Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Command prompt doesn't let me escalate to admin within the session like bash does and I have to close out and go back to the start menu like a jackass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Pastry of the Year posted:

had to fix this first thing this morning:

- Go to chrome://flags

- Set "Tab Hover Cards" to "Disabled"

- Restart Chrome

Not where I expected to find tech support but thank you :worship:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I've been applying to a lot of jobs over the past few years. So many companies weirdly don't have a space for you to just log in on their careers page. If you want to continue working on an application or check your status, you have to start an application and then log in. It's also fun when they have timeouts, but no way to save your progress.

It occurs to me that I haven't seen a loving Unicru test in years, so thank god for that.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Unicru is out of business. I remember having to take that (45?) minute test just to get a job to make some loving sandwiches.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I tried to throw a snackie to the cat except he moved right when I let go so instead of arcing it to land near his head, it hit him in the rear end in a top hat and now he's mad at me.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Unicru is out of business. I remember having to take that (45?) minute test just to get a job to make some loving sandwiches.

I dunno what Unicru is but I've been applying for jobs, mostly minimum wage since that's all I really qualify for, and they all require those idiotic long-rear end tests. Sometimes I just quit the drat thing because why am I going to waste an hour+ of my time to apply for a cashier position? This job doesn't require anything past "scan item," why does it ask about... I don't even know what the gently caress it asks for. But all I know is that one of the questions legitimately was, "I like to keep my clocks set on time." Dude, everything sets time automatically, and the kids applying probably don't even know how to set a goddamn real clock or even know what "setting a clock" is, ugh.

Yeah I'm bitter.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I tried to throw a snackie to the cat except he moved right when I let go so instead of arcing it to land near his head, it hit him in the rear end in a top hat and now he's mad at me.

Sometime mine beg me to toss them a treat, and when I do it lands beside them and scares them, and then they're mad at me.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Away all Goats posted:

Not where I expected to find tech support but thank you :worship:

we're all in this together

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I wanted to buy a product on a website but their only option to pay is through paypal, even when using creditcards. Why don't you want my money people? I seriously do not want to make a PP account just for one product.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

YeahTubaMike posted:

When Chrome rolled out this update, literally everyone I know, including myself, immediately tried to figure out how to disable it. Swing and a miss, Google.

2 versions later: it's now permanent and worse because gently caress you.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I’ve been getting static shocked constantly today and I just want to touch my keyboard without it zapping me.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I want to knit my son a sweater for next winter, but I swear, patterns for grown men sizes are slim pickings. Finding something he'd like is proving difficult.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
We were supposed to have an active shooter drill last week at the school I work at. It was postponed until 30 October, but it didn't happen then either with no follow-up email that it was being postponed again.

Now I'm hiding in a corner in my classroom with a bunch if students while the drill is being carried out. Happy loving Halloween!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I sent my Joycons to get the drift fixed, and the parcel came back - however only one of them is returned, I'll need to wait a few more days for the other as they are being done separately. So annoying.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Steam just updated their UI for your games library and it is total garbage. I had to spend a few minutes figuring out the settings to get everything close to normal again, and for whatever reason I can't find a way to force Outer Worlds (which I got on the Microsoft store) to launch through steam like I can with Dwarf Fortress.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I just chipped a tooth and oh god a part of me is GONE FOREVER.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

frogge posted:

Steam just updated their UI for your games library and it is total garbage. I had to spend a few minutes figuring out the settings to get everything close to normal again, and for whatever reason I can't find a way to force Outer Worlds (which I got on the Microsoft store) to launch through steam like I can with Dwarf Fortress.

I'm pretty sure you can't launch MS Store games from Steam without major, major gymnastics.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

gschmidl posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't launch MS Store games from Steam without major, major gymnastics.

I got it to work for Minecraft. :shrug: I figured any .exe would work.

I guess more nerdy FWP, while doing a cleaning I discovered that my desktop case has an assload of dust in it so I cleaned it and bought some more fans to hopefully adjust the airflow. They won't arrive until after the weekend so I won't get a chance to test them out for a whole week.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

frogge posted:

I got it to work for Minecraft. :shrug: I figured any .exe would work.

If they're UWP, you're screwed because there is no .exe that'll work. I just found https://github.com/BrianLima/UWPHook, maybe that'll help?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just noticed a small rip in the side of the Dr Martens boots I bought two years ago and wear several times a week for 8+ hours at a time :qq:

I've definitely gotten some good use out of them, and I've only had to replace the laces once, but still. These are my favorite shoes and I can't find this style/pattern anymore. The hole can probably be patched easily enough, and I can totally afford new shoes right now, but both of these things take time and I sort of need these shoes for work tomorrow. And the day after. Nothing else in my closet really fits the dress code while still being comfortable enough and slip-resistant.

I could go out and try to buy new shoes tomorrow since I don't work until mid afternoon, but my husband is out of town for the weekend and he has the car and uggghh.

e: the forums timed out while I was posting and I almost double-posted because I thought it didn't go though

Bees on Wheat has a new favorite as of 09:21 on Nov 2, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Took a sick day and got the termite dude out.

He used thermal scanning and checked over the entire house. The only place I have seen tubes is in my bedroom, and while scanning there, he did show me on the monitor where the fuckers were, which lined up with where the tubes were, up in the ceiling stem wall. So he treated my room, sealed every hole up, sprayed around the outside, and was a pretty chill dude. I went for the 5 year deal just because it ends up being about $300 a year.

