Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dudley posted:

Yeah, I don't know why Lowe went on a "White knight VAR" rant there at all.

Because they're humans and their feelies get hurt lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

arsenal look like utter poo poo

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Of course var doesn't do anything here with the obvious peno lol

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

oliwan posted:

Of course var doesn't do anything here with the obvious peno lol

i would call it a top 4 club conspiracy but it's only benefited spurs and arsenal so far

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I'm convinced that CL final loss broke Poch. He probably thought he was locked in for the Real job and then that fell to poo poo and now he looks like he doesn't give a poo poo

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

triple sulk posted:

arsenal look like utter poo poo

They are.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Such a good sack race this year. Poch, Ole, Emery, Silva, Pellegrini could all well be gone before 2020. anyone else?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

skasion posted:

Such a good sack race this year. Poch, Ole, Emery, Silva, Pellegrini could all well be gone before 2020. anyone else?

If Pep doesn't win the league or CL he's gone I think. But he will step down not quit.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/tomsportsjourno/status/1193222832412659723?s=19

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I'm glad they didn't give that pen because it gives Emery an out.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
this is poo poo and I blame poonai emery, the bus-parker

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

you know at peak #wengerout i just wanted to lose in new and exciting ways and ill be damned if arsenal didn't find another dude to consistently lose in the same infuriating fashion every goddamn time

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Best 0-0 in awhile?

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

this second half is completely different and both teams look positive but the first half from arsenal was real bad

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Wow!!!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Vardy rules

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

oliwan posted:

Vardy is going to murder arsenal

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
vardy freaking owns and if he starts every match for england this summer its coming home

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Barsenal

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

ok im melting down again

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Liquid Football

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

So after a couple setup passes outside the box Leicester played it forward to an attacking player instead of just passing it around a dozen more times at the corner of the area before a back pass gets picked off by the opposition. Arsenal may want to make a note of that technique.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Leicester owns

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo Maddison

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
This should be Emery's last game but it won't be

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao arsenal are so loving bad

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ciprian Maricon posted:

you know at peak #wengerout i just wanted to lose in new and exciting ways and ill be damned if arsenal didn't find another dude to consistently lose in the same infuriating fashion every goddamn time

He’s really very similar to Wenger. He just tells them to park the bus while looking lost, disorganized, and confused.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Leicester are god's gift to the premier league, thank u god

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

blue footed boobie posted:

He’s really very similar to Wenger. He just tells them to park the bus while looking lost, disorganized, and confused.

ah yes arsene wenger, noted bus parker and purveyor of poo poo defensive football

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

He is the precise polar opposite of Wenger.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Need a pep talk from Tony Adams after this.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

EC10 posted:

ah yes arsene wenger, noted bus parker and purveyor of poo poo defensive football

think he means hes stubborn and sticks to approaches that are clearly not working

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Leicester play city on the Saturday before Christmas, and then Liverpool on boxing Day lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
maybe some Advanced Stats would help:

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Almost a doozy of a goal there.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Big Huski Boi posted:

He is the precise polar opposite of Wenger.

Indeed because Wenger never adapted, he wanted his team to play one way and triumph but he should have tweaked it. Emery changes the lineup and tactics to no noticeble effect every match.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Whenever Wenger parked the bus in his last few seasons it generally worked pretty well. (I remember them beating a title worthy Man City team 2-0 but parking and countering).

Whenever he didn't Arsenals attack was so much more fluid than it is now. They still had the issue of too much passing around the box without penetration but could at least hold on to the ball for long periods and usually get something from it. This team is totally different in style and it's way worse.

Edit:

This was a park the bus counter tactic Wenger used because he knew he couldn't beat City at the fluid game and it worked beautifully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF7Gs7-TR9c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

paddyboat posted:

maybe some Advanced Stats would help:

haha goddamn