Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

Vegetable posted:

What the gently caress, he seems like one of the only Pokémon that vaguely fits the sword/shield theme. He’s a metal klinky thing, he’s basically a shield.

too cold in galar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

Has anyone posted the full pokemon exclusion list?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

bowmore posted:

Gen 2 breeding was complicated, needing compatible IVs and whatnot.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm the faceless one with an egg inside an egg

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bowmore posted:

I hear that Dexit is often harder on the male pokebattlers...

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vegetable posted:

I'm the faceless one with an egg inside an egg

It's called yolk.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

None of those are eggs

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And psyduck is a platypus

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I know it becomes a coconut tree but you sure as gently caress are not convincing me those are not an assortment of eggs

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Your Computer posted:

who cares if there are 1000 or 100 pokemon when there is only one who matters

klefki

Oh finally someone else who thinks the same thing; man I was thinking that I wanted a Klefki keychain, but on further reflection I realized that I wouldn't actually like the form factor of it, and what I'd actually like is an actual Klefki that follows me around and aggressively protects my keys and valuables.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

DanZX posted:

Ok so I reached B2 in Luigi’s Mansion 3...

Now this game is a 9/10 instead of 10/10 because of those loving duck floaties, gently caress that floor forever holy poo poo.

I think having spikes in the boss fight 'arena' was bullshit, but otherwise I liked the mechanic :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vegetable posted:

I know it becomes a coconut tree but you sure as gently caress are not convincing me those are not an assortment of eggs

I mean it's literally called the Egg Pokemon.

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Nuts and Gum posted:

I think having spikes in the boss fight 'arena' was bullshit, but otherwise I liked the mechanic :)

I was fine with the mechanic ‘til the aforementioned spikes became part of the equation

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

bowmore posted:

lmao

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

super lucky's tale is a thing now on switch -- I forgot about that.

and ho ho ho...there's a demo!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

What time of day does a game that comes out on (FOR EXAMPLE) 11/11 become available for purchase/download/whatever on the eShop? Or is it kind of "We don't know! Whenev!"

snograt
Jul 18, 2013

rattus rattus
senile old twattus

bowmore posted:

The loss is bigger than I thought.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

The problem is putting out a new pokemon every year

i can't tell what level of irony this is on but they only make new pokemon every 3-4 years

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Super No Vacancy posted:

i can't tell what level of irony this is on but they only make new pokemon every 3-4 years

If you mean a generation, then yes. But in terms of games, they pump at least one out almost every year with basically no breaks.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i mean literal new pokemons

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Araxxor posted:

If you mean a generation, then yes. But in terms of games, they pump at least one out almost every year with basically no breaks.

Or seven breaks.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They moved from a 24-month release cycle to an 18-month one and eventually to a 12-month one.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm a few floors from the last one in LM3 and just have to say:

Nintendo needs to stop doing water levels.
And padding games out with pointless backtracking sucks. It doesn't add any enjoyment to the game, just time.

Other than that, this game is great.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bowmore posted:

Holy poo poo lol the dropped egg

ColdPie posted:

This post made me curious to see the oldest 'mons I could dig up. I wasn't able to find my Red cart, but somehow my sister's Blue cart made its way into my possession. After cleaning out some exploded batteries, here's her Elite 4 team from circa 1999, when she was about 10 years old:

Charizard carrying the team. That's my Gold cart, but sadly it had no game saved on it. Dunno if I wiped it or if the internal battery died. I also found my old Yellow cart, but it just had ~4 hours of gameplay on it.

You can't transfer past Gold, anything from Red/Blue can only go to Gold and that's it. That's why they remade all the GB games (Well that and money)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You can't transfer past Gold, anything from Red/Blue can only go to Gold and that's it. That's why they remade all the GB games (Well that and money)
You can transfer from the 3DS Virtual Console version of Gold (and Red and Blue!) to one of the proper 3DS games using the Poke Transporter app. Not the same thing, of course, but still kinda neat.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pokemon should just phase out all the base pomemon because thats how evolution works

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

alf_pogs posted:

pokemon should just phase out all the base pomemon because thats how evolution works

drat.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Apparently the new game won't let you turn off exp share like past games for some butt reason. Also in the same interview "no we're never doing the full dex thing again" got repeated.

Translation via reddit

alf_pogs posted:

What would happen to the baby pokemon though..........

E: Actually did they give up on that concept entirely? Last one I can think of is Riolu

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why would you ever not want exp share? Like this is not a rude thing, I mean that genuinely.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Aw gently caress...more backtracking. Sigh.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Barudak posted:

Why would you ever not want exp share? Like this is not a rude thing, I mean that genuinely.

It overlevels you a lot and turns the difficulty from very easy but still fun to faceroll easy.

It's possible that they will balance the level curve around it now but I doubt that.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

that super lucky fox platforming game ‘s demo was very short but if the price is right Im curious

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The Exp Share also shares effort points, which can screw with your ability to train up specific stats since there's a hard cap on how many points can be accumulated in total.

Something that less than 1% of players will ever care about, but still.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Waltzing Along posted:

Aw gently caress...more backtracking. Sigh.

you can access your pc from anywhere and can deposit/withdraw/transfer pokemon from everywhere

so if you need to not have exp share on you can just manage your exact party makeup whenever and deal with that that way

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

that super lucky fox platforming game ‘s demo was very short but if the price is right Im curious

It was on Gamepass for and its pretty fun but missing the polish and mechanics to make it truly special. The DLC included with the switch version helps a lot and is like 1/5th game and extremely noticeable in the base game that it was missing.

Id say 20 us dollars is a fair price, 25 if you love platformers

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

flatluigi posted:

you can access your pc from anywhere and can deposit/withdraw/transfer pokemon from everywhere

so if you need to not have exp share on you can just manage your exact party makeup whenever and deal with that that way

Yeah, but that stupid polterkitty. I already got her once. Why the gently caress do I have to do it again other than to add more time to the game for no narrative or gameplay reason.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, but that stupid polterkitty. I already got her once. Why the gently caress do I have to do it again other than to add more time to the game for no narrative or gameplay reason.

It's cool the first time but yeah the second time feels really tacked on.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

bushisms.txt posted:

No Mario kart sale? I was looking to finally grab it.

Same. I just want it digitally, in Canada, for less than $79.99 :negative:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

If evolution was real, why are there still pichus?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Inferior Third Season posted:

If evolution was real, why are there still pichus?!?

Fossil pokemon were placed here by Giratina to deceive us