Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Hospitals are actually shrinking because gypsies keep stealing bits of them :bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

Have to say the argument that we can't have more doctors and nurses because there's physically not enough room in the hospitals is a spicy new one

They're already asking doctors to do admin from offsite/hospital coffee shop because you can get the doctors to access the hospital emr system with their own devices and it is too expensive to give the doctors their own desk. Sitting on your secretary's lap (or vice versa) is no longer sexual harassment, it's standard procedure because you're both sharing the same computer.

Junior doctors still (usually) have the luxury of a ward office, but there are usually 6 of them crammed into a space smaller than the average London bedroom.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Really loving these AI posts, guys. Great substitute for actual content, top stuff!

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

WhatEvil posted:

That is actually nuts. I was wondering how some of this AI stuff was so good - often when you get stuff like this, all the AI has done is take some existing text and maybe substitute some of the key words. So for example it may have recognised from the prompt "Jeremy Corbyn drew his katana and sighed" or whatever that it fits in with fanfiction, and that Corbyn is a british politician, selected some existing text from a fanfiction it's "read", and substituted the names for other British politicians. This is called "overfitting" where the perfect solution to the problem "write some text on this subject" becomes "copy some existing text which fits this subject".

However, I just googled "The air was growing stale with the sound of a thousand words" and I couldn't find where that had been used before. I suppose it's possible that it's from a book or something and therefore wouldn't be found online, but the text of most books *will* turn up if you search for a part of it on google these days.

So what I'm saying is, that incredibly apt and poetic thing written just there, might actually be the legit creation of an AI. Which is loving crazy.

Eh, confirmation bias and monkeys with a better class of typewriter. We ignore the 1000 reams of shite for the one moment of sublime :discourse: . Still fun to see what it generates though.

Anyway, Jess Flaps did a thing. Are we sure she isn't a PissFlaps alt?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/10/jess-phillips-politics-of-hatred-social-change-labour

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

RockyB posted:

Eh, confirmation bias and monkeys with a better class of typewriter. We ignore the 1000 reams of shite for the one moment of sublime :discourse: . Still fun to see what it generates though.

Anyway, Jess Flaps did a thing. Are we sure she isn't a PissFlaps alt?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/10/jess-phillips-politics-of-hatred-social-change-labour

Oh what a surprise it’s all about her and how everything affects her personally. Won’t someone think of poor Jessflaps??

However, at least she’s not actually bashing Labour, she’s saying we need the policies Labour has so it’s not the worst I guess.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Rarity posted:

Really loving these AI posts, guys. Great substitute for actual content, top stuff!

Really loving these AI posts, guys. Great substitute for actual content, top stuff! -

"HOLY poo poo!!! I think you did a great job on these posts, guys. Great substitute for actual content, top stuff! - August 19, 2017Truly Amazing

Reviewer: Jamez - favorite favorite favorite favorite favorite - February 11, 2017

Subject: Great Post Great Post. Great Job! - February 11, 2017Great Post

Reviewer: MMMd - favorite favorite favorite favorite favorite - January 26, 2016

Subject: What do you mean, "a person that could make his own rules"?? You need to read this whole post and then come to the conclusion that if you're a robot, your rules do not matter.

If you're really so concerned about having a set of rules you have no real sense of humanity. - January 26, 2016What do you mean, "a person that could make his own rules"??

Reviewer: TheManWithTheE

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's genuinely bizzare how consistent phllips is, either she's whingeing about labour or she's talking about herself.

I want her to do other stuff but every bloody time it's one of those two. There's never any positive substance.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Guys, think about it I may be buying a flat in Ilford, the domain of the Miwky Man! For now.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
thesis: worthless, contentless AI-generated posts
antithesis: worthless, contentless crisp posts

synthesis: worthless, contentless AI-generated crisp posts

think i've got a new project

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

bleep bloop i am a bag of thai chicken mccoys

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wouldn't mind so much if some idiot centrists just decided to go like, hard loving maoist for a laugh.

But no they're all dead loving serious about their lovely baby ideology for morons.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

OwlFancier posted:

Class antagonism supercedes claims of ethno-religious solidarity.

The rich and privileged will never give a poo poo about the poor and powerless, and will only ever use them for their own ends, true regardless of race or religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlk7o5T56iw

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Huh when did linkin park get awesome?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

OwlFancier posted:

I wouldn't mind so much if some idiot centrists just decided to go like, hard loving maoist for a laugh.

