Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Hana Kimura is on Terrace House this season in Tokyo and although it might be a couple months before it gets put up on Netflix internationally, just wanted to say it's 200% worth watching for her alone because she's adorably naive and can't hide her interest/crushes on people at all

I love Terrace House and I love seeing pro wrestling people interact with the rest of the world so this is a dream come true for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

There's a fansub group that releases Terrace House. I'm not sure if they're current or not.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

welp, time to get WRESTLING WASTED this saturday:

https://twitter.com/ProWrestlingEVE/status/1192895260898279427

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Going to Gatoh Move on Sunday and Emi Sakura will be jn the USA and Mei Suruga and Lulu Pencil will be in the UK. No idea who will actually be running things.

TWO HOURS OF UNCLE ANTONIO HONDA’S FUN TIMES

They should do a 60-min Ironman match between Makoto and Mizumori.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

By the way anyone coming to Japan for New Year's and wanting to go to Gatoh Move, the schedule is up for that week and they are accepting ticket reservations right now. (Emi literally just replied to me which I guess is great customer service because I wouldn't blame her for being busy right now)

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

By the way anyone coming to Japan for New Year's and wanting to go to Gatoh Move, the schedule is up for that week and they are accepting ticket reservations right now. (Emi literally just replied to me which I guess is great customer service because I wouldn't blame her for being busy right now)

I'm going to the show on the 6th! Never been to Gatoh Move or even watched a full show before but they never come to Osaka and I couldn't pass up a chance to see them at the infamous Chocolate Square either way.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm doing the one on the 1st which might be a little tiring after flying in the day before and doing the tag shuffle but the person I'm going to the tag shuffle with doesn't drink so I won't either meaning I at least won't have to contend with a hangover.

We considered the 6th too but we've got NJPW tickets and getting from Ichigaya over to Ota in time would be the real New Year's Dash.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
so Mei Suruga is in the UK now for the EVE SHE-1 tournament (round robin; she's currently 1-1 with a loss to Rhia O'Reilly and a win in a great match over Jetta, eliminated since Rhia also beat Jazz so even if she loses to Jetta tomorrow she's two ahead of both people she has a win over so she's one of the three finalists) and her and Lulu Pencil (who made shirts!) sold most of the merch they brought with them after show 1 of 4 - and considering both had to go get more shirts this wasn't the old Hana Kimura "bring three shirts to sell" thing. I also know that there are people in discussions about trying to put together a Gatoh Move UK show and based on that demand for people who aren't UK regulars - and in one case isn't even on the card! - I imagine that it'd do pretty loving well.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Gatoh Move owned today despite Emi, Mei and Lulu being Missing. RinRin is probably the most talented of the new rookies despite being a kid (which I guess isn't surprising given Emi trained Riho) and kept making TAMURA from Heat Up dance terribly. Yuna Mizumori vs. Hagane Shinnou was probably the stiffest match to ever happen in Ichigaya Chocolate Square. They beat the poo poo out of each other.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

lulu got a shoutout during fullgear

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
is the dingyness of Ichigaya Chocolate Square a feature and not a bug? Honest question. I love it.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/anth765/status/1193612611033718789?s=21

From EVE tonight; I’m here live. Almost cried during the match it ruled

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

is the dingyness of Ichigaya Chocolate Square a feature and not a bug? Honest question. I love it.

There's a hole in the ceiling that was put there very recently and they seem proud of it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/crushTKB/status/1193744127134842882?s=19

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/1193900595180195843?s=20
https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/1193901648713863169?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IWGP sanctioning the stardom belts would be cool. But then they'd have to explain who exactly the IWGP sanctioning body is.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

iirc it's Dean Malenko, Arn Anderson, and Keiji Mutoh

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kagetsu and Arn bonding over their love of sweaters is a thing that needs to happen.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

IWGP sanctioning the stardom belts would be cool. But then they'd have to explain who exactly the IWGP sanctioning body is.

A little of the IWGP sanctioning body is inside of each and every one of us.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It would actually improve the kayfabe if the IWGP sanctioned titles across more than one promotion.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

IceAgeComing posted:

Main event should be murderous: Nakajima and Takahashi are the top two people in SEAdLINNNG (admittedly: a roster of 3), they both are faction leaders in the new faction war thing they're doing and the Hair stip should add even more to the fire of this match.

So, rolling in from the MOTY thread, can I request an effort post on the build to this? I figured from the pre-match recap it was just RESPECT but then Nakajima was the one that put on the hair stip as champion, so now I'm wondering what I missed.

That match was murder central tho, gently caress.