So I told my mom the good news about how there wasn't any other nests found, and she sent about a dozen emails wanting to know why. Where did he look? Why didn't he spray every room? Did he spray all over the yard? Did he spray the tree? What about digging trenches? And on and on. Trying to explain that yes, we paid the full amount even if only one room had termites seemed to make her angry.

gently caress, I am just glad it's hopefully over.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Loaded a game I haven't played in a long while (Black and White 2), and realized that not only do I have no muscle memory for the controls (ironic, since I remember being :wtc: when I read people had issues with the controls back in the day), but I'm just remembered that I forgot which files I used to edit (and what to edit) so that all of the ore mines in the game have a infinite amount of ore (which was never a dealbreaker, it just made things a bit easier).

Sigh.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Speaking of old games I'm going through Bastion for the first time and I can't stand the constant narration and the music isn't doing it for me

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Bees on Wheat posted:

I just noticed a small rip in the side of the Dr Martens boots I bought two years ago and wear several times a week for 8+ hours at a time :qq:

I've definitely gotten some good use out of them, and I've only had to replace the laces once, but still. These are my favorite shoes and I can't find this style/pattern anymore. The hole can probably be patched easily enough, and I can totally afford new shoes right now, but both of these things take time and I sort of need these shoes for work tomorrow. And the day after. Nothing else in my closet really fits the dress code while still being comfortable enough and slip-resistant.

I could go out and try to buy new shoes tomorrow since I don't work until mid afternoon, but my husband is out of town for the weekend and he has the car and uggghh.

e: the forums timed out while I was posting and I almost double-posted because I thought it didn't go though

Find a shoe repair place in town. Doc Martins repair really well and it’ll be cheaper than replacing the boots. Most repair shops can fix them in 2 days or less. They can probably be patched on the inside with a small seam on the exterior that’s hardly noticeable.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The ridiculously intrusive ads make reading any article on any fandom wiki on your phone a challenge.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr Christmas posted:

The ridiculously intrusive ads make reading any article on any fandom wiki on your phone a challenge.

Firefox Mobile allows plugins, including adblockers.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

MisterBibs posted:

Loaded a game I haven't played in a long while (Black and White 2), and realized that not only do I have no muscle memory for the controls (ironic, since I remember being :wtc: when I read people had issues with the controls back in the day), but I'm just remembered that I forgot which files I used to edit (and what to edit) so that all of the ore mines in the game have a infinite amount of ore (which was never a dealbreaker, it just made things a bit easier).

Sigh.

Sequel problem to this: I remembered what to edit, and did so. After I did it, I said to myself "You know, you should've backed up those files before editing them, just in case you did something wrong which causes those crashes you used to have when you hosed something up"

Guess what happened :sigh: The only real saving grace is that I was beginning to realize that the game wasn't really scratching my itch anyway, but still, duh.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Mouse Dresser posted:

Find a shoe repair place in town. Doc Martins repair really well and it’ll be cheaper than replacing the boots. Most repair shops can fix them in 2 days or less. They can probably be patched on the inside with a small seam on the exterior that’s hardly noticeable.

Yeah, I contemplated that (or just trying myself since I'm pretty handy with a needle and thread..) but I couldn't really wait that long since I was working all weekend, so I got some of that cheap leather/vinyl repair compound and patched them up myself. We'll see how long it holds up before I need to get them professionally repaired.. :pray:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Dr Christmas posted:

I just chipped a tooth and oh god a part of me is GONE FOREVER.

I had a similar weird feeling when I chipped my jaw and 8 months later that bit had worked it's way to the surface of the skin. I popped it out and it crumbled like wet chalk in my fingers.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Picnic Princess posted:

I had a similar weird feeling when I chipped my jaw and 8 months later that bit had worked it's way to the surface of the skin. I popped it out and it crumbled like wet chalk in my fingers.

I once slammed my finger in a door and for, like, six weeks later I could see the little blob of blood slowly go from the base of my finger nail to the outside. I was almost said to see it go.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

It is less than 30 degrees out today, and I don't like it. I can't just stay bundled up inside because I have to go out later. Quite grumpy about that.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

I got some steak a couple of days ago because it was cheap but I haven't had the craving for steak so it's just sitting in my fridge.

DeathCrabForCutie
Jul 14, 2019
oh fuc-
Too many rad videogames came out recently and I don't know which one to play first :(

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

Whoria Discordia posted:

Too many rad videogames came out recently and I don't know which one to play first :(

I haven't played games in a long and now I don't know what's out and what I should play.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm playing a mega rad game called Celeste. I'm not sure of the genre but it's like super meat boy but more refined and charming. Splatformer maybe? It's super good.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A few years ago I bought some bundle with all the old Id games, Quakecon I think, and that's when my Steam list got demoralizingly big.

Edit: I assume it is college football that’s altering the tv schedule and making my DVR miss the last few minutes of the new Bob’s Burgers.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 16:25 on Nov 11, 2019

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
without getting too political about it, I would really really appreciate someone explaining to me what religious freedoms the American Mormon families who were slaughtered in Mexico, did not have in the US but did in Mexico.

Because no news station will say but I am guessing polygamy.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

I hosed up my glasses having sex so now I have to add "go to the optometrist" to my list of errands today.

I hate errands.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Cowslips Warren posted:

without getting too political about it, I would really really appreciate someone explaining to me what religious freedoms the American Mormon families who were slaughtered in Mexico, did not have in the US but did in Mexico.

Because no news station will say but I am guessing polygamy.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/mexican-killings-spotlight-mormon-history-polygamy-66829707

It was totally polygamy, but the Mormon sect claims that these people did not practice polygamy :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Just filled up my 8 TB external drive so I need to buy two more of the drat things (one to back it up and another to resume filling)