Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ah but your intolerance of my intolerance, is the real hate

gently caress off chud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I am not shocked at the people that recently outed themselves as bigots in this thread. It’s nice of you guys at least get it out in the open.

Now gently caress off forever.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sickening posted:

I am not shocked at the people that recently outed themselves as bigots in this thread. It’s nice of you guys at least get it out in the open.

Now gently caress off forever.

If you're referring to me, I honestly didn't read what people were talking about and looked, rightfully, like a loving idiot for it.

I would prefer not to be called a bigot for it, though. I know where I stand on all of this and I've made that clear in plenty of posts.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Jabor posted:

yeah, trans people should just get along with people who literally want to murder them, amirite? it's just a "different world narrative", i dunno why they get so uppity about being beaten to death when they try to use the bathroom

gently caress off and die you milquetoast shitstain. if you're going to be an intolerant old gently caress then own it instead of trying to pretend that you're somehow progressive.

Lol what? Who said anything of the sort? That's one weird parallel you're trying to make. I have many LGBT friends and support the movement but wanting people to die and get hit by a bus isnt a rational mindset to have just like the boomers who want LBGT people to have zero rights are completely wrong and their world view is hosed up.

Stop trying to make it sound like I said ANYTHING of the sort, that poo poo will get shut down in a hurry

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Ok someone commission Klug to do an art nouveau piece that has the trans rights part in stone around the portrait.

Woe be to the judge that disqualifies such a work of art from play

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

80s James Hetfield posted:

Lol what? Who said anything of the sort? That's one weird parallel you're trying to make. I have many LGBT friends and support the movement but wanting people to die and get hit by a bus isnt a rational mindset to have just like the boomers who want LBGT people to have zero rights are completely wrong and their world view is hosed up.

Stop trying to make it sound like I said ANYTHING of the sort, that poo poo will get shut down in a hurry

I dunno man you're literally drawing an equivalence between expressions of outrage against oppressors to actually being an oppressor, maybe you should think about why you're defending terfs

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

You're literally here arguing :decorum: you dumbass.

whether minorities deserve human rights is not something to politely disagree about

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I dunno man you're literally drawing an equivalence between expressions of outrage against oppressors to actually being an oppressor, maybe you should think about why you're defending terfs

Except, I didnt do any of that at all or defend anyone by saying she (or anyone else) were right or factually correct in whatever bigotry they believe.

Stop misquoting me. Thank you

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Except, I didnt do any of that at all or defend anyone by saying she (or anyone else) were right or factually correct in whatever bigotry they believe.

Stop misquoting me. Thank you

You actually did when you said we, specifically me forums poster and trans lady dickeye, were no better than them

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lol that people have this mindset.

Like, as an old gently caress.......I get it, do you and you should be supported for everything but then dont in the same vein wish death on someone or want their career abolished because they have a different world narrative than you.

They already banned cards that didnt need to be banned so it's hard to say that WoTC will make any kind of logical decisions regarding this format

"In the same vein" "I'm not equating these things"

Pick one

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Jabor posted:

You're literally here arguing :decorum: you dumbass.

whether minorities deserve human rights is not something to politely disagree about

Lmfao, I never said remotely anything resembling this. Stop being obtuse. Simply saying wishing death on someone is extremely hosed up no matter where you plant your flag. We as a world, country, community need to push forward not dig in our trenches and continue to lob grenades at each other.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Lmfao, I never said remotely anything resembling this. Stop being obtuse. <more calls for :decorum:>

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lmfao, I never said remotely anything resembling this. Stop being obtuse. Simply saying wishing death on someone is extremely hosed up no matter where you plant your flag. We as a world, country, community need to push forward not dig in our trenches and continue to lob grenades at each other.

Yeah ok well you let me know when terfs are done lobbing grenades at me so I can push forward

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I'm guessing they told her to remove the alters because WotC broadcasting a takedown of their own contractor is a legally questionable move.

Terrible optics nonetheless.

markerstore
Dec 5, 2003
Canny!

mossyfisk posted:

I'm guessing they told her

them

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ShaneB posted:

If you're referring to me, I honestly didn't read what people were talking about and looked, rightfully, like a loving idiot for it.

I would prefer not to be called a bigot for it, though. I know where I stand on all of this and I've made that clear in plenty of posts.

As one of the trans people speaking up, I accept your apology. We’re good. :unsmith:

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

I think he’s saying that the best possible outcome is that Nielsen realizes her position is stupid and becomes an ally/advocate, and that’s what we should want for her and all other people who are currently driven by fear and backwards mindsets. If they are given a chance and refuse, or publicly and repeatedly advocate against trans rights then yea, gently caress them bigtimes. She seems like a typical brainpoisoned boomer tho, so it looks pretty grim.

meanolmrcloud fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 9, 2019

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

meanolmrcloud posted:

I think he’s saying that the best possible outcome is that Nielsen realizes her position is stupid and becomes an ally/advocate, and that’s what we should want for her and all other people who are currently driven by fear and backwards mindsets. If they are given a chance and refuse, or publicly and repeatedly advocate against trans rights then yea, gently caress them bigtimes.

Yeah nah I just hope people like that stop and it turns out the fastest way is for them to die

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Hey folks. Been on a plane for the last 13 hours. Just checking in with the thread and...oh.

Oh... :(

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

my bad

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

meanolmrcloud posted:

I think he’s saying that the best possible outcome is that Nielsen realizes her position is stupid and becomes an ally/advocate, and that’s what we should want for her and all other people who are currently driven by fear and backwards mindsets. If they are given a chance and refuse, or publicly and repeatedly advocate against trans rights then yea, gently caress them bigtimes. She seems like a typical brainpoisoned boomer tho, so it looks pretty grim.
what is Nielsen's position?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ShaneB posted:

Todd Anderson is 8-0 in the latest pioneer PTQ with mono green devotion. After 2 cards got banned from it.

