Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Byleth's mom is probably a fake human too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mercedes and bernadetta are trans

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Junpei Hyde posted:

I will never get why people insist on biological accuracy for like, this one thing

I mean I'm not I'm as into yuribabies as any dumb lesbiab.

Junpei Hyde posted:

mercedes and bernadetta are trans

Now Mercie I totally get but Bernie? What makes you say that beyond of course she's the best girl she should be?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I feel like interpreting Bernie as trans isn't really compatible with her backstory as it's been presented to us. The specifics of Count Varley's abuse don't make much sense if he thinks he's raising a son, and call me crazy, but I highly doubt he'd be open to recognizing a trans person's identity.

That said, you're still totally allowed to think Bernie is trans if you want.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Eimi posted:

I love all the Edelth kid comics, I don't care how nonsensical it is, it's just adorable. :3:

The crests are to blame thank :3:

Also, could someone explain the "Mercedes is trans" story to me? Apparently I'm too cis and dumb to figure it out.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

lightrook posted:

The crests are to blame thank :3:

Also, could someone explain the "Mercedes is trans" story to me? Apparently I'm too cis and dumb to figure it out.

I think I'm the first person who said it but basically, she's a few years older than the other girls, is taller, wears a scarf to hide her throat, speaks in a super high falsetto, has her hair done in a super femme way that after the timeskip she has the confidence to cut short, and as well her voice becomes more natural.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Not really falsetto, she's just mimicking the japanese voice minus the ara ara

ara ara

ara ara

ara ara

ara ara

ara ara

(holy poo poo, please stop mercedes)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Hope springs eternal for a character who is just incidentally trans.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Whether it's technically falsetto or an attempt to mimic the JP voice or whatever, she definitely does nail that "still working on voice and going too high" sound.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So is there an eventual ultimate path in this once you've done all three houses? Or a DLC coming that implies a walk all three houses path?

Curious after Fates which had the Nohr/Hokkaido path, but also then the "True" path you could unlock with....DLC.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Not to the best of anyone's knowledge. Which is good, because revelations wound up as a trashfire.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

Not to the best of anyone's knowledge. Which is good, because revelations wound up as a trashfire.

Did it? Ironic. I did Nohr and Hokkaido but never had time to go check out Revelations. What was so bad about it?

( and frankly I prefer the tough choice of you won't get ALL THE FRIENDS. )

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You did the wind map on chapter 9 when you barely have any units

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rookersh posted:

Did it? Ironic. I did Nohr and Hokkaido but never had time to go check out Revelations. What was so bad about it?

( and frankly I prefer the tough choice of you won't get ALL THE FRIENDS. )

The plot managed to be even dumber than the first two and balance was a complete mess. People basically joined at random points but it was all irrelevant since Corrin's extended family were all hideously powerful.

lightrook posted:

People being stereotypical!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

To be fair you miss at most...eight friends? On the route where you can recruit the least people. And you gain Jeritza now!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Plus darn near every map was a gimmick map and none of the levels and stats of recruits were adjusted for the new join times. Sure, I'll take a level 10 unpromoted unit right before the end game arc. And gradually digging through snow for traps was such a fulfilling chapter.

On the other hand, the end game arc also included your jagen as one of the final bosses, which was hilarious enough that I was able to find some joy in it all.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Not only were basically all the maps gimmick maps, but for almost all of them the gimmick was just a new take on "unless your team is all fliers your inevitable victory is gonna take about 20 more turns than it reasonably should" rather than even managing to be a sort of interesting kind of lovely like Conquest's parade of gimmick maps were.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

On the other hand, the end game arc also included your jagen as one of the final bosses, which was hilarious enough that I was able to find some joy in it all.
That's not even the best worst part.