But no they're all dead loving serious about their lovely baby ideology for morons.
but enough about social democracy!!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

bleep bloop i am a bag of thai chicken mccoys
Jeremy Chlorinated Chicken McCoybn

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Rarity posted:

In fairness I have been extremely sleep deprived while getting ready for my viva

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

What if a bunch of hard maoists went idiot centrist for a laugh ton of koch money hi Frank.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

RockyB posted:

This is a better hit rate than humans can achieve though.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Pochoclo posted:

Keep up the good work, canvassing comrades

Wish I lived in a marginal so I could offer tea and biscuits to people doing legwork out in the cold

I've been gradually taking over my CLP using the powerful twin techniques of "turning up regularly" and "knowing how to operate a computer". I'm in charge of social media and canvassing so far, despite having no real idea what I'm doing in either case. Just being vaguely organised and willing to volunteer puts you miles ahead of the other potential candidates.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

BizarroAzrael posted:

Guys, think about it I may be buying a flat in Ilford, the domain of the Miwky Man! For now.

Which colour do you want your blindfold in?

So we can look good in matching sets while at the wall sometime in the near future (provided the Home Office don't kick me out of the country)

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1193605260696334336
Ignore the changes since their last poll was a month ago.

8 point Tory lead isn't too bad. For historical sake, BMG gave the Tories a 13 point lead the day before the 2017 election.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"

Wolfsbane posted:

I've been gradually taking over my CLP using the powerful twin techniques of "turning up regularly" and "knowing how to operate a computer". I'm in charge of social media and canvassing so far, despite having no real idea what I'm doing in either case. Just being vaguely organised and willing to volunteer puts you miles ahead of the other potential candidates.

Ditto, except I became secretary after just 9 months of attending CLP and am now masterminding a doomed GE campaign. I have no idea what I’m doing but I’M DOING IT.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Rarity posted:

It is clear that the UK mega thread is lacking in political content. Of course, chat about salty snacks is often a substitute for this when conversation stalls.

The problem is, however, that the UK mega thread is already quite salty in nature. There are just some topics that are so obvious that you wouldn't have to use the mega thread at all.

Here is an example:

As you can see, there is literally nothing in the UK mega thread. There are literally thousands of threads with exactly this sort of content, and all of them are already on this website. It's not even that hard to just link to the content and let the site know.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1193605260696334336
Ignore the changes since their last poll was a month ago.

8 point Tory lead isn't too bad. For historical sake, BMG gave the Tories a 13 point lead the day before the 2017 election.

This implies that a decent chunk of lib dem voters are defecting to the tories, which is extremely on brand lol

I think I've managed to soften my folks up a bit on Jezza, I was telling them about the last few days at dinner and whilst they've never been and never will be Tory, they sounded more generous to Corbyn than they have in a long long time. Doubt they'll ever love the man because even if Labour wins and we get a 2ref and that goes Remain, they'll refuse to give him credit, but I'll take the small improvements!

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Decided to shut off my Facebook account. Heard plenty of stories from people I know about how much nicer it is not having one, so let’s see how this goes.

Shame though, won’t see the outcome of a very spicy argument. A friends ex-wife who is now dating a Jewish man has bought into the whole Labour/Corbyn anti semitism bullshit and has gone so far as equating all Palestinians with terrorists.

Doubt she would ever have seriously voted Labour anyway, she’s a liberal born and bred.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Decided to shut off my Facebook account. Heard plenty of stories from people I know about how much nicer it is not having one, so let’s see how this goes.

Shame though, won’t see the outcome of a very spicy argument. A friends ex-wife who is now dating a Jewish man has bought into the whole Labour/Corbyn anti semitism bullshit and has gone so far as equating all Palestinians with terrorists.

Doubt she would ever have seriously voted Labour anyway, she’s a liberal born and bred.

Go their house and start knocking it down, if they come out to defend it call them terrorists.

Also welcome to the no FB club. No more lovely takes, or awful 'suggested for you' clickbait. I still use messenger for group chats though, you can deactivate the site and still use it if you werent aware.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Purple Prince posted:

Teaching an impromptu civics lesson to my adult students (I am not a politics teacher): is this praxis?

Teaching them revolutionary ideology would be praxis, teaching them to vote is just good citizenship ;)

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Trust me it’s good. Get your twitter banned too.

Social media is a cancer.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I have to use it for work unfortunately, and its the only way my bike club organises anything, but the unfollowing absolutely everyone and everything so you essentially don't have a feed is working out well for me

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I mean yeah I use it for messenger to stay in touch with family and friends overseas and to call family for free on my pc, but that’s it. Everything else about it can gently caress off.

Twitter is worse in my opinion and it depresses me that people take everything on there at face value when it’s mostly lies and bullshit.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Ratjaculation posted:

Go their house and start knocking it down, if they come out to defend it call them terrorists.

Also welcome to the no FB club. No more lovely takes, or awful 'suggested for you' clickbait. I still use messenger for group chats though, you can deactivate the site and still use it if you werent aware.

Her logic is the Palestinian government is Hamas > Hamas is a terrorist organisation that wants to destroy Israel > Therefore all Palestinians are terrorists > Therefore supporting the rights of the Palestinians to exist is supporting terrorism and anti-semitism.

Yeah I’ve opted to scrub the messenger app too. It’s harsh but in truth anyone I actually really want to stay in contact with I have them on Whatsapp.

Ive kept Instagram though. I’ll happily take a thousand “NOPE or DOPE” posts about terrible cars over endless “I DONT CARE WHO THE POPPY OFFENDS” posts.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Her logic is the Palestinian government is Hamas > Hamas is a terrorist organisation that wants to destroy Israel > Therefore all Palestinians are terrorists > Therefore supporting the rights of the Palestinians to exist is supporting terrorism and anti-semitism.

Yeah I’ve opted to scrub the messenger app too. It’s harsh but in truth anyone I actually really want to stay in contact with I have them on Whatsapp.

Ive kept Instagram though. I’ll happily take a thousand “NOPE or DOPE” posts about terrible cars over endless “I DONT CARE WHO THE POPPY OFFENDS” posts.

Yeah, I like instagram because it's actual content I like, ie; friends travel pics, nature pics, tits. The misery of facebook hasn't seeped in, though if it has I've not seen it. It's still facebook though, so make sure you use content blockers elsewhere on the web...

It's time like this I wish MSN was still around :'(

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Am greatly enjoying the whole current tory budget drama. Turns out they spent all their time and money working out how much "labours plans" (which aren't released yet, and was labours direct response to the claims) will cost and forgot they needed to cost their own manifesto promises so when sajid javid got asked quite bluntly by andrew marr how much the tory plans would cost in comparison, he couldn't give an answer. Which is kinda interesting because he's chancellor of the loving exchequer and that's his loving job.

also, corbyn didn't bow low enough at the cenotaph, what a traitor. disregard the fact he's 70 years old and you're routinely asked to give up seats on buses for people that age.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Ratjaculation posted:

It's time like this I wish MSN was still around :'(

RIP ICQ.

Drone_Fragger posted:

also, corbyn didn't bow low enough at the cenotaph, what a traitor. disregard the fact he's 70 years old and you're routinely asked to give up seats on buses for people that age.

https://twitter.com/WhatEvil/status/1188468462408163329?s=20

Nailed it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I watched a Tom Scott video where he said he misses RSS and I now realise I miss RSS as well now. Something very nice about a feed that doesn't bollocks you about and try to push you what it thinks is the most relevant content.

Like YouTube music. The free app is surprisingly good, but I wish there was a way of convincing it that when I'm having a movie / video game soundtracks day, I don't want it putting 70s dad rock on the list.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Replace all mentions of Palestinian govt/Hamas and Palestinians with the reverse and see how they like the statement then.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Ratjaculation posted:

Yeah, I like instagram because it's actual content I like, ie; friends travel pics, nature pics, tits.
here are a couple of nice pairs of tits, just for you

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

Replace all mentions of Palestinian govt/Hamas and Palestinians with the reverse and see how they like the statement then.

I mean the issue here is that you're assuming that """Palestinians""" have a right to exist anyway. the correct term is "Jordanians illegally occupying Israeli territory" and if you say otherwise you're antisemitic.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

They took ourrrr poopppppppppppppieeeeeeeesss

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/remembrance-sunday-pub-poppy-refuse-drink-veterans-bristol-three-lions-a9197211.html

Here gaze into my rosebud and give me my loving drink

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/FlagsMashupBot/status/1193604250628186112

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Drone_Fragger posted:

https://twitter.com/mollygiles2015/status/1193486858103250944