Somebody is going to be 8-0 with something. That's literally how tournaments work. Unless you're going to show me some significant percentage of day 1 conversion rate on Nykthos, or a stacked top 8, I can't be bothered.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Toshimo posted:

Somebody is going to be 8-0 with something. That's literally how tournaments work. Unless you're going to show me some significant percentage of day 1 conversion rate on Nykthos, or a stacked top 8, I can't be bothered.

Not saying it's still busted, just mentioning it's funny to me.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

ShaneB posted:

Edit: removed an stupid response said without any real awareness of what was going on. Full apology in future post below.

Todd Anderson is 8-0 in the latest pioneer PTQ with mono green devotion. After 2 cards got banned from it.

On top of what Toshimo said, the object of banning cards isn't to outright kill a deck archetype, it's to make it more fair against the rest of the available meta.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

LifeLynx posted:

On top of what Toshimo said, the object of banning cards isn't to outright kill a deck archetype, it's to make it more fair against the rest of the available meta.

Again I will say. I didn't bring it up as evidence of it's bustedness. It was simply cool to see Todd run it back again successfully.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

We as a world, country, community need to push forward not dig in our trenches and continue to lob grenades at each other.
Yes we should just try to get along with everyone peacefully, even though one side of this argument is in favor of literal death camps.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i need a new bag to throw all my nerd poo poo in for game nights. please recommend a bag to me. god bless.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i need a new bag to throw all my nerd poo poo in for game nights. please recommend a bag to me. god bless.

you should specify what nerd poo poo that is. Like as an RPG tabletop nerd I need a bag to put a laptop, 6-7 8.5x11in books, and some odds and ends in, but you might need different.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My Amazon brand camera bag is fantastic for being a magic transport device. I can fit 6 100 card boulders deck boxes, a small binder, my playmat in the tripod area, and still have three pouches for tokens, snacks, phone charger, notepad, dice, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CDS9HTM/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_OqUXDbD11Z79J

Been using it for two years and it has held up very well. Great size for a carry on, too.

Aranan fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 9, 2019

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

AlternateNu posted:

Hey folks. Been on a plane for the last 13 hours. Just checking in with the thread and...oh.

Oh... :(

Your life must have been so peaceful for those hours

I feel like the "Nielsen is a piece of poo poo" discussion pops up at least once a month and I feel like there's always something new to be disappointed about with her, be it her history or her non-apologies or her pretentious tone-deaf support for things that her votes speak otherwise for.

On the note of trans rights though I want a card with Alesha stabbing/slashing/otherwise maiming some creature/planeswalker Nielsen did the art for

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

ShaneB posted:

Edit: removed an stupid response said without any real awareness of what was going on. Full apology in future post below.

That's great, validates the ban decisions for Pioneer and shows that the deck can still be viable. What's the rest of the field in that event looking like?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

BizarroAzrael posted:

They wouldn't ban Nykthos would they? I've been testing 3 black Devotion decks. Not dependent on it in the same way but it's nice to power a Knight of the Ebon Order or a big Garry turn with it.

wellllll.....

https://clips.twitch.tv/AmazonianGrossZebraOptimizePrime

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mossyfisk posted:

I'm guessing they told her to remove the alters because WotC broadcasting a takedown of their own contractor is a legally questionable move.

Terrible optics nonetheless.

Regardless how any of us may feel I think this is what happened the way the cards are presented are basically a personal attack on TN, whether or not any of us feel that’s justified I don’t think Wotc wants to be in the position of allowing attacks on others in any form let alone someone who does work for them.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

what the gently caress pioneer

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Arivia posted:

you should specify what nerd poo poo that is. Like as an RPG tabletop nerd I need a bag to put a laptop, 6-7 8.5x11in books, and some odds and ends in, but you might need different.

I have to carry 4-5 edh decks plus tokens plus playmat binder etc and usually a couple other small things

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Mat Cauthon posted:

That's great, validates the ban decisions for Pioneer and shows that the deck can still be viable. What's the rest of the field in that event looking like?

https://twitter.com/CainRianhard/status/1193088935758577664?s=19

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Koirhor posted:

Regardless how any of us may feel I think this is what happened the way the cards are presented are basically a personal attack on TN, whether or not any of us feel that’s justified I don’t think Wotc wants to be in the position of allowing attacks on others in any form let alone someone who does work for them.

Saying trans rights are humans rights are not an attack of any kind. Jesus loving Christ you chuds.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I have to carry 4-5 edh decks plus tokens plus playmat binder etc and usually a couple other small things

When I need to transport multiple modern decks, I put them in one of the ultimate guard arkhives with a series of Boulder cases. I think the smallest one will snugly fit four 100 card Boulder cases and keep them from shifting around, they also have larger ones and some have a spot for a rolled up playmat.

Something like this would do you and fit in basically any bad you can find.
http://ultimateguard.com/en/superhive/superhive-550-xenoskin

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 9, 2019

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

That's about what I carry and a simple but sturdy backpack does the trick. I ended up taking a few edh decks out though when I realized how rarely I was pulling them out though simply because I like to travel as light as possible.

E: 3 of my edh decks are in those bulky tower deck boxes too, the other two more casual/less valuable ones are in a simple small card storage box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

A lot of G/x but mono-Black, UR, and Mono-Red making some respectable performances. IDK, seems fine to me but I guess we'll see what WOTC does on Monday. What is Pioneer for if not to be able to pull off some crazy overpowered plays every once in a while?

Koirhor posted:

This post is like if a Blue Lives Matter patch and a Straight Pride Parade sticker had a kid and that kid was a loving idiot.