Gunter (the aforementioned Jagen character) is possessed by the real mastermind behind everything, the fallen dragon Anankos. Once defeated, Gunter stabs himself to free his mind from said final boss. After doing this, Elise and Sakura are able to not only heal Gunter's wounds, but Gunter is freed from the mind control completely. The real kicker is that as the party has moved closer to the showdown with Anankos, they've faced other named bosses that have been possessed by Anankos. Absolutely NONE of these characters are revived and join the party after being defeated, despite both Elise and Sakura being right there when each of these characters die.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mercedes is trans cause i think thatd be neat

bernie is trans cause i also think thatd be neat

Like Clockwork
Feb 17, 2012

It's only the Final Battle once all the players are ready.

Junpei Hyde posted:

E: like given recent support info it's unlikely that either of them are meant to be but since when have I given a drat about that

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tae posted:

You did the wind map on chapter 9 when you barely have any units

The new units acquired for that chapter do like 5 damage at most to the weakest enemy on the map

Rev owned

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Cuntellectual posted:

The plot managed to be even dumber than the first two and balance was a complete mess. People basically joined at random points but it was all irrelevant since Corrin's extended family were all hideously powerful.

People being stereotypical!

I don't think it's people being stereotypical, it's people relating to a character based on their own experiences.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Headcanons care not for actual canon.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

for real i kinda relate to bernie in some ways so that prob ties into it

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

So... Is the new Anna paralogue CF exclusive or isn't it?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Amppelix posted:

Apparently there actually is a different version in the other routes that happens right before the time skip (whereas the CF one can be done at any point after it), but I can’t confirm because I don’t have any saves around then to check.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

for real i kinda relate to bernie in some ways so that prob ties into it

I agree with you there, I love Bernie so much, both out of a desire to want to see her grow and it's her and Marianne that I relate the strongest too. :unsmith:

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Amppelix posted:

It is not; I'm currently on a GD playthrough and her paralogue popped up as soon as I got the download.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Melomane Mallet posted:

It is not; I'm currently on a GD playthrough and her paralogue popped up as soon as I got the download.

Which chapter are you in?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Junpei Hyde posted:

:same:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I saw the Anna paralogue on golden deer 11. It didn't have an expiration date so I skipped it for now but it's not there in month 12. I'll see if it comes back after the time skip.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Well it hasn't popped up in azure moon ch. 14 or 15, so it doesn't look likely it'll be here.

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 9, 2019

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Not really enjoying the "added supports" amounting to Jeriza's two supports and Anna being a complete afterthought. They've been churning the DLCs out much faster than expected so I wonder if they are just concentrating on the story DLC.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dlc wave 4 also has 'more supports' listed. while that might be for the new characters it could also add supports for jeritza and anna.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Zoran posted:

Which chapter are you in?

The sealed forest one, I don't recall the number. It's still pre-time skip.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

DLC Classes datamined.

Trickster: Sword/Faith, Locktouch and Stealth + Unknown Skill, Gets Heal and unknown Spell.
War Monk: Brawling/Faith, Gets Heal and unknown Spell.
Dark Flier: Reason/Flying, Black Tomefaire + Unknown skill, Female-only (RIP Hubert), gets Thunder and Thoron.
Mage Knight: Reason/Riding, Dark/Black Magic Range+1, gets Cutting Gale and Excalibur.

All Advanced.

Some of those Mastery skills look like placeholders, but I fear a world where Lysithea gets Galeforce on top of flight, canto and Thoron.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 10, 2019

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

drat it! First Jeritza can't support Manuela and now Hubert will never be able to fly?! :argh:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

#JusticeforHubert

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

let Hubert fly you bastards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

CandyCrazy posted:

DLC Classes datamined.

Trickster: Sword/Faith, Locktouch and Stealth + Unknown Skill, Gets Heal and unknown Spell.
War Monk: Brawling/Faith, Gets Heal and unknown Spell.
Dark Flier: Reason/Flying, Black Tomefaire + Unknown skill, Female-only (RIP Hubert), gets Thunder and Thoron.
Mage Knight: Reason/Riding, Dark/Black Magic Range+1, gets Cutting Gale and Excalibur.

All Advanced.

Some of those Mastery skills look like placeholders, but I fear a world where Lysithea gets Galeforce on top of flight, canto and Thoron.
RIP Hubert but also yay for Lysithea becoming even more :black101: