Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

...so I just got around to this week's podcast, and Woolie thinks that his insane 90-minute monologues about fighting game minutiae are dumbed-down and accessible to a general audience? Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wowwwww I hit the end of the podcast and the music started playing and I was like "huh, this is pretty rad music" and then tidbits of Weight of the World started kicking in and I got god damned CHILLS

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

It’s pretty hard to do 24-man raid mechanics while crying, I tell you what.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
In today's indivisible episode woolie tests out what the electric props do (they electrocute you duh) and his immediate response is "okay BUT you can stand on them!" And I'm just like "ohhhh noooo woolie is meeee", he's totally going to mash his face into a bunch of impossible things to try and get stuff early instead of wait until he has the proper new moves for them

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Captain Invictus posted:

In today's indivisible episode woolie tests out what the electric props do (they electrocute you duh) and his immediate response is "okay BUT you can stand on them!" And I'm just like "ohhhh noooo woolie is meeee", he's totally going to mash his face into a bunch of impossible things to try and get stuff early instead of wait until he has the proper new moves for them

Therein lies Woolie's playtester power: Exterior Collisions 2.0: Mash Face Into Everything

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The problem with that as shown in the latest episode is there are a lot that you will just fall multiple minutes down the area and have to climb back up. Like mount sumeru, the outside climb can send you a significant way back down if you gently caress up a jump.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Watching Liam do the first boss fight in Death Stranding and then Pat do it is some real Goofus and Gallant poo poo

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

Watching Liam do the first boss fight in Death Stranding and then Pat do it is some real Goofus and Gallant poo poo

Now we need a Woolie and Matt get in to Dark Souls 2 style video of it!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh Jesus Christ. I’m getting a loving liberal arts degree via proxy just listening about Death Stranding.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 12, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah it rules

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This height chat in the end of the podcast is legendary

"I wanna roll over in bed towards my woman and hear shadow of the colossus music start playing" is one of the funniest things woolie has ever said

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I too vye for a woman taller than my 6'2 self one day. Only my proactivity in life shall accomplish this!

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I too vye for a woman taller than my 6'2 self one day. Only my proactivity in life shall accomplish this!

Perhaps you could shrink as an alternative?

Pat on this week's podcast....
Woolie: You have to chug like, three monsters.
Pat: THAT WOULD KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Pat on previous SBFCs.....
Pat: Guys can we take an hour break or so? I finished my Red Bull and I drank the other two before the podcast. I need to go buy another one or two to finish recording.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

MaxDuo posted:

Perhaps you could shrink as an alternative?

Pat on this week's podcast....
Woolie: You have to chug like, three monsters.
Pat: THAT WOULD KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Also Pat on previous SBFCs.....
Pat: Guys can we take an hour break or so? I finished my Red Bull and I drank the other two before the podcast. I need to go buy another one or two to finish recording.

Yeah but those are red bulls. Totally different. (There's a reason Pat is slowly melting and shrinking even more)

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I like how a lot of things Pat says about Death Stranding, some of it definitively, changes later in the game.

He'd know better if he didn't waste so much time on side quests that don't stop generating as far as I can tell, while being aware of the "rush to chapter 3" tip.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
It hasn't even been a year since the breakup but I keep finding myself missing them. I just am not as pulled into their content away from each other as I was when they were together. I keep hoping that one day the band will get back together but I know that possibility is low. Still, sad feelings for your girl.

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.

Spikegal posted:

It hasn't even been a year since the breakup but I keep finding myself missing them. I just am not as pulled into their content away from each other as I was when they were together. I keep hoping that one day the band will get back together but I know that possibility is low. Still, sad feelings for your girl.

What also sucks is there really isn't anything around now that's like the SBFP guys were at their prime. I like Vinny from Vinesauce but he's just one dude and doesn't have the same energy.

I bailed on these guys back around episode 3-4 of CSB. I popped back in to see how things were going and I really don't have much good to say. Liam vanished off my radar completely, Matt seems to be doing okay but none of the scripted stuff appeals to me, Woolie seems adamant to plow his little ship through the storm and if you suggest he changes course you get a "this is MY channel" response, and Pat has tunneled so far up his own rear end that he's got discarded cans of Red Bull lodged in his lower intestines.

Hell, I tried to watch Pat's play-through of VtM: Bloodlines (a game I love) and holy poo poo it was like watching someone slowly pass out on Xanax. For a man with more caffeine than blood cells in his veins you'd think he would be a LITTLE more engaging. Also I know people joke about it but I'm kinda legit worried the dude is going to up and die in the next 5 years. No man should be shaped like a bowling ball.

Maybe the podcast is better now. Is there any episode of CSB anyone suggest I check out? I'm willing to try again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The latest one is pretty great.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

It also depends heavily on what content you enjoy. I find the fighting game stuff tedious and end up forwarding through that, ditto on the long Jojo rants that were around a few months ago. It definitely feels like something that having three or four people on a podcast helps with a lot because it would give a mediator for massive arguments or rants when they happened. I wonder if the infamous Indivisible argument that happened recently would've been stemmed if it were the old full crew.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

HoboTech posted:

What also sucks is there really isn't anything around now that's like the SBFP guys were at their prime. I like Vinny from Vinesauce but he's just one dude and doesn't have the same energy.

I bailed on these guys back around episode 3-4 of CSB. I popped back in to see how things were going and I really don't have much good to say. Liam vanished off my radar completely, Matt seems to be doing okay but none of the scripted stuff appeals to me, Woolie seems adamant to plow his little ship through the storm and if you suggest he changes course you get a "this is MY channel" response, and Pat has tunneled so far up his own rear end that he's got discarded cans of Red Bull lodged in his lower intestines.

Hell, I tried to watch Pat's play-through of VtM: Bloodlines (a game I love) and holy poo poo it was like watching someone slowly pass out on Xanax. For a man with more caffeine than blood cells in his veins you'd think he would be a LITTLE more engaging. Also I know people joke about it but I'm kinda legit worried the dude is going to up and die in the next 5 years. No man should be shaped like a bowling ball.

Maybe the podcast is better now. Is there any episode of CSB anyone suggest I check out? I'm willing to try again.

I really enjoyed Bloodlines, but I had completely forgotten about Chinatown and that sewer level.

Blorknorg posted:

It also depends heavily on what content you enjoy. I find the fighting game stuff tedious and end up forwarding through that, ditto on the long Jojo rants that were around a few months ago. It definitely feels like something that having three or four people on a podcast helps with a lot because it would give a mediator for massive arguments or rants when they happened. I wonder if the infamous Indivisible argument that happened recently would've been stemmed if it were the old full crew.

I do enjoy it, but it was better when it had more regular people and guests too!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I really enjoyed Bloodlines, but I had completely forgotten about Chinatown and that sewer level.

It's pretty easy to see when Troika ran out of money.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

HoboTech posted:

Woolie seems adamant to plow his little ship through the storm and if you suggest he changes course you get a "this is MY channel" response

He's currently polling people about his channel, so he must be second-guessing his approach to some degree:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyOJzQzyDGihKpTO3-zyhYg/community?lb=Ugz9xxLLLDFdg6aqLCR4AaABCQ

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Nov 14, 2019

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He's currently polling people about his channel, so he must be second-guessing his approach to some degree:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyOJzQzyDGihKpTO3-zyhYg/community?lb=Ugz9xxLLLDFdg6aqLCR4AaABCQ

"Daily LP videos" is winning which is easily the worst content on his channel so

that bodes wel

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Good thing he did cause we good fans have good taste

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
"In destroyed Neo-America, cum is at a premium" is some hardcore, old-times energy.

Also kinda wanna play Death Stranding now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Liam's starter selection process for Shield was pretty strong.

Liam streams are pretty comfort watch-y, I should put them on more often for BG noise and poo poo.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you can really feel woolie's love for comboing poo poo in the Indivisible videos, in or out of combat.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
In relation to his recent poll, Woolie has posted this video about his ongoing plans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbW0R7e8DcQ

Main points:
-He'll be streaming more of his stuff, before also uploading it to YT.
-Moving GIFG later in the week so it doesn't clash with the podcast so much.
-More consistency with the Saturday night streams, shift to small fun jump-in MP games (and away from long SP games)

Just in general, he's planning on a stricter schedule, and more stuff for people looking at the channel for the first time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
woolie is weirdly obstinate about opening a patreon as a tip jar, instead opting for a twitch tip thing. is there something I don't know about patreon's thing, would it prevent him from doing certain things, or is he just being a stubborn blockhead about it? I'd gladly drop 5 bucks a month on a woolie patreon to help free him up from trying to make as much from youtube/streaming as possible, but I don't do twitch subscriptions really.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

People seemed to be really into making them in general, why was there never a compilation for the Pokemon Nuzlocke?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He probably thinks that opening a patreon will force him to have to directly cater to his audience and/or inflexibly maintain a certain schedule, and it'll certainly open him up to more pointed criticism from people who feel entitled to complain about whatever because they're paying money for it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He probably thinks that opening a patreon will force him to have to directly cater to his audience and/or inflexibly maintain a certain schedule, and it'll certainly open him up to more pointed criticism from people who feel entitled to complain about whatever because they're paying money for it.
which, again for the thousandth time, is why he can just do the tip jar method that many other creators have where they just say "this is a patreon working as a tip jar that says you appreciate my work and want me to continue doing things my way rather than follow the demands of my supporters"

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
woolie's entire personality is about taking the longest road to get to the same destination

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Marin Karin posted:

woolie's entire personality is about taking the longest road to get to the same destination

Don't worry, I plan on winning the lottery then giving him and Pat a briefcase full of cash, there's absolutely no flaws with this plan.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Captain Invictus posted:

which, again for the thousandth time, is why he can just do the tip jar method that many other creators have where they just say "this is a patreon working as a tip jar that says you appreciate my work and want me to continue doing things my way rather than follow the demands of my supporters"

He doesn't even want to push the tip jar, he's not going to do patreon unless it's absolutely necessary and all other options have been exhausted (and if he actually sticks to the streaming schedule he announced, the tip jar has the potential to do fine for him).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
*Says poll had over 20,000 people*

"I just don't see it, guys"

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I missed the poll. Was there an option that was just "More Kirby Lore"?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MelvinBison posted:

I missed the poll. Was there an option that was just "More Kirby Lore"?

yep, with a few other examples of things people might want similar to it. basically "long form, highly edited not-necessarily-gameplay content"

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
Bring back Scrublords and/or Saltybet Gambling With Bisonland Dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
This Dogs vs Droids bit in the podcast is the best.