Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

So I actually have a related question: is the new election intended to be for... all the congressional whatnot, or just for the presidency?

Because there were a bunch of non-presidential things on the ballot too, yeah?

I mean, no one knows that happens next. The person who had called for the next election has been forced to resign and most other leaders from his party have either resigned under threat of violence or fled the country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Wobbuffet posted:

*She

This 'democratically-elected president' who tried to commit fraud, ignored the February 21st referendum that the Bolivian majority voted against him running again, and who was running for a fourth term when it goes against our constitution?

Even with your incredibly slanted and uncharitable take that sounds WAY better than nazis. This shouldn't be a hard choice.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

joepinetree posted:

I mean, no one knows that happens next. The person who had called for the next election has been forced to resign and most other leaders from his party have either resigned under threat of violence or fled the country.

yeah i kinda figured the answer would be "nobody knows, let's find out"

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
you got nazis.

and like, not even the potentially deniable level of someone, somewhere in your movement there is a nazi.

They're straight up one of the oppo leaders and riding around on a loving truck with a giant swastika on it.

Wobbuffet
Nov 11, 2019

Morir antes que esclavos vivir!

Mischievous Mink posted:

Military coups are better than the dictatorship of people getting the candidate they voted for? And you think you're NOT the authoritarian here? Your only justification for this nonsense stance is that you pinkie swear lots of nazis are tired of being repressed. I'm not won over.

I find your comments reprehensible. If you deluded yourself into thinking that millions of Bolivians are Nazis, then there is absolutely nothing else I can say to you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wobbuffet posted:

*She

This 'democratically-elected president' who tried to commit fraud,

Where's your proof of this? OAS' claims have been largely discredited at this point.

quote:

ignored the February 21st referendum that the Bolivian majority voted against him running again, and who was running for a fourth term when it goes against our constitution?

The courts say otherwise, and the majority of your compatriots don't seem to mind, given the vote tallies.

Wobbuffet posted:

I find your comments reprehensible. If you deluded yourself into thinking that millions of Bolivians are Nazis, then there is absolutely nothing else I can say to you.

No one is saying millions of Bolivians are Nazis. What we are saying is that the coup leaders you're playing the apologist for are Nazis. You can tell by the swastikas and the show trials of leftists and the burning of ethnic minorities' symbols.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 11, 2019

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Der Waffle Mous posted:

you got nazis.

and like, not even the potentially deniable level of someone, somewhere in your movement there is a nazi.

They're straight up one of the oppo leaders and riding around on a loving truck with a giant swastika on it.

I for one welcome their contributions to the great “marketplace of ideas”

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Wobbuffet posted:

The fact that you have Nazis on your side is really breaking your brain, huh? You really have no thoughts when your faction in this coup happens to align with what nazis want? Literally your only excuse is "There are MILLIONS of us! We can't all be nazis!" Personally if Nazis were out waving the flag over a cause I was for, I'd not be doubling down on my beliefs.

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)
I have a tip to avoid being on the same side as the nazis in a conflict if politics are too complicated for you and you don't want to think too hard about it. Just try to look for which side has the swastikas and fascist symbols, then pick the other side. It's a good rule of thumb.

Wobbuffet
Nov 11, 2019

You guys say he is one of the opposition leaders but I have never seen him or heard about him until this thread. It's godawful that someone has a swastika on their car in Bolivia.

I still haven't figured out how to post videos here but La Paz is burning and it is burning because Morales supporters are lighting everything on fire.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Wobbuffet posted:

You guys say he is one of the opposition leaders but I have never seen him or heard about him until this thread. It's godawful that someone has a swastika on their car in Bolivia.

I still haven't figured out how to post videos here but La Paz is burning and it is burning because Morales supporters are lighting everything on fire.

You don't seem to have put a lot of research into your side, but frankly after a military coup I don't blame Morales supporters for fighting back against flag bearing nazis. Nazis should be opposed wherever they congregate.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Wobbuffet posted:

Just upload them to Youtube and link the YT video.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Wobbuffet posted:

If the opposition didn't want everything lit on fire maybe they shouldn't have couped the legitimate government, seems like a pretty reasonable response to the legitimate government getting couped to me.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Democracy in action lmao. Can't believe the mental fortitude of the libs still wringing their hands over Morales after all this has come out.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wobbuffet posted:

Upload it to youtube and post the link here, that's by far the easiest

Efb

Wobbuffet
Nov 11, 2019

Mischievous Mink posted:

You don't seem to have put a lot of research into your side, but frankly after a military coup I don't blame Morales supporters for fighting back against flag bearing nazis. Nazis should be opposed wherever they congregate.

So because one person here posted a guy from Twitter that called him the 'coup leader', he's now suddenly the opposition leader? That's laughable. Even the police video that was in that post said that it was some delinquents from that Santa Cruz radical group commiting crimes. Nothing about them being part of the opposition leadership.

Wobbuffet
Nov 11, 2019

https://youtu.be/5KSA8KQl-48

Didn't upload this one personally. Is this how you link videos?

Edit: https://youtu.be/bM17QJiwi50

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Ah, so it was just a totally unrelated Nazi death squad that happened to be in the area at the time killing the new coup regime's enemies. Cool.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Ok look Morales broke the rules, ok? So now the nazis get to rule. Asi son las cosas. Fair play. Everyone knows that.

Also these claims that they are only a little bit nazi are on pretty weak grounds considering all the flag burning.

Also also, lol at this article

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/11/bolivians-jam-streets-celebrate-presidents-resignation/

quote:

Jubilant crowds packed the streets of La Paz Sunday to celebrate the abrupt resignation of Bolivian President Evo Morales, Latin America's longest serving leader, after weeks of protest over his disputed re-election.

"THIS is my only flag," shouted a young masked man in a white helmet, waving the Bolivia's red, yellow and green emblem. Nearby, a group of people worked to lower the "whipala", a checkered flag that represents indigenous cultures

H-hurray...?

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Mischievous Mink posted:

The fact that you have Nazis on your side is really breaking your brain, huh? You really have no thoughts when your faction in this coup happens to align with what nazis want? Literally your only excuse is "There are MILLIONS of us! We can't all be nazis!" Personally if Nazis were out waving the flag over a cause I was for, I'd not be doubling down on my beliefs.

Bob le Moche posted:

I have a tip to avoid being on the same side as the nazis in a conflict if politics are too complicated for you and you don't want to think too hard about it. Just try to look for which side has the swastikas and fascist symbols, then pick the other side. It's a good rule of thumb.

So if this is a military coup, and is lead by Nazis, then I guess your position is that the Bolivian military is lead by Nazis? :allears:

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

ANIME AKBAR posted:

So if this is a military coup, and is lead by Nazis, then I guess your position is that the Bolivian military is lead by Nazis? :allears:

Nobody said the Nazis are leading the military, they're just a big gross aspect of the pro-coup faction. I guess your position is if they don't have a Hitler cosplayer personally taking the presidential position there's no need to be concerned by them? You're a dipshit.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ANIME AKBAR posted:

I, for one, have never heard of far-right-wing generals engaging in coups against left-wing leaders.

Wobbuffet
Nov 11, 2019

Det_no posted:

Ok look Morales broke the rules, ok? So now the nazis get to rule. Asi son las cosas. Fair play. Everyone knows that.

Also these claims that they are only a little bit nazi are on pretty weak grounds considering all the flag burning.

Also also, lol at this article

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/11/11/bolivians-jam-streets-celebrate-presidents-resignation/

H-hurray...?

No sé cuántas veces tengo que repetir que la wiphala no sé debería, ni por nada del mundo, ser quemada.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Mischievous Mink posted:

Nobody said the Nazis are leading the military, they're just a big gross aspect of the pro-coup faction.
Is this based on something other than that... ***checks notes***... one tweet?

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Wobbuffet posted:

No sé cuántas veces tengo que repetir que la wiphala no sé debería, ni por nada del mundo, ser quemada.

It's one thing to keep saying "Woah but I didn't know the violent military coup were racist nazis" but it begs the question of why you refuse to change your position at all in light of that fact. Nazis and racists loving suck, but there are ~millions~ of people on their side and Morales is a dictator by popular demand who has done a lot of good for the disadvantaged of the country and betterment of everyone. You're just plugging your ears and pretending you're not siding with evil. That's why nobody is satisfied with your stance.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Wobbuffet posted:

Well that's nice and all but they are doing it anyway. And those they are not burning, they are removing.

quote:

Police took down the "whipala" from major public buildings, including the Legislative Palace, the Electoral Tribunal and the General Police Command.

Shortly before, the right-wing civic leader who commanded the popular rebellion over a disputed election in October that gave Morales a fourth term, Luis Fernando Camacho, kept his promise to enter the old government palace with a symbolic letter of resignation for Morales in one hand and a Bible in the other.

As many in this thread have said already, we are all sure you have the best intentions but a pretty significant chunk of your fellow opposition members don't seem to. In fact, they behave in pretty alarming ways.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Wobbuffet, can you respond to this twitter thread which seems to be a pretty clear discrediting of the OAS claims of fraud?

https://twitter.com/kevinmcashman/status/1193703918624108544

Also, didn't your nation's highest court rule that term limits are unconstitutional? Do you think Bolivians shouldn't obey their highest court?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wobbuffet posted:

It's great that you don't support it, but...it clearly doesn't bother you that much. If it did, you wouldn't, you know. Be playing the coup apologist so stolidly.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
How long will it take to capture La Paz? 2 days
Will Morales be killed? Yes
Total Bolivian civillian casualties: 500 dead
Total military casualties Bolivia: 3000 dead
Total military casualties U.S.: 15 dead
Will the Bolivian army regulars hold the lines? No
Will the Colorados fight to the end? No
Will chem/bio weapons be used on invading troops?: Yes
Will Morales launch attacks on the Andeans? Yes
Will Morales launch attacks on Brazil? No
-If yes; will Brazil retaliate harshly? Yes
Will Morales sacrifice La Paz (gas/nuke it)? No
Will the Andeans make a grab for independence? Yes
Will Chile do anything silly like try for land? Yes
Will Morales burn the oil fields? Yes
How long will the US be occupying Bolivia? ~15 years
Will the Bolivian war catalyze increased terrorism in America? No
In the long run, will this war be good or bad for the world? Good

