Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Arc Light posted:

A plane dumped 350 gallons of pink water for a gender reveal party in Texas, then promptly stalled and crashed. One injury reported.

https://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief.aspx?ev_id=20190908X51027

Why are "gender reveal parties" even a thing? the only thing that comes from them are wildfires and people being hit by shrapnel because they don't have a loving clue how tannerite works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Gender reveal parties have killed more people than antifa, tbh.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

mlmp08 posted:

Gender reveal parties have killed more people than antifa, tbh.

Babies, the real problem in America???

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the year is 2056 and in the post apocalypse world, warlords use nukes for gender reveal parties

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

orange juche posted:

Why are "gender reveal parties" even a thing? the only thing that comes from them are wildfires and people being hit by shrapnel because they don't have a loving clue how tannerite works.
Attention whoring.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

the year is 2056 and in the post apocalypse world, warlords use nukes for gender reveal parties

I'm picturing a CBU-24 cluster bomb, but the bomblets are blue for a boy and pink for girls.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

orange juche posted:

It's like 75% boring white suburbanites trying to 1-up each other over the dumbest poo poo imaginable, 25% reactionary bullshit to the decreasing importance of gender in modern society.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

https://twitter.com/ThomasIsOnline/status/1193198692406304769?s=20

Stephen Crowder, renowned idiot, accidentally made greatness.

thanks steve

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

hell yeah Powerpuff Women

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's so loving rad. Good job steve. Never thought I'd say that with a straight face

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I love how every time they try and go after ~the squad~ it horribly backfires.

Like when fox news unironically listed AOC's platform and she retweeted it as a point of pride.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Vasudus posted:

I love how every time they try and go after ~the squad~ it horribly backfires.

Like when fox news unironically listed AOC's platform and she retweeted it as a point of pride.

It's like they're shitposting dinosaurs who never learned to smug it up on the internet!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Arc Light posted:

A plane dumped 350 gallons of pink water for a gender reveal party in Texas, then promptly stalled and crashed. One injury reported.

https://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/brief.aspx?ev_id=20190908X51027

Y'know, Cherenkov radiation is blue.

Just sayin'.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

We don't get nice things like this :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I love my parents but holy loving poo poo I wish every boomer would drop loving dead now

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

So this means anyone making millennial jokes also gets launched into the sun, yes?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

maffew buildings posted:

I love my parents but holy loving poo poo I wish every boomer would drop loving dead now

I also love his mom but holy loving poo poo I with every boomer would drop loving dead now

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1192968030294364160?s=21

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Holy fuuuuuuuuck

For a sec i thought she was saying maga kin like some new weirder form of furry

Stravag fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 9, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I pray she isn't vaccinated

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Wingnut Ninja posted:

So this means anyone making millennial jokes also gets launched into the sun, yes?

No because no millennial is over the age of 40 so the ADEA doesn't apply.

Dumb millennial snowflake.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The ADEA doesn't even apply to ageism in that way.

It's for hiring, firing, and benefits purposes.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Vasudus posted:

The ADEA doesn't even apply to ageism in that way.

It's for hiring, firing, and benefits purposes.

Shame the odds of the decision being made by someone under 40 if it goes to court are slim tho.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

From the Amazon page, the blurb finally gets to the point in the last paragraph:

quote:

It’s time to recover a healthy American nationalism, and especially a cultural nationalism that insists on the assimilation of immigrants and that protects our history, civic rituals and traditions, which are under constant threat. At a time in which our nation is plagued by self-doubt and self-criticism, The Case for Nationalism offers a path for America to regain its national self-confidence and achieve continued greatness.

