Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

so i’ve only tried waiting out the timefall once and got impatient immediately, but basically, does the rain always stop? how long have you had to wait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

elf help book posted:

Wind Farm: Jake Wind

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally got to start playing this and the cutscenes have all the free wheeling hallucinogenic camerawork that I thought MGSV was gonna have more of. weird sci fi ghouls and insane characters disappearing and zipping around out of frame without cuts...I love it

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
There's a really cool communal undercurrent to this game. Like hey do your bit and leave a ladder so someone can cross this river. Help this person out with their delivery. Help rebuild this infrastructure, many hands make for light work

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Heartman: Okay Sam give me your excrement samples so I can transmute the chiral energy.

Frank Relay: Sam, Heartman made new disc-based media ready for delivery. Check the nearest terminal.

Lol that trailer was so tight and the film... :negative:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Heartman: Okay Sam give me your excrement samples so I can transmute the chiral energy.

Frank Relay: Sam, Heartman made new disc-based media ready for delivery. Check the nearest terminal.

Lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
when a new interview from heartman comes in 😍

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/fred_delicious/status/1193265382104207360?s=21

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The opening of this game is a hell of ride

Mission 1: Hold L2 to Carry Items
Mission 2: Deliver Morphine to the President of the United States
Mission 3: Cremate Your Mother

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fred-Deliciousman
Poopoo peepee

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Thank you for putting the thing that happens 20 minutes into the game in spoiler tags.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No problem.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

Thank you for putting the thing that happens 20 minutes into the game in spoiler tags.

Holy gently caress you really do belong in Games

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

net cafe scandal posted:

Holy gently caress you really do belong in Games

a real oversight with this game: you dont get extra likes for doing sicknasty bmx tricks on your trike and invariably driving off a cliff, dooming the jizz bottles you have to "deliver"

United Cities of America? more like United Cities of Fuckin Nerds.

e: no it doesnt matter that the aforementioned sicknasty trick was done while i got disoriented and ended up further away from my destination, it still matters.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i cant play this for another week so i appreciate the spoiler tag even though its dumb for me to be reading this thread at all

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Imagining snake reacting to everything anyone says to Sam and nodding happily

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Neat

https://twitter.com/ludvig_forssell/status/1192986703662682112?s=21

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The licensed music that plays while you walk around is probably the only thing I don't like about the game but that's cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The licensed music that plays while you walk around is probably the only thing I don't like about the game but that's cool

I like it honestly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I like it honestly

The scoring during cutscenes is great but I'm just not that into the selections they made for the open world. But I'm also early, maybe I'll find some songs I like more later

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

The scoring during cutscenes is great but I'm just not that into the selections they made for the open world. But I'm also early, maybe I'll find some songs I like more later
https://twitter.com/futuremangaming/status/1193105000660111360?s=21

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lol

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

god drat i wish this game had MGSVs soundtrack now

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

American McGay posted:

a real oversight with this game: you dont get extra likes for doing sicknasty bmx tricks on your trike and invariably driving off a cliff, dooming the jizz bottles you have to "deliver"

United Cities of America? more like United Cities of Fuckin Nerds.

e: no it doesnt matter that the aforementioned sicknasty trick was done while i got disoriented and ended up further away from my destination, it still matters.

youre joking but an early mission actually is delivering sperm

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ann3pzXj_3s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

youre joking but an early mission actually is delivering sperm

It's a quote from the Games thread that he's been F5'ing nonstop since hte game came out.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

In Training posted:

It's a quote from the Games thread that he's been F5'ing nonstop since hte game came out.

He's sick, ill

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

yikes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mindbroke by kojima without even playing the game, quite sad

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

My completionist gamer brain has blocked my ability to advance in this game because I keep turning around to run back to Capital Knot city to deliver Nick's lost cargo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DOes anybody remember the main character's name in this game. It's been almost 5 minutes since someone said it and I'm starting to panic

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

DOes anybody remember the main character's name in this game. It's been almost 5 minutes since someone said it and I'm starting to panic

Fuckin' cottonmouth.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

He's sick, ill

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Just finished the first boss fight. This game is insane.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Over There posted:

Just finished the first boss fight. This game is insane.

I hadn’t even conceived there would be boss fights in this. I just kind of assumed I’d be carrying packages between cutscenes for sixty hours and I was ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Spoderman posted:

I hadn’t even conceived there would be boss fights in this. I just kind of assumed I’d be carrying packages between cutscenes for sixty hours and I was ok with that.

Maniac.