Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HidaO-Win posted:

The weird thing is, I think the Mox/Omega match was mostly pretty safe. Yeah small scratches from barb wire suck to take but nobody was pumping out blood, bar the Phoenix Splash and the table spot nobody took any insane bumps, it looked horrific and was intense to watch but I'd say the two lads were fine afterwards. I wouldn't want it to be a regular thing but I wasn't worried about anyone.

I mean compared to some of the other matches for landing on heads and necks this weekend, it was in the tupenny ha'penny place.

Kenny did two moves over the barrier where he landed on concrete and the footstomp to the trash can is pretty dangerous because you don't know how you are going to land off it. It was a dangerous match and that helped make it cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dave said this match was bjw but five times farther, did bjw have the scissors open on the board? That's way grosser than anything in Kenny/mox

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
saying this was anywhere near big japan is a joke, let alone 5x worse. dave really shouldnt comment on stuff he doesn't watch

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Dave said this match was bjw but five times farther, did bjw have the scissors open on the board? That's way grosser than anything in Kenny/mox

Bjw used explosives and frontier included, according to Funk, anal sodomy via 2x4s

So yeah theyre just being clutchers

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pumped for MOX vs Jericho in a no ropes exploding anal hell match at the next ppv if that's the trend

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Suplex Liberace posted:

I haven't watched this yet, but did mox/kenny have fishing poles if not,

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, this isn't anywhere close to the company that invented the piranha and scorpion deathmatches.

Also bjw often uses light tubes. These guys used gimmicked glass.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

saying this was anywhere near big japan is a joke, let alone 5x worse. dave really shouldnt comment on stuff he doesn't watch

I didn't really like the match, but yeah I've seen way way worse in BJW.

nobody got :nms:multiple beds of nails embedded in their skulls:nms:at least

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I didn't really like the match, but yeah I've seen way way worse in BJW.

nobody got :nms:multiple beds of nails embedded in their skulls:nms:at least

Remember the time(s) Jun Kasai got powerbombed onto a board covered in razorblades?

Death match wrestlers are the coolest

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Yeah the most dangerous spots in the match were the ones where Kenny decided to do flying stuff onto concrete. He probably feels less sore today than after some of his NJPW main events.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
remember literally anything Mr Pogo did

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

MassRafTer posted:

Kenny did two moves over the barrier where he landed on concrete and the footstomp to the trash can is pretty dangerous because you don't know how you are going to land off it. It was a dangerous match and that helped make it cool.

You're absolutely right. See that's Kenny Omega move overload for me when him diving over barricades to hit drop kicks fails to be memorable.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The dropkick over the barricade is also okadas spot

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Okada does a splash.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Lid posted:

both david and bryan "not my cup of tea"

ok boomers

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lets burn their hands with a torch til they say things we like about the match

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

lets burn their hands with a torch til they say things we like about the match

I object to this on the moral grounds that I feel it's wrong to give Wade Keller money.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

forkboy84 posted:

Death match wrestlers are the coolest

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

And in literally the same sentence Dave said they both came from CZW - last I checked Kenny Omega has never wrestled for CZW, nor even any Japanese Death Match fed.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Germansimp posted:

And in literally the same sentence Dave said they both came from CZW - last I checked Kenny Omega has never wrestled for CZW, nor even any Japanese Death Match fed.

Yeah wasn't that the entire story of the match? That this was Moxley's territory and Kenny was going to struggle to match his experience in this kind of match?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

He hasn't. Kenny's had one match in a BJW co-promoted show, with....Kota Ibushi, Danshoku Dino, and Michael Nakazawa.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

being charitable, i think dave might have daved trying to say they went five times further than the wwe while also referencing bjw

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
My biggest pet peeve with meltzer is his insistence "you don't have to know anything about these people" when referring to the match, while then complaining about "no build" in another match that had great technical.

I think he was right about more than WWE - extreme rules isn't going to ever beat that match. But at the same time, comparing it to big japan is a big leap.

This just tells me they did explosive cage matches

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

also the counterpoint to his "can you draw big with this garbage?" is "atsushi onita" but obviously that was a completely different time and place. still, exploding swimming pool death match when, coward tony?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

oh but seriously I posted:

also the counterpoint to his "can you draw big with this garbage?" is "atsushi onita" but obviously that was a completely different time and place. still, exploding swimming pool death match when, coward tony?

Undertaker vs Mankind is probably the most famous match of all time, so...yeah I think you can

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Big Huski Boi posted:

Undertaker vs Mankind is probably the most famous match of all time, so...yeah I think you can
not even close

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

not even close

It is almost certainly the most well-known match outside of wrestling fandom

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pLuvm9DXNY

Neat, I didn't know Bryan wrestled Jungle Jack.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Bryan's wrestled like half the AEW midcard over the past 2 years

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Benne posted:

Bryan's wrestled like half the AEW midcard over the past 2 years

the fact that Bryan vs. Orange Cassidy (for a title!) happened is fuckin nuts

e: oops, sorry, you said midcard not main eventers

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Lmao this guy on WOL "Isn't that a little bit of a rape? 50 bucks for a PPV?"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yikes :chloe:

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

Lmao this guy on WOL "Isn't that a little bit of a rape? 50 bucks for a PPV?"

I kinda just convinced myself I misheard him. What a goddamn dope.

Like, I was trying to think if "what a rake" was a colloquialism for a rip-off or something.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah but they weren't getting bent out of shape about that stuff, they're freaking out because they saw blood.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Big Huski Boi posted:

It is almost certainly the most well-known match outside of wrestling fandom

Hogan vs Andre has to be more well known

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Of all time there's no way Undertaker vs Mankind is above it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTL6EkiAlI0

here is a reference to it, from the most popular video game of all time.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
“It might have been real glass”

Dave and Bryan are such marks.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Jordan7hm posted:

“It might have been real glass”

Dave and Bryan are such marks.
Seriously, the things that should have cut them up the worst, the glass and the spider net, did nothing. It was gimmicked but augmented by them already being cut up by the bat and broom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

davidbix posted:

Seriously, the things that should have cut them up the worst, the glass and the spider net, did nothing. It was gimmicked but augmented by them already being cut up by the bat and broom.

Am I high? Isn't this verbatim what they were saying?