Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Weird it wasn't in the email or on the store page, glad it's still a thing though. Can't wait to pick this one up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichaelFlatley
Nov 11, 2002
I love the smaller ‘89 Batmobile except the grey barrels as intakes. Tbf they stuck out weirdly on the Classic Space Ideas set too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That little one is going to end up being more valuable than the big one lol. If I get it I don’t know if I’ll have the willpower to not build it though.

Really sucks that the release of the batmobile is so imminent. I really shouldn’t be spending that much on a set right now but I absolutely don’t want to miss out on the minifig scale one either. Maybe Ill sell some sets on craigslist to justify it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MichaelFlatley posted:

I love the smaller ‘89 Batmobile except the grey barrels as intakes. Tbf they stuck out weirdly on the Classic Space Ideas set too.

I hate the gray barrels man. They have fudged up so many cool modern/sci fi sets. It’s so obvious they are old west barrels. Stop using them as intakes LEGO.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Pirate barrels :colbert:

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I guess I'll buy it. If I can find the time.

Just realized that picture is dark as poo poo. Pretty sure I have every single Batmobile.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The mini looks like a $30 or $35 set by itself. I could easily see it going for 2x that as soon as stock runs out.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Waltzing Along posted:

The mini looks like a $30 or $35 set by itself. I could easily see it going for 2x that as soon as stock runs out.

It's comparable to the 30 dollar one they just released. Only draw back is it doesn't have minifigs.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was looking at the pictures and thinking about how hard it would be to brick link the pieces and there are three I don't recognize at all. The wings at the back, and the two types that shape both the front and rear wheel wells. Anybody know those?

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Not sure about the wings, but I think the wheel well parts you're talking about are these:
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=50967#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}
They've been around for a while and are easy to find in black.

An entire inventory should be available soon so you can go from there, although if those wings are new you'd have to improvise. But hey, that's half the fun of Lego!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
If you want to bricklink it you need to identify the rare parts and start buying them asap, before prices climb due to others doing the same. A lot of the "pro" bricklink sellers wath these trends very carefully

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
These sets are a year old, but I have never seen mention of them:

https://www.brickfinder.net/2018/11/01/lego-brick4me-puppy-series-revealed/

They aren't even on bricklink. Anyone know about them? ie: parts lists. I'd like to BL the parts for a friend. And find instructions but they seem to be very unknown.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well, here's a dumb and unfunny thing from Jimmy Kimmel(but I repeat myself)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDrxiBBJFm0&hd=1

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

My wife said she is on it to order the batmobile for me first thing on black friday. I didn't even know about the mini-one. I totally glossed over that. Even more reason now to get it early. I'm definitely gonna build the small one as well.

Well poo poo, now I have to buy the Tumbler as well I guess. My hope is one day soon they do the animated series batmobile.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

veni veni veni posted:

That little one is going to end up being more valuable than the big one lol. If I get it I don’t know if I’ll have the willpower to not build it though.

Really sucks that the release of the batmobile is so imminent. I really shouldn’t be spending that much on a set right now but I absolutely don’t want to miss out on the minifig scale one either. Maybe Ill sell some sets on craigslist to justify it.

I actually only want the little one and the minifigures. So the larger scale set is basically a £219 black hole I'll be buying.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
They should rerelease the Town Plans, not that they’d be difficult to Bricklink but it’d be nice to just grab it off the shelf and or get VIP points for it.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I just had an initially frustrating but finally faith-in-humanity restoring experience on Facebook marketplace buying a Lego set.

After rewatching Rogue One recently I decided I wanted a U-Wing after all. Though initially lukewarm on the design evidently it had grown on me. I saw a woman locally selling a U-Wing for €40 with bags still sealed, so made the purchase. She showed me the box had been opened because as she described it her daughter had opened it and looked at the bags but didn’t want to build it. My fault for taking her at her word, but I was in a rush and had to get to work. When I checked the box a few hours later I saw that most of the bags were sealed but the first had been opened, the figures built and there were definitely missing pieces. Closer inspection showed that someone had built the set up to about stage 20, and all that initial structure was missing. The figs and everything after were present.

I figured I’d been scammed but gave the woman the benefit of the doubt and messaged her with pictures. When she got back in touch she was extremely apologetic and confused about what could have happened. She searched for the missing parts, but I told her I didn’t want to cause her extra wasted time and that I would just return the set. She refused and had her husband looking for it too. At this point I’d made a BrickLink list of the 60 or so missing pieces and it looked like about €15 with shipping so I told her if she just wanted to refund me €20 I’d order the extras and be done with it. She absolutely refused and asked for my bank details and refunded me the full €40 today, telling me to keep the set, along with further apologies even though I told her she was being more than generous.

So end result, I will have a very cheap U-Wing, and of course while on BrickLink I took the opportunity to buy a few more blasters to replace the stud shooters for the battle pack figs I have on my shelf. Also I picked up a couple pieces for my nephew’s Ninjago City set we noticed were missing when I built it with him, so smiles all round.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 8, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I bought the U-wing and thought it was a quite nice set, although if memory serves, the cockpit is wrong?

