Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Make popcorn lung great again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Siljmonster posted:

when Bush was saying "they hate our freedom" what was he actually talking about?

This is early 2000's history, a very long time ago so if you know anything please share.

I don't think anyone one knew what it meant even then. I assumed it was referring toward how groups like the Taliban restrict political speech and the rights of women. In Islamic fundamentalism, painting imagery is forbidden and the arts of calligraphy and weaving patterns into textiles have flourished. I assumed it was alleging that why the 9/11 hijackers did 9/11 is that they couldn't stand that we don't restrict the things that their home countries do. I don't know whether that's completely true, but the groups responsible themselves cited our stationing of troops in their home countries, even with their governments' permission, as a factor.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Siljmonster posted:

when Bush was saying "they hate our freedom" what was he actually talking about?

This is early 2000's history, a very long time ago so if you know anything please share.

it was they hate us for our freedom

which nice side stepped the whole political dynamic of obl

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
lmao I met an irl buttigieg supporter

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
angry taliban man getting himself in to a frothing rage thinking about americans and their multiple options of breakfast cereal

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

we can use these guys to put up a smokescreen for the juggalo berserkers

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

galenanorth posted:

I don't think anyone one knew what it meant even then. I assumed it was referring toward how groups like the Taliban restrict political speech and the rights of women. In Islamic fundamentalism, painting imagery is forbidden and the arts of calligraphy and weaving patterns into textiles have flourished. I assumed it was alleging that why the 9/11 hijackers did 9/11 is that they couldn't stand that we don't restrict the things that their home countries do. I don't know whether that's completely true, but the groups responsible themselves cited our stationing of troops in their home countries, even with their governments' permission, as a factor.

It's the whole dumb thing in which american's believe the whole "City on the Hill" bit from Ronald Reagan's speech.

Other things like blowback from foreign policy for things like blank check support for Israel is not a factor in thinking about what actually caused 9/11.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thetomzone/status/1193267781250273281

this makes a lot more sense now

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
posting on the Danzig page

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

pretty amazing that americahas elected historically terrible potuses back to back to back to back to back to back

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what's the difference between "they hate our freedom" and "hope & change", you ask? who says there has to be one.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

fits my needs posted:

what's the difference between "they hate our freedom" and "hope & change", you ask? who says there has to be one.

I'd fly this flag gently caress yeah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So it's basically a small business tyrant event?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

RIP Evo Morales

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1193286464341196809?s=20

:clint:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Admiral Ray posted:

Capitalism has worked great libs, and so does hitting your kids. I was hit and didn't immediately die and I turned out great, so great I think it's cool to abuse kids. Vote for me MAGA 2020 TRUMP DEATH TRIGGER THE LIBS lovely SCHIFF

what if we hit our kids ... with capitalism?

quick how do we monetize hitting our kids

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Reality Sinner posted:

angry taliban man getting himself in to a frothing rage thinking about americans and their multiple options of breakfast cereal

breakfast cereal flavored vape juices*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

He finally found his Safe Space!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Reality Sinner posted:

pretty amazing that americahas elected historically terrible potuses back to back to back to back to back to back

everyone please calm down

i don't know if trupm necessarily has itty bitty hands, maybe his head is just loving yuge in comparison

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Big wet plane

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

lol why are humans such garbage

like even though i try to be good i have sometimes in the past gotten angry and said mean things that i cringe to remember

being human sucks

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i would say if i'm stuck walking behind someone smoking on the sidewalk i'd rather be bombarded by the smell of idek chinese mango pudding vape juice than clouds of choking carbonic tobaccy smoke

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

etalian posted:

It's the whole dumb thing in which american's believe the whole "City on the Hill" bit from Ronald Reagan's speech.

Other things like blowback from foreign policy for things like blank check support for Israel is not a factor in thinking about what actually caused 9/11.

Bush did 9/11 tho

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tacodaemon posted:

like even though i try to be good i have sometimes in the past gotten angry and said mean things that i cringe to remember

being human sucks

i agree with you

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

sippy sip sip that diet coke from a 500 dollar artisanal wine glass that will be melted down for national security reasons

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Taliban 1: What do you think the americans are doing right now?

Taliban 2: probably exercising personal choice *spits*

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/itsmelissabrown/status/1193268192090742784?s=20

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

tacodaemon posted:

being human sucks

recognizing and acknowledging these feelings means ur definitely not a chud hth

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

tru but

*drake point yes* this gangtag pls

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ravenmaster1/status/1193286202117513216?s=19

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fits my needs posted:

if you cant handle me at my most fascist, then you cant handle me at my most liberal

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

not an endorsement posted:

i would say if i'm stuck walking behind someone smoking on the sidewalk i'd rather be bombarded by the smell of idek chinese mango pudding vape juice than clouds of choking carbonic tobaccy smoke

shut the gently caress up liberal

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yes i love it, i wanna be part of the SOWAD

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fits my needs posted:

ill be your fascist manchild, or your pathetic suitboy

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

I think they design them better now but I paid way too much for that first pax herb vape when it came out and it stopped making contact with its charging cradle after 6 months and they were like "Sorry about that, try ordering our new model!"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ChristsDickWorship posted:

I think they design them better now but I paid way too much for that first pax herb vape when it came out and it stopped making contact with its charging cradle after 6 months and they were like "Sorry about that, try ordering our new model!"

lmao not going with normal 510 cart battery instead of some proprietary poo poo

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Roosevelt posted:

shut the gently caress up liberal

a cigar has never looked more like an erect penis

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/EdtheSock/status/1192867097531039747?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

I don't understand the appeal of vaping and every vape evangelical seems like an absolute cretin

Nicotine: no cigarettes and associated side effects, can sneak a puff in some non smoking areas, maybe (not a huge smell but the cloud you put off is pretty hilariously conspicuous)

THC: easier to conceal than a bag or jar of weed plus a pipe plus a lighter, no or very little smell, blends right in with the nicotine vapers so you can do it in States where it's illegal (do not buy THC vape carts on the black market, even ones that appear to be in """official looking""" packaging)

I like it because I can't have cigarettes anymore and I can blow big smoke rings like I'm chugging on a hookah or something, vaping THC doesn't really do much for me