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 12, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/sg_oxxt/status/1194126271631900672?s=19

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Gaz-L posted:

It would actually improve the kayfabe if the IWGP sanctioned titles across more than one promotion.

I remember "original creator" Hajime Yatate from Sunrise animation studios.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

great match can't wait to never get to see it

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Mayu in the match means Stardom will probably have the rights to put it on Stardom World like her Marvelous match against Iroha.

Speaking of Stardom, the situation with Giulia has been resolved. Bushiroad bought out her contract with Ice Ribbon and Rossy Ogawa has issued an apology for the way he initially tried to sign her. She'll be a Stardom wrestler going forward.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Is she gonna be a cop and join QQ?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

She posed with them at the show she first showed up at but I guess Riho also did that and then didn't join them.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Will Rossy or Stardom experience any repercussions, from the other joshi promotions, for the Giulia situation at all?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Don't know that the other joshi promotions are in a position to impose any repercussions on them? like NOAH can't do anything about the Bullet Club becoming an ex-NOAH guys stable

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don't know how things work in Japan but couldn't other Joshi promotions not use Stardom Wrestlers or not allow their wrestlers to show up on their shows? Is that even a thing that happens?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Stardom was already pretty isolationist outside of like a couple Mayu appearances elsewhere, I think. Rossy is more interested in bringing in gaijin than working with other companies. Now that it's owned by Bushiroad it will probably mirror New Japan in that they will focus on overseas fans where smaller companies focus on interpromotional stuff, which isn't really a shift.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Japanese feds aren't really as predatory as US or MX feds. I think it comes from the fact they all run the same buildings. Most of the chest puffing statements in the press are dressing for shows.

The Giulia situation was a bit different because she was an employee to the parent company of the joshi fed(and I think she had actual responsibilities). There's an employee separation process that Rossy ignored.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

The only (Japanese) outside dates Stardom talent are working this year is Hana and Jungle Working the YMZ Korakuen Show (YMZ being owned by Kaori Yoneyama, there’s an obvious connection there); Utami wrestling Maika on a JTO Show (don’t know if TAKA has ever worked with them before but he’s the sort of person that Stardom will sometimes randomly work with) and Mayu wrestling on the Sareee produce show which is the sort of random one. It’s all one offs and produce shows, not really anything substantive.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

coconono posted:

Japanese feds aren't really as predatory as US or MX feds. I think it comes from the fact they all run the same buildings. Most of the chest puffing statements in the press are dressing for shows.

As a side effect this also allowed for the hilariously petty TJPW/Actwres Girlz feud where they each kept reporting their attendance numbers for a given building as the other fed's last number plus one

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Yapi/status/1195200122809765889?s=19

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Japanese contracts are more like a handshakedeal, especially in smaller promotions. There's no 30 day non compete clauses or anything like that that outwardly stops anyone from defecting to another company whenever they feel like it, it just really doesn't happen in Japan period.

Just seems to me like Rossy is getting WWE Style aggressive in this scenario. He stumbled upon someone who he could sweep up and there's really nothing anyone could do about it. He offered her more money and a bigger platform and she took it because if you're a young talent in that scenario there's no reason not to.

Stardom hasn't been the most ethical company regardless for a dozen different reasons, from their exploitative photo books, having Kris Wolf do a majority of the legwork FOR those photobooks then releasing her because she was a foreigner and never paying her well to begin with, and all the way back to the ACT/Yoshiko shoot fight that should've never happened

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

In this situation, Giulia did have a contract though, which is why Bushiroad had to smooth over the situation and Kidani publicly rebuked Rossy. I don't know if that's a Giulia thing or an Ice Ribbon thing.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/seadlinnng_hono/status/1197118507529322497?s=21

SEAdLINNNG’s single (known) trainee Honori Hideshima passed her pro test recently and will debut on SEAdLINNNG’s Korakuen Hall Show on the 23rd December. She’s been training for 18 months and failed a first attempt eight months ago, and actually wrestled retired wrestler (and High Speed Referee) Natsuki Taiyo in a dark three minute exhibition match in May.

This increases the core signed SEAd roster from three people to four - five if you include Taiyo but she’s a referee (and assume other behind the scenes stuff) so I wouldn’t.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

In completely out of the left field news, Mayumi Ozaki and Yuko Miyamoto are dating

https://twitter.com/Ozaki_Mayumi/status/1197897381469020161?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

In completely out of the left field news, Mayumi Ozaki and Yuko Miyamoto are dating

https://twitter.com/Ozaki_Mayumi/status/1197897381469020161?s=19

well that's just slashfic fodder if I've ever seen anything.

I hope they're happy and do neat things together.