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Wobbuffet posted:

what uncharacteristic black-and-white thinking. think of the nuance! there have been mistakes on both sides. for example, the opposition is gleefully burning symbols of the indigenous peoples of Bolivia, but the indigenous peoples of Bolivia -did- talk back to the people using them as slave labor every once in a while, so in a sense, don't they have some retribution coming?

much like Morales' family members deserved to have their houses burned down, and every member of his political party in the line of succession needed to be dragged before a kangaroo court by masked gunmen to renounce their positions, because opposition figures are just so gosh-darned scared of the violent rhetoric of the left.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Wobbuffet posted:

*She

This 'democratically-elected president' who tried to commit fraud, ignored the February 21st referendum that the Bolivian majority voted against him running again, and who was running for a fourth term when it goes against our constitution?

All of this can be true and it can still be a coup. The coup happened the day he called for election, literally inviting in foreign actors to facilitate it. The military didn't even wait to tip their hand.

Wobbuffet
Nov 11, 2019

Mischievous Mink posted:

It's one thing to keep saying "Woah but I didn't know the violent military coup were racist nazis" but it begs the question of why you refuse to change your position at all in light of that fact. Nazis and racists loving suck, but there are ~millions~ of people on their side and Morales is a dictator by popular demand who has done a lot of good for the disadvantaged of the country and betterment of everyone. You're just plugging your ears and pretending you're not siding with evil. That's why nobody is satisfied with your stance.

I'm not changing my stance on the opposition because the only claim that an opposition leader is a Nazi is from a random tweet. And in that said tweet, there's a video of a policeman saying that there were Nazi vandals causing chaos in Santa Cruz. How this was linked to Bolivian opposition I have no idea.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Wobbuffet posted:

I'm not changing my stance on the opposition because the only claim that an opposition leader is a Nazi is from a random tweet. And in that said tweet, there's a video of a policeman saying that there were Nazi vandals causing chaos in Santa Cruz. How this was linked to Bolivian opposition I have no idea.

You should change your stance because military coups are bad. It's that simple.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wobbuffet posted:

And in that said tweet, there's a video of a policeman saying that there were Nazi vandals causing chaos in Santa Cruz. How this was linked to Bolivian opposition I have no idea.

oh my

Wobbuffet
Nov 11, 2019

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

what uncharacteristic black-and-white thinking. think of the nuance! there have been mistakes on both sides. for example, the opposition is gleefully burning symbols of the indigenous peoples of Bolivia, but the indigenous peoples of Bolivia -did- talk back to the people using them as slave labor every once in a while, so in a sense, don't they have some retribution coming?

much like Morales' family members deserved to have their houses burned down, and every member of his political party in the line of succession needed to be dragged before a kangaroo court by masked gunmen to renounce their positions, because opposition figures are just so gosh-darned scared of the violent rhetoric of the left.

*Sigh* No matter how much I detest Evo Morales and his party, the wiphala has a rich, centuries old history for the indigenous people of Bolivia and people who are burning it are definitely in the wrong.

I already mentioned how I do not condone anyone's house being burnt down. And speaking about arson, Evo sympathizers are burning down multiple houses here in La Paz right now.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Wobbuffet posted:

*Sigh* No matter how much I detest Evo Morales and his party, the wiphala has a rich, centuries old history for the indigenous people of Bolivia and people who are burning it are definitely in the wrong.

I already mentioned how I do not condone anyone's house being burnt down. And speaking about arson, Evo sympathizers are burning down multiple houses here in La Paz right now.

"Can't believe people aren't just peacefully accepting the coup, this is why we needed a coup."

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~

Majorian posted:

The courts say otherwise, and the majority of your compatriots don't seem to mind, given the vote tallies.
Hey Majoran of all the nasty poo poo you've posted tonight this one really stands out. I presume if RBG were to keel over tomorrow and Roe v Wade were to be overturned next week you'd shrug your shoulders and say "not much to complain about, after all Trump has a 40% approval rating!"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wobbuffet posted:

*Sigh* No matter how much I detest Evo Morales and his party

Why do you detest Evo Morales and his party? It seems to me like all he's done is, A, make life better for the underclasses of Bolivia, and B, run for another term, which the country's Supreme Court ruled as legal.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Wobbuffet posted:

The problems are bad! But the causes? Those are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wobbuffet
Nov 11, 2019

Majorian posted:

It's great that you don't support it, but...it clearly doesn't bother you that much. If it did, you wouldn't, you know. Be playing the coup apologist so stolidly.

And this where I solidly disagree with the majority of you. You guys see this as a coup, me and millions of other Bolivianos view this as an authoritarian stepping down from power after the people had enough of his illegal bid for the presidency.