Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

My schoolyard was the dumbest poo poo. "I heard they're scientifically making pokemon real, they already made jigglypuff it's only a matter of time for the rest." -actual thing that got passed around way too long.

extremely strong source of uncles from nintendo :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

get this...

"auto chess"

"battle chess"

for the Amiga. The best game ever, at least to 12-year old me. (Still used the same rules as Chess, so obviously "dated" and bad according to a certain kind of troll.)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Bleck posted:

pokemon battle gameplay is rad, pokemon preparing for battle by biking in a circle for seventeen hours hoping you get the right dice roll gameplay is kind of double asses

"all the worst parts of pokemon games are what I like, actually" - Adults who post about pokemon 40+ times a day

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Did it involve Erik? I can't imagine it being any other way

Erik with two timseshears, Veronica doublecasts sap or whatever spell weakens defense, Erik does the two duplicates thing, Sylvando does a poisoning move, Hero uses an item (you know the one), Veronica doublecasts oomphle on Erik, Erik does that ability that does 6x damage to poisoned people(with three of him using two daggers), boss is almost dead, Sylvando kills with a normal attack

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Libluini posted:

"battle chess"

for the Amiga. The best game ever, at least to 12-year old me. (Still used the same rules as Chess, so obviously "dated" and bad according to a certain kind of troll.)

Loved those animations.

If you want to see some hosed up chess 2.0 bullshit check out “fairy chess” and be prepared to lol. Knightmare Chess from Steve Jackson Games was an interesting extension of the game but is long out of print.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Lodin posted:

Lol, are you people actually falling for such poo poo trolling?

No one has ever genuinely had a bad opinion, says someone posting on the Something Awful Forums

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I think that the Pokémon games are fun.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I hear this number every once and awhile (or around it) and it always startles me because "no way"

Is there like, any genuine reason as to why the team is so small and why they aren't afforded a bigger team?

You can't just buy people with money, you need to spend time training and integrating them too. They presumably already outsource like every other studio.

You can alway end up like Bioware where EA tried to plaster their name on a second studio and it didn't turn out so great.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

You can't just buy people with money, you need to spend time training and integrating them too. They presumably already outsource like every other studio.

You can alway end up like Bioware where EA tried to plaster their name on a second studio and it didn't turn out so great.

It wasn't just one extra studio that received the Bioware name. :rip: Bioware Mythic, and Bioware San Francisco

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 10, 2019

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
close this thread until Animal Crossings comes out imo

If this thread is this bad, I can't imagine how the actual Pokemon thread is

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

You'd think Game Freak would put three more people on the payroll just for old times' sake.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I am ready for Pokemon. Haven't played one since the ol' GBA days

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I can't wait till they finally release previous generations on Switch!

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

close this thread until Animal Crossings comes out imo

If this thread is this bad, I can't imagine how the actual Pokemon thread is
Pokemon thread's a lot better 'cause that one guy who's super salty about wasting time on a living dex doesn't post there. And there's actual interesting new stuff we're learning about the game.

But I really wanted to just say that everything should be closed until Animal Crossing comes out. Let's all just go into hibernation for Animal Crossing. It would solve a lot of issues.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Animal Crossing is the Most Important Game Series of the Generation. An essay in five parts,

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

was the last console animal crossing really 11 years ago

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

a.lo posted:

was the last console animal crossing really 11 years ago

Yes and the last mainline game in general was 7 loving years ago.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Snake Maze posted:

"New pokemon", in this context, is referring to the actual creatures, not the games. 2007, 2011, 2013, 2016, and 2019 are the only relevant dates from that tweet, which is an average of three years between generations.

Yes and I'm saying the problem isn't new pokemon it's making a new pokemon game every year

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

They should have started culling Pokemon years ago.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There are several pokemon culls each year, because of the popularity of invasive species from kanto that are brought over as pets. There are more pikachu introduced to the Sinnoh ecosystem just from people abandoning captive-bred pets than native species like pachirisu can breed in a year

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I once asked a Tumblr question about Chess to the main designer of Magic cards and he said he thought it was a dated game that couldn’t be commercially released now, because the lack of variance means players have to both be within a certain skill level or one will literally always win— in which case there’s no real stake in playing and it stops being a game. This doesn’t have anything to do with Pokémon; I’m just bitter because my father was the best chess player in the city and kept insisting I play him when I was five

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Elman posted:

Gamefreak should just drop the series and focus on their true flagship title: Pocket Card Jockey.

(Seriously though, I can't believe they haven't released that on mobile. It's such a brilliant, highly addicting concept)

I agree with this. PCJ is loving legit.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Elman posted:

Gamefreak should just drop the series and focus on their true flagship title: Pocket Card Jockey.

(Seriously though, I can't believe they haven't released that on mobile. It's such a brilliant, highly addicting concept)

If only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4oHNsJPJwI&t=420s

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I agree with this. PCJ is loving legit.

Hell, I'd prob rebuy that on Switch.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nephzinho posted:

Hell, I'd prob rebuy that on Switch.

I’d rebuy it on every platform TBH.

Switch, phone, pc

It’s just an enjoyable game.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I keep waiting a few days and then skipping to the end of the thread to hopefully get past the Pokemon chatter. So far no luck!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In looking forward to completing my Dex just like in Let's Go. It all seems doable with minimal outside help if each new game is a subset.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

antidote posted:

I keep waiting a few days and then skipping to the end of the thread to hopefully get past the Pokemon chatter. So far no luck!

It will only get worse

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

antidote posted:

Please try to avoid off-topic posts in the dexit debate thread.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Is Pokemon a fun game by yourself?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Johnny Walker posted:

Is Pokemon a fun game by yourself?

yeah

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

antidote posted:

Yeah, pretty loving annoying when the nintendo console megathread discusses the current hot new release.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Having a Switch Lite is really making me want to actually finish games in my backlog.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Looks like there's a new Kunio game: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/stay-cool-kobayashi-san-a-river-city-ransom-story-switch/

Anyone play it yet?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Kin posted:

I've never really been that into the Pokemon games but with subscription based gaming being a thing now i do wonder if it's time for the format to change into an MMO one like it's always kind of mimicked.

I wouldn't be surprised if the the Pokemon fanbase is mad and mature enough to afford ongoing subscriptions and Nintendo/Gamefreak could probably rake in more cash from gamers at £5 a month vs £60 every 3 or so. It would give them a single platform/engine to just keep churning out new pokemon, lands, gyms, badges or whatever on.

Edit: Christ, they could make a free to play (lite) version of it or bundle some version of it with the Switch and watch as they rake in fortnite level numbers.

This is a terrible idea, Pokémon probably isn’t for you.

Go play something by EA maybe.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Nintendo is screwing us again!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Luigi's Mansion 3 has a sewer section where there's a single floating balloon. They didn't have the balls to make it red though 🎈

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Leal posted:

Nintendo is screwing us again!

They've been doing it for years. It's nothing new unfortunately.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Anyone play Neo Cab ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone play Neo Cab ?

Did anyone play that Stretchers game y'all were hype for?