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Ch3 boss silliness: Completely by accident and purely thanks to stray S-Craft crits, Arianrhod went down first. Duvalie needs a promotion.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ohtsam posted:

I don't suppose theres any hope of the 4th game coming out in the US sooner than 2021?

Be kind of silly to finish CS3 and not get on CS4 (or indeed have already been working on it, but that's a bit further out there), so could be.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Stelas posted:

Ch3 boss silliness: Completely by accident and purely thanks to stray S-Craft crits, Arianrhod went down first. Duvalie needs a promotion.

This is actually the expected average outcome since everyone else regenerates.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Clarste posted:

CS3 drinking game: take a drink whenever anyone mentions exactly how long it's been since they met another character.

Take a drink every time Musse starts a sentence with 'Teehee'

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Sakurazuka posted:

Take a drink every time Musse starts a sentence with 'Teehee'

That's not just Musse. A huge fraction of female characters' lines begin with a giggle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's always been insanely common in the Japanese, the xseed TLs just edited a lot of them out.

Death Priest
Jun 24, 2004
Take a drink everytime someone is described as pretty or beautiful.
Or don't.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I haven't even started my first school outing and all these kids are already complicated little jerks. Ash is turbo suspicious and Musse might be worse.:allears:

Is Juna in those Crossbell games I need to get around to?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Caidin posted:

I haven't even started my first school outing and all these kids are already complicated little jerks. Ash is turbo suspicious and Musse might be worse.:allears:

Is Juna in those Crossbell games I need to get around to?

No.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think I already missed the first recipe after potato salad because I missed that thing about recommended dishes and I am dying inside.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If it's one of the ones in Leeves you have multiple chances of getting it, if it's in another town you've left already yup you're screwed, unless you get to revisit them at some point after where I am.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Choked up a bit at the Class VII reunion (Chapter 4 spoiler)

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep

Clarste posted:

This is actually the expected average outcome since everyone else regenerates.

They do? Huh didn't happen once for me. That may have been the easiest chapter end boss for me so far.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Once I got a handle on the new break system and how to use orders to abuse it the game was even easier than CS1 & 2

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Ohtsam posted:

Once I got a handle on the new break system and how to use orders to abuse it the game was even easier than CS1 & 2

They did a really good job at balancing it out, too. At least as far as random battles are concerned. Sledgehammer + Wind Blade will eat through pretty much everything you encounter up to and including the final boss, but you don't always have access to it. Sara's is just completely absurd. It's pretty great, but the game definitely punishes you if you let a boss get out of Break mode. Bosses were designed to get them in Break mode and keep them there, for the love of Aidios. Pretty much any boss in the final dungeon is gonna OHKO your team if you let them out of Break. I wasn't a fan of that aspect because it snaps you into a panic mode with a powered up boss. I would not have won the second-to-last battle if Alissa hadn't been equipped with that accessory that raises HP by 9999. I also wish there was a way to revive people who were shifted out of the battle party.

Losem
Jun 17, 2003
Slightly Angry Sheep

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I also wish there was a way to revive people who were shifted out of the battle party.

I feel like the few times I've used spirit incense (heals 50% max health revive to party) it has done that to the entire party including those warming the bench.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Losem posted:

I feel like the few times I've used spirit incense (heals 50% max health revive to party) it has done that to the entire party including those warming the bench.

Well that would have made the dragon fights easier. The second one was a real nailbiter. It was down to Millium at one point. Which is when you're supposed to use those kinds of items, but what sort of RPG player would I be if I did that?

Although it did make me actually laugh because I had this mental image of 11 other people standing around watching while this little girl fought off a dragon with her friends unconscious around her.

Hey maybe THAT'S her unspecified reason for fighting the party at the end. She was mad

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hmm. I'm not sure if it's a bug (maybe the person's about to come right back?) but the game hasn't unequipped one of the party after the end of chapter 3. I can tear all the quartz off my current party, then scan through a shop, and it still thinks someone has a bunch equipped. I think I've 'lost' an evade 3 and attack 3 because of it, which is a bit annoying.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Chapter 4 Dragon boss gave me the most trouble so far this game, my second team really wasn't set up properly but I didn't want to do the first part again so I just ended up hitting 'retry and weaken' until I won lol

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Sakurazuka posted:

Chapter 4 Dragon boss gave me the most trouble so far this game, my second team really wasn't set up properly but I didn't want to do the first part again so I just ended up hitting 'retry and weaken' until I won lol

Yeah I had a real hard time with that phase too. And ill-timed 10% heal didn't help much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hats off to anyone who's already finished this, I just made it to the start of the (hopefully) final dungeon at 85 hours played.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Finished chapter 1. Cool game but everyone keeps shipping Tita with Agate and I don't like it. Rean getting shutdown when he tries to grill his students about defying orders to do stupid poo poo was nice. Also somehow I going to spend most of this game barely scraping by against everyone with a nickname again, aren't I?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Better get used to the Tita and Agate thing

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
Could be worse. Could be Rean and Elise.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Poor Agate, even Tita's character profile points out that he only sees Tita as a sister, but his co-workers will never shut up about it. He really needs to talk to Bracer HR.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Look on the bright side, at least Erika doesn't appear in the game (as far as I'm aware - currently in early Ch. 4), so we're thankfully missing that portion of this running thing at least.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well I finished it 😨

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Has anyone here played IV in Japanese? Just so I'm not wondering forever, is Millium Crono-dead or Tellah-dead? Judging by the rest of the game I'm assuming the former but I also wouldn't put it past the developers to leave her gone for good

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Has anyone here played IV in Japanese? Just so I'm not wondering forever, is Millium Crono-dead or Tellah-dead? Judging by the rest of the game I'm assuming the former but I also wouldn't put it past the developers to leave her gone for good

Ahaha, you expect Falcom to kill off a character and have them stay dead? The Cold Steel series never lets a good opportunity for character growth go unsquandered.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
I just finished chapter 3 and.....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

IceBorg posted:

:blastu:

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
End of game spoilers:

I don't believe Olivier is loving dead!

...By which I literally mean that I don't believe it. Except for Loewe no major character has ever died in this series. After Crow's treatment in this game, there's zero chance the victims of the final fight don't just pop right back up in CS IV.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

IceBorg posted:

Same. Dude really didn’t try too hard with his cover name.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Seriously, that entire ending was just a drawn out wet fart. This game still has plenty of powerful character moments, but it's fear of having characters actually develop or change in any way greatly undermines my ability to get emotionally invested in the events happening on screen. Guess we'll wait and see whether things get any better on that front in IV.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

End of game spoilers:

I don't believe Olivier is loving dead!

...By which I literally mean that I don't believe it. Except for Loewe no major character has ever died in this series. After Crow's treatment in this game, there's zero chance the victims of the final fight don't just pop right back up in CS IV.

Are you saying The Faceless
wasn't a major character?

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

OddObserver posted:

Are you saying The Faceless
wasn't a major character?

I guess you're right, but I literally forgot all about him until your post so...:shrug:

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

I literally forgot all about him until your post

It's what he would have wanted.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Seriously, that entire ending was just a drawn out wet fart. This game still has plenty of powerful character moments, but it's fear of having characters actually develop or change in any way greatly undermines my ability to get emotionally invested in the events happening on screen. Guess we'll wait and see whether things get any better on that front in IV.

Hey can we please quote the posts we're responding to if we're doing spoiler blocks because I assumed this was to the chapter 3 talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Quick question about romance options for those who have played 4

Are you locked into your choice from 3 if you save transfer assuming that's a thing?