Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Heath posted:

Funny you leave out Wind Waker, the best Zelda with the worst overworld

The sailing is fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
can't remember if anyone made this yet and i'm not gonna start digging through the smiley page to check

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

KingSlime posted:

Soundtrack variety chat: this was much less jarring in the 2d days. Each track was a "vibe" and having the exact same theme for all dungeons, battles, towns, etc reinforced the contexts of each zone nicely. It paired well with the lo fi pixel art aesthetics.

It doesn't work as well when the game looks this gorgeous though

The soundtrack was so repetitive that for a long stretch of the game I just turned it off and played Debussy in Spotify as I went. It worked pretty well until I made my peace with the fact that the soundtrack is 75% scales.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Libluini posted:

I'll have to say, this Pokemón-discussion has been eye-opening. I would never have imagined that there could be some sort of digital zoo for your combat animals, for example.

Now I feel slightly bad because I'm emotionally incapable of caring for electronic animals enough to want to put them into storage for future use

This post made me curious to see the oldest 'mons I could dig up. I wasn't able to find my Red cart, but somehow my sister's Blue cart made its way into my possession. After cleaning out some exploded batteries, here's her Elite 4 team from circa 1999, when she was about 10 years old:

Charizard carrying the team. That's my Gold cart, but sadly it had no game saved on it. Dunno if I wiped it or if the internal battery died. I also found my old Yellow cart, but it just had ~4 hours of gameplay on it.

Punkreas
May 13, 2013

*chews on head*
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone playing Stretchers? My wife and I have found a few hidden golden presents so far... but don't know what to do with them. They don't get picked up by the stretcher like mission objects, nor will it go into the ambulance. Are we just finding them too soon, before the game lets us collect them?

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

ColdPie posted:

Charizard carrying the team. That's my Gold cart, but sadly it had no game saved on it. Dunno if I wiped it or if the internal battery died. I also found my old Yellow cart, but it just had ~4 hours of gameplay on it.

The internal clock on Gold and Silver apparently drained the internal battery in those games much faster than in other GB ones, so I think most of the carts are dead by now :(

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Ok so I reached B2 in Luigi’s Mansion 3...

Now this game is a 9/10 instead of 10/10 because of those loving duck floaties, gently caress that floor forever holy poo poo.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Calaveron posted:

Skyward Sword's overworld/dungeon cycles were pretty fun, the problem was the terrible motion controls

Give me skyward sword HD with awesome joycon controls with hd rumble Nintendo

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

ColdPie posted:

This post made me curious to see the oldest 'mons I could dig up. I wasn't able to find my Red cart, but somehow my sister's Blue cart made its way into my possession. After cleaning out some exploded batteries, here's her Elite 4 team from circa 1999, when she was about 10 years old:

I think my oldest is a team from my Emerald/Fire Red games circa 2005~2006 that I believe a fellow goon might still have the .pkm files when I used a DS flashcart to extract the saves.

Led by a Wartortle, Blaziken, and Chimecho. :( The Dexit thing isn't "I can't believe I can't have all 900 Pokemon!!" it's "My favorites are stuck in an app forever"

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I was really confused by all the Pokemon chat and then I realized it's because I treat Pokemon games as RPGs. There's no good reason why my Sword/Shield duder would have any connection with the other boys/girls from other regions, so why would he have their Pokemon? And then it's like "oh yeah most people don't do that" so I guess that makes sense? This whole thing 1000% doesn't matter to me but I guess I can sorta see why other people might be bothered.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Augus posted:

The low health sound in Luigi’s Mansion 3 was engineered in a lab by the world’s greatest scientists to be the most obnoxious thing possible

Someone hasn't played Yoshi's Island.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol at ever having low health in Luigi's Mansion 3.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

unimportantguy posted:

I was really confused by all the Pokemon chat and then I realized it's because I treat Pokemon games as RPGs. There's no good reason why my Sword/Shield duder would have any connection with the other boys/girls from other regions, so why would he have their Pokemon? And then it's like "oh yeah most people don't do that" so I guess that makes sense? This whole thing 1000% doesn't matter to me but I guess I can sorta see why other people might be bothered.

It's literally a bunch of people who don't know anything about game development assuming game freak is being lazy because they aren't doing what they think they should. There's a while slew of things that could point to laziness and the pokedex is not one of them.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I only played Pokémon red when I was a kid. There’s like a thousand Pokémon now? drat poo poo sounds stressful.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Social Animal posted:

I only played Pokémon red when I was a kid. There’s like a thousand Pokémon now? drat poo poo sounds stressful.
Well there's only 400 now. :qq:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
who cares if there are 1000 or 100 pokemon when there is only one who matters

klefki

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Your Computer posted:

:psyduck:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Your Computer posted:

klefki

To bad he was cut from Sword and Shield, huh

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snake Maze posted:

ah gently caress, i can't believe you've done this

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm really digging the demo for DQB2, does anyone know if I'm able to continue my game if I buy the full version or do I start from scratch?

Your Computer posted:

the one that looks like a bag of garbage

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hell, same

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

explosivo posted:

I'm really digging the demo for DQB2, does anyone know if I'm able to continue my game if I buy the full version or do I start from scratch?

You can continue from the demo.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Chronojam posted:

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/deals/

Didn't see this posted yet but a lot of games are on sale, including big first party titles. The times are changing.

Very very good, I was hoping Zelda would get a big cut, let’s see if any further deals pop up as we get closer to Black Friday. My dream right now is system+game at base price.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

No Mario kart sale? I was looking to finally grab it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My dream is world peace, but since that is unattainable I might as well wish for something equally unobtainable, so I wish for an official English localization of Mother 3 to be released and sold in English-speaking regions.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bushisms.txt posted:

No Mario kart sale? I was looking to finally grab it.

I think the last time it went on sale was 2018.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SeANMcBAY posted:

You can continue from the demo.

Yaaaay, thank you. I would've been bummed if I had to redo all the tutorials again.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

i only need three pokemon
Miltank
Shuckle
and Unfuckable Rhyperior

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junkie Disease posted:

i only need three pokemon
Miltank
Shuckle
and Unfuckable Rhyperior

Wait, does that mean you plan to gently caress Miltank and Shuckle?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Len posted:

*Two year old game

But hey you can change it to the DQ8 soundtrack to have slightly different bland music playing in the background!

what the hell the dq8 theme is fantastic

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, does that mean you plan to gently caress Miltank and Shuckle?

THEY DO WHAT THEY NEED

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Everyone knows you don't gently caress Rhyperior, Rhyperior fucks you.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

How are Graveyard Keeper and Prison Architect on Switch? I've had a hankering to play both and I'd rather play them both portable.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone posted the full pokemon exclusion list?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mr Phillby posted:

Who knew that adding a hundred new pokemon into every game would eventually make it unsustainable to include them all?

The problem is putting out a new pokemon every year

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

KingSlime posted:

On a lighter note: the stupid dq11 soundtrack is stuck in my head. All three tracks.

Watching Always Sunny after playing DQ always makes me do a double take

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

bowmore posted:

Loading this on a data plan stuck in safe mode probably made the joke a lot better than you were hoping for

Also as it turns out Taco Bell wifi blocks imgur for file sharing

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

What the gently caress, he seems like one of the only Pokémon that vaguely fits the sword/shield theme. He’s a metal klinky thing, he’s basically a shield.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Vegetable posted:

What the gently caress, he seems like one of the only Pokémon that vaguely fits the sword/shield theme. He’s a metal klinky thing, he’s basically a shield.

He didn't wanna go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

bowmore posted:

I was wondering why the order was so off.