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
It's single seat instead of two abreast, but that's just an issue of scale. It's a pretty great set.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Batmobile looks absolutely incredible. However my seasonal purchase budget is in Ninjago City and the accompanying Docks- they’ll be arriving a day or two before BF and returnable within 90d if I find a better deal (and am patient)- we’ll see what happens. I mostly like stuff I can integrate with the minifigs at scale so the GWP is probably more my speed, but I’m really liking that Futura-based model here:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Also when did the term LEGO ‘System’ fall out of parlance?

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Batmobile looks absolutely incredible. However my seasonal purchase budget is in Ninjago City and the accompanying Docks- they’ll be arriving a day or two before BF and returnable within 90d if I find a better deal (and am patient)- we’ll see what happens. I mostly like stuff I can integrate with the minifigs at scale so the GWP is probably more my speed, but I’m really liking that Futura-based model here:

The one on the top right? That was a SDCC promo. My wife found the instructions and bricklinked the pieces for me. There’s also a larger one that comes with the retro Batcave.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Also when did the term LEGO ‘System’ fall out of parlance?

Well, 2000 was the year they stopped printing 'System' on the boxes/instructions so then I guess. I don't know why, presumably some marketing or brand thing like when they changed from 'Legoland' to 'Lego System'.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The term system is still used frequently though. I think it was probably just marketing reasons since there are so many themes and licensed properties now. But it's still the terminology used to describe how parts can interact with eachother.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's just marketing. They probably talked to people who said "what is Lego System? Oh, it's the same as Lego?" So they dropped the System part.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I just picked up the first Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy since I have the one from Vol. 2 and their new ship from Infinity War and this one is my favorite, the size and colors are dope as hell and I love the Boombox inside, cockpit and rear window to view out the back. The Vol. 2 ship really sucks rear end in comparison.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sigher posted:

I just picked up the first Milano from Guardians of the Galaxy since I have the one from Vol. 2 and their new ship from Infinity War and this one is my favorite, the size and colors are dope as hell and I love the Boombox inside, cockpit and rear window to view out the back. The Vol. 2 ship really sucks rear end in comparison.

I have this sitting on my shelf from when I was certain I was going all in on Marvel LEGO. I'm not sure what happened but I never bought anything beyond that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tuo posted:

Speaking of stuff I want...

Double posting because this is $167 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Constru...243422a05d&th=1

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I had a couple of Mega Bloks sets when I was younger but even then something didn't seem right about them. I also remember Construx being a name for a different toy in the 90s, it was more of a K'Nex type thing with like rods and plates- here we go- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Construx- that redshirt looks mighty chuffed with his shuttlecraft I must say. And of course that picture is "own work", lol

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I actually loved Construx as a kid. It was it's own thing. Megablox were just generic Legos. In the 80's Lego was always king but the other building toys were actually different from them. Contrux, Knex (sucked) erector sets...Now they are all just Lego rips.

Also lincoln logs nevar forget.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The one I had that never seemed popular* was Robotix, and it’s octagonal connection points.

*But apparently was popular enough to have a movie? Googling it brought this fact up, and I’d never heard of the movie before.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I played a lot with Construx. It was basically my second fix after Lego. Sadly, the quality of Construx (at least over here) was not even close to Lego, so the longer beams always started to crack after using them two dozen times for different things, right where you would attach the connector things. I still have a lot of Construx in the basement, and most of it is cracked, because I used it too much (I remember using the parts from the spaceship set...the large, quarter disc things....to build myself shoulder pads for my 40k Space Marine costume when I was like six or seven years old. Good times.)

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Construx was awesome because when you're a kid its easy enough to build something so big it's as tall as you are and the lack of intricate parts makes it more suitable for outside play.

They were also extremely cheap compared to Lego which meant even the larger sets were very attainable.

I had the massive army half track and the biggest of the black and purple alien ships and those combined with a few smaller but still significantly large sets meant I was never lacking for parts.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Exactly. I never had enough Lego to build the really big things I wanted to build, and back then Lego also didn't have so many different parts that it has now.

Some things I remember building out of construx:

- Gatling gun from Predator, as close as 1:1 as I could (I think I even tried to implement some kind of crank so it rotated)
- Hunter Killer Tank from Terminator 2 nearly a meter high

I should have never seen those movies in that age of course, but my two older brothers didn't give a gently caress and promised my parents they'll take good care of me, only to pop in the VHS after the door closed, lol ;)

Of course my parents were a bit surprised regarding my construx builds....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
CONSTRUX???

Rhyno posted:

Look at all these poor kids.

I had 4 60 gallon garbage cans full of Construx. Every one of my relatives knew I loved the poo poo so they bought me sets all the time. I think I had every single set except for a Dinosaur set. They had a parts expansion builder set that had like 300 pieces in it for a deal price, my Uncle bought me 5 of them for a birthday once. I used that stuff to build bases for MOTU, GI Joe and once a properly scaled Metroplex for my Transformers.

I sold all of it to my boss a few years ago because he had 4 kids and he swore they'd love it. Found out recently they traded all of it for a loving Wii U.

Best childhood building toy ever.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Speaking of alternatives to LEGO.....

Wonder what the tolerances are like?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

dubzee posted:

Precious metals are usually a libertarian thing, so they'll claim to have high tolerances but they'll be damned if they're sending their kids to the same school as the blacks

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If it is a libertarian selling it, the blocks will just be chrome plated pot metal.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

dubzee posted:

Just splash for the Tiffany ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
It's been far too long: