Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'm on me phone and it won't let me save, anyone able to extract the gif?

E: The InterCity 125 (originally Inter-City 125, or High Speed Train) is a diesel-powered passenger train built by British Rail Engineering Limited between 1975 and 1982. Each trainset is made up of two Class 43 power cars, one at each end and six to nine Mark 3 carriages. The name is derived from its top operational speed of 125 mph (201 km/h). Initially the sets were classified as Classes 253 and 254.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Laying a wreath = 0 respects
Getting shitfaced all day in a local bar = at least 12 respects

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I'm on me phone and it won't let me save, anyone able to extract the gif?

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/EJAhYIyXsAIzQP0.mp4

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Lmao boy george tried to get in on the doxxing and harassing of an irish lassie doing praxis, check the replies

https://twitter.com/BoyGeorge/status/1192883669884719104?s=19

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I thought boy George was dead, unfortunate seeming it sounds like he’s turned into another decrepit piece of senile white poo poo. His music was loving trash anyway.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Angepain posted:

the tweet-news-stories bot is gaining sentience and beginning to philosophise

NewsBot has previously surmised that registering to vote is something that happens to different humans at different ages, much like puberty. But why are people registering to vote at a younger age? Could it be hormonal? Is it related to sexual maturity? Is there something in the water turning young people into gay frogs? And what are gay frogs?

We just don't know.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Remember when boy George got done for kidnapping someone and holding them as a sex slave? Good times. At least he didn't get hired to do a bunch of TV work after.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure it's scandalous for an Irish person to dislike the queen tbh. It's kind of the reason for ireland.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Don’t forget he beat them with a metal chain to within an inch of their life tied to a radiator..

Do you really want to hurt me?

“Yes”

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Boyne George.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Poppy chat:
There was a remembrance day ceremony at the top of town today. Went out just now and surprised at how FEW poppies there are around. Lots of people with no poppy. Am I wrong in thinking the whole poppy thing was much more low key this year?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Poppy chat:
There was a remembrance day ceremony at the top of town today. Went out just now and surprised at how FEW poppies there are around. Lots of people with no poppy. Am I wrong in thinking the whole poppy thing was much more low key this year?
Seems quite a few people said that 2014-2018 was the centenary and that was important but afterwards not so much, like a clean break with tradition.

At the other end someone hired the Luftwaffe to drop an imitation poppy bomb, which 10 years ago would be something Chris Morris would pretend to do and the Daily Mail would call him disgraceful, so it seems the War Christmas squad are having an extremely normal one and that's put me off a bit.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Seems quite a few people said that 2014-2018 was the centenary and that was important but afterwards not so much, like a clean break with tradition.

At the other end someone hired the Luftwaffe to drop an imitation poppy bomb, which 10 years ago would be something Chris Morris would pretend to do and the Daily Mail would call him disgraceful, so it seems the War Christmas squad are having an extremely normal one and that's put me off a bit.

Centenary: that makes sense.

Luftwaffe: why would anyone think that is a good thing to do? (Rhetorical question)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Classic_picx/status/1193087422210412544

One for the oldies in the thread, probably.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Again I'm pretty sure that's a drop tank so the plane can fly further, not a poppy bomb, so it's just a luftwaffe poppy plane.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I find it really sad that this is being trumpeted as some stunning piece of journalism. Yeah, compared to the normal level we get it's pretty great. But "you've given your opponents figures, where the gently caress are yours?" feels kind of like the bare minimum that an interviewer should be doing.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Excuse me they were in Dusseldorf

Also what the hell is the context for the Poppy Luftwaffe?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Again I'm pretty sure that's a drop tank so the plane can fly further, not a poppy bomb, so it's just a luftwaffe poppy plane.

It’s a dump Canister, it drops poppies but doesn’t detach like a conventional bomb. They’ve used them in Lancaster’s and poo poo in the past.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Diet Crack posted:

It’s a dump Canister, it drops poppies but doesn’t detach like a conventional bomb. They’ve used them in Lancaster’s and poo poo in the past.
It still looks like a Luftwaffe plane carrying a big bomb covered in poppies, so the optics are a bit terrible.

I think this is mostly because everyone involved is dead now and we're left with a bunch of people convinced that they fought on the beaches despite being born in 1946. If you'd asked someone who actually spent half the war up on a factory roof with a tin hat and a bucket of sand what the optics of that stunt look like they'd say "what the balls are you thinking?"