A review from DisneyDenizen, a "HALL OF FAME TOP 10 REVIEWER", includes:

quote:

I researched this information for two reasons:

- The title of this book and its cover screaming the word NATIONALISM made me think of Nazis. (In case you missed it, the “Na” part of “Nazis” stands for “National”.)
:eyepop:

I guess this review is listing the table of contents:

quote:

Great book. Here’s how it breaks down:
- America the Nation—The basic argument that America is and always has been a nation
- Love, Not Hate—nationalism, counter to what everyone says, is built on love of our own, our own people and culture
- The Smear against Nationalism—nationalism isn’t racist, militarist, or fascist
- The Exemplar of Israel—a moving tribute to the nation of Israel, ancient and modern
- Our English Forbears—how the nation of England arose and spawned America
- A Nation of Settlers—why the people who came here first were so important to our national identity
- Our Nationalist Revolution—the American Revolution was a great nationalist revolt
- A Continental Nation—how and why we settled the continent
- The Triumph of the Twentieth Century—we vindicate the national rights of peoples around the world
- The Treason of the Elites—how governmental, academic, and business elites have turned their back on the nation
- One Nation, One People—why our immigration policy makes no sense
- The Importance of Cultural Nationalism—how we save the nation only by saving its culture
By the end, Lowry is on fire. A must-read that is informative and persuasive.
:yikes:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao wow i didn't completely believe that "ok boomer" upset them so god drat much but now i guess i do

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Everyone of these sounds like a educational rap.

"I'm MagaChud128 and I'm here to say I hate black people in every way."

I shouldn't be surprised, but welp.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Fallom posted:

lmao wow i didn't completely believe that "ok boomer" upset them so god drat much but now i guess i do

The best part is on the internet (well, twitch) it grew out of gen Z making fun of millennials.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fallom posted:

There have been about 5 full page editorials about it in our news media, no joke

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12283710

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
The secret is that the boomers are the real snowflakes.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

The best part is on the internet (well, twitch) it grew out of gen Z making fun of millennials.

It's become the common reply to people who complain about little twerps being racists in games so it's not entirely beneficial.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

There have been about 5 full page editorials about it in our news media, no joke

Omg gently caress this person

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

ok boomer

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

"Well, seeing as we're making generalisations, allow me.

If I could've been born a boomer or a millennial, I'd have been born a boomer.

Because at least boomers know what hard work is, unlike my soft-handed, entitled and whingeing fellow millennials."

Yeah, the generation who has been working three minimum wage jobs to pay off a hundred thousand dollars in student loans because an entry level job requires years of job experience in their degree field doesn't know what hard work is. Who is this piece of poo poo?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

NPR's 1A did an entire show about it earlier in the week. There are some seriously butt-hurt people about it. Some of the guest commentary was mind blowingly un-self aware about where this sentiment is coming from.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Stop disrespecting your elders!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

A Bad Poster posted:

"Well, seeing as we're making generalisations, allow me.

If I could've been born a boomer or a millennial, I'd have been born a boomer.

Because at least boomers know what hard work is, unlike my soft-handed, entitled and whingeing fellow millennials."

Yeah, the generation who has been working three minimum wage jobs to pay off a hundred thousand dollars in student loans because an entry level job requires years of job experience in their degree field doesn't know what hard work is. Who is this piece of poo poo?

It's not physical labor like they did. Back breaking labor is the only real work duh

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'd like to point out she was born in 1985 and has worked as a journalist her whole life so it's a staggering level of self-own

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Holy gently caress dude, if there is such a thing as generational warfare then she’s a Quisling if ever there was one. From this 2014 article, it looks like she was born in 83 or 84 and is married to a dude who’s loving 33 years older than her:

quote:

She is taking up her One News post across the corridor from gallery veteran and husband of six years, Barry Soper. The couple married in Parliament's historic Grand Hall in 2009. She's his third wife and there's a 33-year age difference between them.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/news/article.cfm?c_id=466&objectid=11379585

ninja efb kinda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I'd like to point out she was born in 1985 and has worked as a journalist her whole life so it's a staggering level of self-own

This only proves that being a Boomer is truly a state of mind.