Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I'm pretty certain the whole "okay, Boomer" thing originated from Gen Z anyways but it doesn't stop everyone from calling millennials ageists. Really though defining people by a 15 year age gap is dumb and Boomer has just turned into slang for older conservatives and Millennials are just younger progressives, relative to the speaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
It's almost like life is on a bell curve. You start life not being able to drive or vote, then you can do those things, and as you hit your retirement you lose those things again.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I wouldn't care about 'ok boomer' that much if boomers weren't going absolutely apeshit over it.

But after seeing all the butthurt complaining? Holy poo poo post 'ok boomer' on every Facebook page in the land.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

As an old white person I can tell you it is 100% ok to make fun of old white people in any context or with any language. Old white people are the absolute loving worst.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Nazis recruiting from the Marine Corp

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/d3aq8a/exclusive-a-us-marine-used-the-neo-nazi-site-iron-march-to-recruit-for-a-race-war

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The real joke of OK Boomer is saying it to people younger than boomers, though.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I read this whole thing and now my brain hurts.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1193548156736344065?s=19

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

The fact that a Marine was using the website to recruit nazis, and not the other way around, pretty much sums up my belief about the prevalence of active duty proud-and-out skinhead grunts:

LOL

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

El Mero Mero posted:

The age element of it is just that that lived experience was 40-60 years ago and it's infuriating to see people who think the only thing that's changed on the world is that they've gotten older.
Oh gods, I wish this were the case. Judging by Facebook neighborhood groups and NextDoor, the world absolutely has changed since they were kids: the crime rate has skyrocketed; young people have become insufferably entitled, always whining about their need for "health care" and "affordable homes"; marriage and gender have been corrupted from their true, eternal, and totally not culturally-defined meanings; and the city putting in bike lanes is a direct attack on the American way of life.

I'm still 100% certain millennials will come to be known for having the same laughably out of touch perspective. For every millennial I know who is paying attention and trying to fight for a better future, nine are startlingly complacent and risk going full Boomer if anything pulls them out of their bubble.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Cugel the Clever posted:

I'm still 100% certain millennials will come to be known for having the same laughably out of touch perspective. For every millennial I know who is paying attention and trying to fight for a better future, nine are startlingly complacent and risk going full Boomer if anything pulls them out of their bubble.
All my hope Is riding on the kids that are in school right now. They seem to have ready realized the rest of us have dealt them a crappy hand and are already dealing with it very early on. Look at the Parkland kids and Grera.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 10, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

wow that's crazy, iMessages automatically censors your password, see for yourself

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
bigfarts420

edit: poo poo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cugel the Clever posted:

Oh gods, I wish this were the case. Judging by Facebook neighborhood groups and NextDoor, the world absolutely has changed since they were kids: the crime rate has skyrocketed; young people have become insufferably entitled, always whining about their need for "health care" and "affordable homes"; marriage and gender have been corrupted from their true, eternal, and totally not culturally-defined meanings; and the city putting in bike lanes is a direct attack on the American way of life.

Very excited to see what I'm extremely out of touch opinions I'll have as an old man.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Guys how much money would you have if your SSN was your bank account balance?????

I'd have $420,696,911

E please dont post your SSN

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Someone in DIY made this in their gang tag thread and I’m loving dying :laffo:

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I'm not sure why I made this but someone might find it useful.

That’s it, back to your regularly scheduled hellworld2019 reality.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

stealie72 posted:

All my hope Is riding on the kids that are in school right now. They seem to have ready realized the rest of us have dealt them a crappy hand and are already dealing with it very early on. Look at the Parkland kids and Grera.

Yeah, let's not do anything ourselves and count on the next generation

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Icon Of Sin posted:

Lol they even incorporated loss into it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Doc Hawkins posted:

wow that's crazy, iMessages automatically censors your password, see for yourself

hunter2

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
https://twitter.com/mrbrianfirenzi/status/1193269846420537344

the only reveal that matters

InAndOutBrennan
Dec 11, 2008

Pryor on Fire posted:

As an old white person I can tell you it is 100% ok to make fun of old white people in any context or with any language. Old white people are the absolute loving worst.

