Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah the first episode came out and then they announced it was canceled. Even with the tax thing not being true there was something bad going on behind the scenes because they kind of unceremoniously stopped production before the end of the original production order.

They kind of said that it was really expensive per episode and the execs weren't happy with the first couple of episodes. It is pretty obvious that while it had high production values the scripts and acting wasn't up to snuff. Kind of the opposite of Doom Patrol early on. I do wonder what season 2 of that will look like since it is a hit and going to be on the HBO service as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah the first episode came out and then they announced it was canceled. Even with the tax thing not being true there was something bad going on behind the scenes because they kind of unceremoniously stopped production before the end of the original production order.

it was apparently mainly a particularly serious case of creative differences between the creators and WB, likely combined with budget issues

if you watch the season/series finale, it's pretty obvious what the three episodes cut from the order were going to be about and where they hastily added a few scenes in order to add some vague semblance of resolution

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

creative updates on Moon Knight and She-Hulk

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1192913250100269058

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jessica Gao rules

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait, what's that about Rebecca Ferguson?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh boy, a Crisis after show hosted by Kevin Smith :effort:

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/1192931048889430016
On the one hand I'm glad to see the CW eventizing Crisis so much, on the other, it seems weird to only do it after supergirl and the flash.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Holy jeez Kevin you're not super fat anymore not every picture of you has to be looking up

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Scaramouche posted:

Holy jeez Kevin you're not super fat anymore not every picture of you has to be looking up

That dumb loving forced look on his face, every loving time. Did cocaine steal his personality?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Oh boy, a Crisis after show hosted by Kevin Smith :effort:

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/1192931048889430016
On the one hand I'm glad to see the CW eventizing Crisis so much, on the other, it seems weird to only do it after supergirl and the flash.

The 2 final episodes are a month later, so they might just announce one later.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im glad stumptown is having dex be openly bi as a thing, but not like, A Thing

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Sgt. Politeness posted:

That dumb loving forced look on his face, every loving time. Did cocaine steal his personality?

He’s still funny, and he doesn’t do coke, just a lot of weed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

He might not do coke now, but he's definitely done a bunch of coke in the past.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's how we got his terrible Batman miniseries.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Everyone may already be aware of this but if you're on Verizon Wireless, check if your Unlimited Plan is eligible for a free year of Disney+. It's not redeemable until Nov 12th but that's the day it starts anyway:

https://www.techradar.com/news/get-a-free-12-months-of-disney-plus-on-launch-thanks-to-verizons-disney-deal

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Then explain the lovely new Jay and Silent Bob movie!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

His writing sucks, but he’s still a good talker. Him and Chris Jericho did a watch along podcast for Pulp Fiction that was fun. He’s just endlessly enthusiastic.

His weed brand sounds good too. Hoping to try some soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's an amazing storyteller. I wish he'd just do speaking tours all the time.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

I don't believe any of this. Everything that pops out of his mouth nowadays comes off forced and disingenuous like someone faking their emotional output. He shows a lot of signs of being coked out but it could definitely be prescription drugs, some of the serious depression meds can change a person's personality. Either way I can't watch his stuff anymore, it's like having an old friend who's lost their way and there's nothing I can do about it. I mean I knew he'd been off his game for a long time but the first trailer for the new Jay & Silent Bob movie was shockingly bad, so much so that I question my own memories and wonder if he was ever any good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He hasn't made a good film since Chasing Amy and even that has aged like poo poo.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

He hasn't made a good film since Chasing Amy and even that has aged like poo poo.

I think you mean Dogma. His stuff has declined majorly since then and he never really grew as a film maker. That being said, he is enthusiastic about the things I like and I appreciate him for that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think Dogma is more flawed than CA but I do understand why people enjoy it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I liked Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back as a teen stoner.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Kevin Smith's only good movie is mallrats and he has been coasting the last 25 years on dipshit gen x nerds latching on to him

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

See, I don't like admitting it but I've been slowly drifting over to Mr. Hootington's side of thinking.

Without the lense of nostalgia/being stoned it might just be Mallrats and I'm afraid to watch it because I might be wrong about that one too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I was a pretty big Kevin Smith day since the original 3 movies came out at pretty critical times in my life and helped move me away from "this was a big movie at the theater so I have to like it, and I've never heard of that movie so it must suck!" mentality. I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt even through his other movies that even when bad generally had something I liked.

Then came Yoga Hosers. I didn't like Tusk but I was a fan of his podcast so I knew where it came from, but Yoga Hosers is a crime against humanity. It was so offensively bad that I retroactively hated him instantly.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Medullah posted:

I was a pretty big Kevin Smith day since the original 3 movies came out at pretty critical times in my life and helped move me away from "this was a big movie at the theater so I have to like it, and I've never heard of that movie so it must suck!" mentality. I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt even through his other movies that even when bad generally had something I liked.

Then came Yoga Hosers. I didn't like Tusk but I was a fan of his podcast so I knew where it came from, but Yoga Hosers is a crime against humanity. It was so offensively bad that I retroactively hated him instantly.

I had no idea Yoga Hosers was even a thing before I saw this post. Then I looked it up on Wikipedia and found out that it only made 38k in theatres. :popeye:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yoga Hosers was so insanely bad I turned it off. I at least made it thru Tusk which was still bad.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I do feel like Yoga Hosers is why you shouldn't let the devil's weed be your muse.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Red State was goddamned garbage.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Agreed but at least it had Michael Parks. Yoga Hosers was 100% a birthday gift from Smith and Depp to their daughters.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Rhyno posted:

He's an amazing storyteller. I wish he'd just do speaking tours all the time.

Yeah. He doesn't even need a film to show. Honestly I would have preferred seeing Kevin Smith without the "reboot" screening.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

roffels posted:

Yeah. He doesn't even need a film to show. Honestly I would have preferred seeing Kevin Smith without the "reboot" screening.

His "Evening With" specials are the best work of his career. It would be great if that's all he did with his time.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I've been trying to convince Google for years that I'm "not interested in Kevin Smith" but it keeps pushing his poo poo onto my phone.

E: Rob Jefferson is a much better replacement.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Rhyno posted:

Red State is a movie that I would have called a drat good pivot by the man if it ended at the sirens, and didn't end on that wet fart explaining itself out of a cool moment

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/EW/status/1193967079713628161

I continue to be totally confused as to what WB's strategy is for DC Universe vis-a-vis HBO Max. It makes very little sense to continue maintaining it as a standalone service, especially with three DC shows just announced for Max, but Doom Patrol aside, they're still holding off on confirming whether any of DCU's original content will be on Max as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whatever, just give me more Kori/Donna villainess takedowns.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Disney+ will not only launch with the majority of the Marvel Studios library, but also a special previewing the Marvel Studios Disney+ series. I don't expect a ton from it, but hey, we'll find out soon enough.

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1193985534927892480
https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1193985627538116608

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I liked Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back as a teen stoner.

There's some ok humor there and unlike a lot of modern comedies it has a proper structure to hang the jokes on, but holy poo poo are a lot of the jokes in it just "ha, gay".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've had the "Fifteen bucks, little man" song stuck in my head for the past twenty years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Blockhouse posted:

I've had the "Fifteen bucks, little man" song stuck in my head for the past twenty years

That's from Clerks 2.