Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pevin's just mad they're hitting back for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...obox=1572964457

a million spies have been dispatched to sleep with a million ethnic grandmas - radio free asia

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Grapplejack posted:

Pevin's just mad they're hitting back for once.

violence against property and/or police is never acceptable

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

GreyjoyBastard posted:

violence against property and/or police is never acceptable

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SCMPNews/status/1193057714215247873

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

HK people love talking, you’d think they be great at debating, yet both sides seem to fail at the comeback. Almost no talent whatsoever at spinning.

“backseat poster” posted:

That’s your “true story”, if the truth was that spontaneous patriotism was a guise behind which black hands were interfering in Hong Kong affairs and undermining “one country, two systems”, a true communist could not condone such action!of these alleged “victims”. Such a line of questioning challenges your support for social harmony and upsets the Chinese people. You should surrender your journalism credentials and spend retirement studying “Xi’s Thought.”

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
:newlol:

https://twitter.com/JuddApatow/status/1193072820785299456?s=19

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
insightful poo poo judd

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

pevan stan being horny on main

I genuinely don’t understand what this has to do with the tweet she quoted.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

America only started doing any bad things after being infected by the unscrupulous Chinese

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
chinese style communism has infected our capitalism!!!

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 23:12 on Nov 9, 2019

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

chud crapatow!!

or maybe judd kowtow??

either way he’s a hack fraud so lol

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
we're getting to the point where some chudling farmer in iowa's tractor won't start and people will blame china for it

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

we're getting to the point where some chudling farmer in iowa's tractor won't start and people will blame china for it

xi’s personal failure to buy patriotic american soybeans caused the tractors to sit still for too long, causing the engines to rust and seize up

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

they seem to be smart enough to blame john deere from what i've heard

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

"We're not in the truth to power business" is a good line. If the rest of Netflix' writing was that good I'd have a subscription.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
now that R. Guy is gone, is there anyone else around here considering doing an English translation of America vs America? I was really looking forward to that and the nearest copy of it to me is 500 mi away and you need special permission to view it

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Imagine being the admin that self-banned because you were worried about other goons' opinions. Just lol.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Fleetwood posted:

now that R. Guy is gone, is there anyone else around here considering doing an English translation of America vs America? I was really looking forward to that and the nearest copy of it to me is 500 mi away and you need special permission to view it

I wonder why the guy who couldn't read Chinese never got around to translating it.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
oh for whatever reason I thought he was fluent nvm

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkman Fanpage posted:

chinese style communism has infected our capitalism!!!

It’s hosed up

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Fleetwood posted:

oh for whatever reason I thought he was fluent nvm

ignore bloodnose, they're just nursing a grudge

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Autism Sneaks posted:

Grudge against people who can't read Chinese? That's every tankie in this thread.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I mean, he never once replied to the people who repeatedly asked him for months about the content of the book or what he thought of it, and never posted anything more than a few untranslated cellphone shots, so it's not hard to draw your own conclusions about RGuy's written Chinese fluency

I'm kind of curious to take a stab at it myself but even in China used copies are $150+

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Darkest Auer posted:

Grudge against people who can't read Chinese? That's every tankie in this thread.

lol go back to the GBS thread already you stupid white noise lib. I think I'm the only non-sycophant who doesn't have you on ignore just to see what new ways you find to roll around in your own proverbial poo poo

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/rhokilpatrick/status/1168461685570428928

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

That kid looks to be about 12 so I'm not going to judge him too harshly for a Harry Potter reference.

OTOH the day they day start citing Rick and Morty is the day the tanks should roll

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Autism Sneaks posted:

R. Guyovich posted:

i'm learning. not yet fluent

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
not mutually exclusive facts

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Whatever impression he ever gave of living and working in China and familiarity with China, he never actually claimed to be great at Chinese or well integrated into the society. He wasn't a liar. He was just wrong about stuff all the time. I wish him well. I'm sure he'll get less wrong once he learns the language and is actually able to communicate and meaningfully interact with people.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Known Lecher posted:

I mean, he never once replied to the people who repeatedly asked him for months about the content of the book or what he thought of it, and never posted anything more than a few untranslated cellphone shots, so it's not hard to draw your own conclusions about RGuy's written Chinese fluency

I'm kind of curious to take a stab at it myself but even in China used copies are $150+

What book are you guys tslking about, surely there is an ebook version?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

美国反对美国 by Wang Huning. It was published in the 80s so there might be a pirate PDF floating around, I just haven't bothered to look because :effort:

Stocking
Jul 24, 2007

Bloodnose posted:

Whatever impression he ever gave of living and working in China and familiarity with China, he never actually claimed to be great at Chinese or well integrated into the society. He wasn't a liar. He was just wrong about stuff all the time. I wish him well. I'm sure he'll get less wrong once he learns the language and is actually able to communicate and meaningfully interact with people.

Lol my Chinese ain't great either but my English good enough to know that you're a moron in every language

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003
There's a PDF and allegedly hand-corrected OCR on Github. Hopefully the hand-correction of the Mandarin is better than that of the occasional English cites, but it's too dense for me to tell.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Known Lecher posted:

美国反对美国 by Wang Huning. It was published in the 80s so there might be a pirate PDF floating around, I just haven't bothered to look because :effort:

Literally the first page of google, although obviously there is no hope of understanding it without a Chinese-illiterate genocide explainer to assist with the translation.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Known Lecher posted:

https://github.com/zealotCE/AmericaOpposeAmerica

I have been using Amazon Polly to convert ebook into audio for books not on aduible. Now I just need to find a good chinese text2speech service so I can give this book a try.

I mean this was a snapshot of American in the 80s, I don't see how relevant it is 40 years later.

edit:

Holy poo poo there is already an audiobook version online
https://www.ximalaya.com/renwen/6090917/

whatever7 has issued a correction as of 13:37 on Nov 10, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

whatever7 posted:

https://github.com/zealotCE/AmericaOpposeAmerica

I have been using Amazon Polly to convert ebook into audio for books not on aduible. Now I just need to find a good chinese text2speech service so I can give this book a try.

I mean this was a snapshot of American in the 80s, I don't see how relevant it is 40 years later.

You'd be surprised. Outsider perspectives can be very valuable in any case.

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Yeah, I can get a physical copy, though it might take some time. Then at least I can see if it matches the text on the Github link.

If there was enough interest, we could try and translate a few chapters? Or maybe have an annotated read-through. It might make an interesting project.

edit: The waiting list is terrible, never mind

Kangxi has issued a correction as of 14:12 on Nov 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is so stupid. The google store version of Himalaya doesn't show me this book. There are plenty of 美国 related chinese book under that search just not that book. I have to install the Chinese version of Himalaya on its website to get access to that book. I will report back when I am done.