Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

Got into an argument with some people the other day about Obama's deportation policy being the same as Trump's and they defended Obama's by saying Trump does it with "hatred in his heart" and "malice" unlike Obama.

don't post in D&D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Chuka Umana posted:

Got into an argument with some people the other day about Obama's deportation policy being the same as Trump's and they defended Obama's by saying Trump does it with "hatred in his heart" and "malice" unlike Obama.

*kills one thousand people with absolute mindfulness*

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
some may call this sociopathy. i call it zen. as the preacher says "i do," i say "namaste" (which is the code for the drone pilots to fire their payload)

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
if y'all think d&d is bad now imagine gw bush era where the most prolific poster also belived wrestling was real

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
anyway, i came here to post about remembering Towards a Protracted People's War in the Florida Everglades, the swamp maoist manifesto

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Rick Scott refusing to debate Charlie Crist because he had a fan in the podium blowing air into his balls.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
and an ur troll who i dearly miss who argued you should be able to gently caress a stillborn baby as it had no rights

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

mooyashi posted:

if y'all think d&d is bad now imagine gw bush era where the most prolific poster also belived wrestling was real

this is the greatest contribution to this thread and I will hold it in my heart forever

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
my fave d&d poster bounced out of the country in like 2006 because he saw it turning into a third world nation. please replace thom friedman.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

https://www.salon.com/1999/02/02/poni_8/

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/JoyVBehar/status/740901022017724416

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mooyashi posted:

my fave d&d poster bounced out of the country in like 2006 because he saw it turning into a third world nation. please replace thom friedman.

rich lib emigrants are the best lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
i know it's been said a million times but the president of the united states stared and pointed at the sun for several seconds at a time

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Jezza slapping a tiddy

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Chuka Umana posted:

cia head is what i call my dick

is that cause it hasn't seen bush since '77

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Modest Mao posted:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Modest Mao posted:

savage

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Modest Mao posted:

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Former DILF posted:

Jezza slapping a tiddy

Every appearance by Emily Thornberry where she is as drunk as an aunt at a wedding

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Modest Mao posted:

:captainpop:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Modest Mao posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-15VC4Yxzys

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Chuka Umana posted:

can you even name a truly good person though

Donald Jon Trump the First, of course

paul_soccer10 posted:

worse than bush

Nah, Dubya actually strove to be malevolent, Obama strove to be mediocre. If he came after Bernie he would have continued with what Bernie did, because at this core he a status quo decorumlord. Unfortunately, that decorumlord came after Bush II

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 23:08 on Nov 9, 2019

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
John Boehner ran loving laps around Obama lmao

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Obama's White House was ok with losing the senate because harry reid was always bothering them about using that majority to pass legislation

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

cool dance moves posted:

Obama's White House was ok with losing the senate because harry reid was always bothering them about using that majority to pass legislation

Obama putting his all eggs after Sandy Hook into some mild technocratic change to gun laws and still getting rekt by McConnell.

The 2013 immigration bill that turned the border into the Korean DMZ.

Getting the Libs to think the Export-Import Bank wasn't just a government handout to Boeing because the GOP House was against it.

Also I 100% guarantee the whole Merrick Garland thing was done with the assumption that Hillary was going to win.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
man obama really was rear end

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Nah, Dubya actually strove to be malevolent, Obama strove to be mediocre. If he came after Bernie he would have continued with what Bernie did, because at this core he a status quo decorumlord. Unfortunately, that decorumlord came after Bush II

People who voted for W got the president they voted for. Obama ran on "hope and change" and instantly betrayed that idea to continue the work of the previous administrations. He was just about the same in policy direction and worse in representing the people.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

sleeptalker posted:

People who voted for W got the president they voted for. Obama ran on "hope and change" and instantly betrayed that idea to continue the work of the previous administrations. He was just about the same in policy direction and worse in representing the people.

This.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Hillary and her maniacal smile when too many balloons fell on top of her.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Hillary sending out some goon on election night to tell everyone to go home so she didn't have to face them

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
not just any goon, THE pizzagate pedophile if I’m remembering my lore

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/dineshdsouza/status/1193312381918732290?s=21

:discourse:

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

not just any goon, THE pizzagate pedophile if I’m remembering my lore

You are! John Podesta had to go out and tell everyone, presumably because Hillary was in some kind of catatonic shock

E: and now I just remembered how she self-exiled to Chappaqua

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

I refuse to believe that Hillary wasn't absolutely wasted and throwing empty liquor bottles at Ronny Mook

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

We came pretty drat close to a nuclear war just two years ago that was only diffused because Kim-Jong-Un sent Trump a gigantic novelty make up letter

Although Dinesh seems like the guy who thinks nuclear winter isn't a thing and that only a few million people on the coasts would lose their lives in an exchange, and they were all doomed to hell heathens anyway

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

MikeCrotch posted:

Hillary sending out some goon on election night to tell everyone to go home so she didn't have to face them

I thought I heard she was too drunk to make an appearance.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

taqueso posted:

I thought I heard she was too drunk to make an appearance.

It's been implied that was the case but to my knowledge, no one has explicitly confirmed it.

That said, it's absolutely true. It's such a perfect encapsulation of the kind of folks she surrounded herself with that no one present could stop her from getting apocalyptically drunk or was willing to physically remove all alcohol from her immediate vicinity to force the issue, so they had to wait for her to sober up enough in the morning to do the concession stuff.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
getting hosed up and throwing poo poo at the sniveling little worms of her campaign on election night is the most relatable Hilldog has ever been

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Tbf we all got drunk that night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANOTHER SCORCHER
Aug 12, 2018

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

carter was the closest thing to a good president, only because he was so honest in his crisis of confidence speech

he laid out two paths forward for america

(guess which path we took lol)

Carter was a precursor to the New Dems who was almost primaried from the left by Ted loving Kennedy. He put Paul Volcker in charge of the Fed and ramped up US intervention in El Salvador which Reagan took the reins of. He was also responsible for bringing the evangelical-moral-majority types out of their political seclusion before Reagan grabbed them for the right.

Don't let his adequate post-presidency blind you to the fact he was a center-right lovely neoliberal Dem at best. Obama 1.0.