I approve and agree with this poster.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Doc Hawkins posted:

gigant1c@ck

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

Holy poo poo lmao

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Waroduce posted:

Guys how much money would you have if your SSN was your bank account balance?????

I'd have $420,696,911

E please dont post your SSN

$696,696,696!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/10/nikki-haley-claims-kelly-and-tillerson-tried-to-undermine-trump.html

quote:

Former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley claims in her new memoir that two of President Donald Trump’s senior advisers tried to subvert him in order to “save the country.”

Former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly confided in Haley that they were trying to resist the president and encouraged her do the same, she wrote in her new book, “With All Due Respect,” which comes out on Tuesday.

“Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country,” Haley wrote.

All these concerned advisors just never realized that the 25th amendment existed I suppose.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Bolivia just had a coup

https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1193633310729277440?s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

drat, have the JCS considered just asking Trump?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cyks posted:

I'm pretty certain the whole "okay, Boomer" thing originated from Gen Z anyways but it doesn't stop everyone from calling millennials ageists. Really though defining people by a 15 year age gap is dumb and Boomer has just turned into slang for older conservatives and Millennials are just younger progressives, relative to the speaker.

Originally: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/30-year-old-boomer

Its gen z making fun of millenials for doing "kids these days" type things. The origin is being obnoxious about bitcoin just like boomers were/are about gold, the second instance is about arena shooters is making fun of millenial gamers that don't like BRs and are trying to make UT/Quake a thing again as if its 2004.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
On the one hand, kids these days are right about bitcoin being stupid. On the other, BRs kinda suck

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tetris 99 is the only good br

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Fallom posted:

drat, have the JCS considered just asking Trump?

Oh god and make his "its all a coup attempt" bullshit true?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Flipped, confirmed! :toot:

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1193655570261258249

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

On the one hand, kids these days are right about bitcoin being stupid. On the other, BRs kinda suck

Ok boomer.

Truly the best part of the boomer meme taking off right now is that it’s around 18 months old and boomers are only now learning about it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

tetris 99 is the only good br

My man.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

hobbesmaster posted:

Ok boomer.

Truly the best part of the boomer meme taking off right now is that it’s around 18 months old and boomers are only now learning about it.

yeah that's about how long it takes before anyone wants to invite the grandparents over to see the baby

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

FAUXTON posted:

yeah that's about how long it takes before anyone wants to invite the grandparents over to see the baby

:wow:

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
600 troops to stay in Syria, while the US will be in Afghanistan indefinitely.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/11/10/600-troops-now-set-remain-syria-indefinitely-top-general-says.html

Military.com posted:

Some 500-600 U.S. troops will remain in Syria indefinitely to prevent a resurgence of ISIS, Joint Chiefs Chairman Army Gen. Mark Milley said Sunday.

The U.S. commitment to preventing Afghanistan from becoming a terrorist base for attacks against the U.S. will also require a U.S. troop presence for at least the next several years, Milley said on ABC-TV's "This Week..

In addition, the buildup of forces in the Gulf region to counter threats from Iran will have to remain in place until a diplomatic settlement can be reached, Milley said.

Milley's remarks appeared to signal that U.S. national security interests would continue to require backup from the military despite President Donald Trump's oft-stated desire to take the U.S. out of the "endless wars" of the Middle East.

ISIS has since announced that Abu Ibrahim al-Hashemi al-Qurayshi was the new "caliph" and issued a warning to the U.S. uploaded on the Telegram app: "Do not be happy."

ISIS has "apparently replaced [Baghdadi] with another leader" and "we do have a considerable amount of information on that individual," Milley said.

On Afghanistan, Milley said the U.S. had an enduring commitment to ensure that the country will "never again be a safe haven" for terror groups aiming to attack the U.S. and its allies.

"That mission is not yet complete," Milley said. "I suspect it will be ongoing into the future for several more years."

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Until the heatdeath of the universe is sure a few more years yeah

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

stealie72 posted:

Isn’t David Hogg buddying up with techbros and proud boys these days

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

Isn’t David Hogg buddying up with techbros and proud boys these days
Ugh, seems to be the case. Sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

stealie72 posted:

Ugh, seems to be the case. Sigh.

Are you sure it is the right Hogg? Because one was a CHUD and the other was an activist