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

This captured how our area was back then.
There as no jobs so everyone was loving off to europe or the US to work illegally.
My fathers and uncles worked in New York for a few years back then. Dad loved this show.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

It still looks like a Luftwaffe plane carrying a big bomb covered in poppies, so the optics are a bit terrible.

I think this is mostly because everyone involved is dead now and we're left with a bunch of people convinced that they fought on the beaches despite being born in 1946. If you'd asked someone who actually spent half the war up on a factory roof with a tin hat and a bucket of sand what the optics of that stunt look like they'd say "what the balls are you thinking?"

Yeah it is pretty loving stupid, doubly so being a German recon plane.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think I've just realized what the poppy crystal maze cage and the poppy Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe and the poppy bollards and the poppy football mascot remind me of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcHaQYypowA

Like it's no longer about paying respects in silence at the village hall and the Scouts dipping the flag and the old vicar being wheeled out to say a few lines about people from the area and war and peace. It's about showing everyone else how much respect you're paying look at all these respects *hammers F furiously*

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Lest we fervour.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

:)

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

So many British men were working as labourers etc in Germany and the Middle East back then!

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
On Remembrance Day if it’s German it can gently caress off. Yes that includes the queen don’t even ask

Tories delenda est

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Is it me, or has Labour taken a bit of a backseat on the air war the last few days? I recall their promises on maternity leave and SureStart but nobody has really been hammering them in interviews, I haven't seen any 'big hitters' put up this weekend, they've just been responding to Tory claims of overspending.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The express needs to step up its game, the colonies are winning.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Welcome... to Pervert Park.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Fantastic, any chance of either

1) converting it to .gif

2) adding a banging dubstep internationale in the background to justify using mp4?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jabby posted:

Is it me, or has Labour taken a bit of a backseat on the air war the last few days? I recall their promises on maternity leave and SureStart but nobody has really been hammering them in interviews, I haven't seen any 'big hitters' put up this weekend, they've just been responding to Tory claims of overspending.

They're gearing up for their manifesto launch at the moment. That'll be where they start seriously spraying us with policies.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Guavanaut posted:

Welcome... to Pervert Park.

Mods?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

I could only speculate as to how many respects this giant poppy on the Costa near my house is, but it's got to be at least 69

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

that jess phillips article is incredible

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

jabby posted:

And have the papers criticize Labour for campaigning over Remembrance Sunday? There was an education policy pushed yesterday and Angela Raynor did the rounds. As said above whilst the air war is Tories costing Labour policies but not their own and being called out on it it's best to hold the good stuff for the manifesto launch and the last week when floating voters actually decide what to do in the booth

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Diet Crack posted:

I thought boy George was dead, unfortunate seeming it sounds like he’s turned into another decrepit piece of senile white poo poo. His music was loving trash anyway.

Yeah, I thought he was dead too, I had to Google to check.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Bobby Deluxe posted:

1) converting it to .gif

2) adding a banging dubstep internationale in the background to justify using mp4?

quick and dirty, but probably the best i can do

https://i.imgur.com/d6ZjA9x.mp4

(right-click and use show control elements, the audio doesn't play automatically)

oscarthewilde fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 10, 2019

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

1) converting it to .gif

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That's Twitter's doing, the gifs on the site are all actually MP4 videos (that's why you can't download them directly). They're doing it because the video files are ~10 times smaller for the same quality.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Bardeh posted:

I could only speculate as to how many respects this giant poppy on the Costa near my house is, but it's got to be at least 69

Every day I look at the poppies and I keep wondering how on earthed they turned into what loks like a very malformed kidney. It doesn't even resemble what its mean't to be.

Kinda ironic I guess.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

oscarthewilde posted:

quick and dirty, but probably the best i can do

https://i.imgur.com/d6ZjA9x.mp4

Well that's December's OP sorted.

Other music choice would be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULeDlxa3gyc

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Bardeh posted:

I haven't been out of the office this week, so missed that. But that area is a bit of a permanent war Christmas zone, anyway.

I saw all the kiddie wannbe-soldiers being marched around Sheerness earlier today, whilst one of their minders popped around the corner for a quick smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Wait, did that say "Professor Chink"?