Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

So far Pidcock has been consistently Cool & Good on every issue she's commented on. Think she's a good'un.

Farage's move today seems precisely calculated to try and ensure a hung parliament next time. Not standing against incumbent Tories, so they're more likely to hold on, whilst standing against incumbent Labour, so they're more likely to hold on.

I admire your optimism but I'm certain the game is going to be to encourage traditional Tories floating towards BXP to the Tories and Labour floaters towards BXP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Private Speech posted:

I mean yeah, but then:

Is making me a bit wary.

They need to prove it first and that’s the exact reason they knock to get in then entrap you by scouting your home for connections and any TVs in the property, it’s why they go window peering as well, it’s a hideous practice and if you deny them entry they can’t prove a loving thing. These magical devices that detect signals don’t exist on this scale, trust me, it’s a massive scare tactic. People get caught because they willingly let them in to try and be good citizens and it’s an absolute farce. Given the money they rake in the programming is loving shocking as well and should be abolished entirely.

Don’t do it yourself, I at least have 6 years of electronics engineering under my belt so I know the nuances of it all and wouldn’t recommend joe average trying this sort of thing or you’ll probably get trapped.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Nov 11, 2019

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Ms Adequate posted:

So far Pidcock has been consistently Cool & Good on every issue she's commented on. Think she's a good'un.

Farage's move today seems precisely calculated to try and ensure a hung parliament next time. Not standing against incumbent Tories, so they're more likely to hold on, whilst standing against incumbent Labour, so they're more likely to hold on.

maybe he sees having a brexit deadlock as a good chance to grift even more or plant the seeds to make the tories go full fash

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Ms Adequate posted:

The eternal Brexit. Farage is a political Mastermind.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
sorry about yr country

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

RockyB posted:

Eh, confirmation bias and monkeys with a better class of typewriter. We ignore the 1000 reams of shite for the one moment of sublime :discourse: . Still fun to see what it generates though.

Anyway, Jess Flaps did a thing. Are we sure she isn't a PissFlaps alt?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/10/jess-phillips-politics-of-hatred-social-change-labour

She used I, Me, or My 62 times in that article and then ended it with this

quote:

The Labour party is bigger than any one of us and if it didn’t exist we would have to invent it. The struggle is real.

:ironicat:

Ash Crimson posted:

Pretty much, I can only hope it spurs scottish independence, I want to get off this sinking ship asap

There are so many delusional Gammons in the UK who will vote to gently caress us all over, sick of being told to respect their humanity even as they lack any, just look them in their eyes and you will see there's just nothing behind them, as dead as the eyes of a crab

Are you having another normal one after last time?

Comrades, Hope is Not a Lie.

Don’t go full blackpill on this, anyone, you’ll only end up demoralising your fellow comrades who are working to prevent exactly what you don’t want happening.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Dabir posted:

Also, broadcast airwaves were a limited resource in the analogue days (maybe still are? I don't know how they work), whereas any old idiot can get some paper and print a magazine to hand out on the street.

Spectrum is still a limited resource, we can just use it far more efficiently. Even if that weren't the case it would still require some form of regulation because there's no way that one newspaper can just print their paper loud enough that the others can't print (although gently caress knows the Mail and Express have tried).

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Ms Adequate posted:

I was thinking myself it's probably designed to keep his grift going. As soon as Brexit is done, one way or another, Farage's reason for appearing all over the loving place is done as well, until the next grift comes up.

Also to the surprise of loving no-one:
https://twitter.com/MichaelH14/status/1193935656923402241

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Are you having another normal one after last time?

Comrades, Hope is Not a Lie.

Don’t go full blackpill on this, anyone, you’ll only end up demoralising your fellow comrades who are working to prevent exactly what you don’t want happening.

I'm not going blackpill, but things will get worse if Labour doesn't get in, I don't know how long this country can keep having utter wanknobs running us into the ground and having bloviating, elderly boomer types drown us in their gammony rhetoric and bile

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I admire your optimism but I'm certain the game is going to be to encourage traditional Tories floating towards BXP to the Tories and Labour floaters towards BXP.

Well yes, but if they float towards BXP rather than the Tories that still ultimately dilutes the right-wing vote over where it could have been, and with FPTP that could make a huge difference.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

maybe he sees having a brexit deadlock as a good chance to grift even more or plant the seeds to make the tories go full fash

Definitely. If Brexit happens he's done, if it gets cancelled he can shout for a bit but chances are most non-fanatics are going to be so tired they just shrug and move on. The grift goes on as long as Brexit doesn't actually happen.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

I recognised this as a few months old from the "your fault as the opposition" line, it rankled then and it rankles now.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm thinking that Farage pulling this stunt is probably going to backfire. Whoever was going to vote for the Brexitters probably used to vote Tory anyway, and now it looks like Farage & co are just a Tory subsidiary.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ash Crimson posted:

I'm not going blackpill, but things will get worse if Labour doesn't get in, I don't know how long this country can keep having utter wanknobs running us into the ground and having bloviating, elderly boomer types drown us in their gammony rhetoric and bile

20 or 30 years, max, one way or another; either they all die or the climate wars render current political norms irrelevant anyway.

Ms Adequate posted:

Well yes, but if they float towards BXP rather than the Tories that still ultimately dilutes the right-wing vote over where it could have been, and with FPTP that could make a huge difference.

Definitely. If Brexit happens he's done, if it gets cancelled he can shout for a bit but chances are most non-fanatics are going to be so tired they just shrug and move on. The grift goes on as long as Brexit doesn't actually happen.

Concur; Farage would be ruined if Brexit actually happened; he'd lose his cushy MEP position, he'd lose his major soapbox, and he'd actualy have to follow through on making things better or be torn apart by his fans.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I'll admit I'm not that interested in buildings, but I see it now - you have an incredible knack for very interesting replies. This was all cool stuff to read, thankyou!

Also, this video was apparently shadowbanned from reddit's frontpage, but is a very intetesting so far (if long) piece about the history of the internet (SA gets a brief mention!). Very interesting from the perspective of a veteran of the internet that was, particularly how profoundly weird it is that everyone just gives out their real names now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU6CuSMzNus

E: ok, having watched the whole thing, it's good right up to the song.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 11, 2019

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also, this video was apparently shadowbanned from reddit's frontpage, but is a very intetesting so far (if long) piece about the history of the internet (SA gets a brief mention!). Very interesting from the perspective of a veteran of the internet that was, particularly how profoundly weird it is that everyone just gives out their real names now.

wait, is that not your real name?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm thinking that Farage pulling this stunt is probably going to backfire. Whoever was going to vote for the Brexitters probably used to vote Tory anyway, and now it looks like Farage & co are just a Tory subsidiary.

I’m thinking along this line too. I had a peek on the local fash rag KentOnline and quite a few gammons are steaming mad about Farage pulling candidates for precisely that reason. It’s possible many will not vote at all.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

particularly how profoundly weird it is that everyone just gives out their real names now.

This is seriously weird and doesn't feel right being called by my real name on the pod lmao

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

wait, is that not your real name?
my real name is frances w

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I forgot how funny Schneider can be when his anti Corbyn brainspiders are aimed elsewhere:
https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1193909381265530880

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Lord Ludikrous posted:

I’m thinking along this line too. I had a peek on the local fash rag KentOnline and quite a few gammons are steaming mad about Farage pulling candidates for precisely that reason. It’s possible many will not vote at all.

Evie Martin in Swale has been very quiet since the news broke.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
I know it's too much to ask for but I would love it if some of the dropped candidates broke away and formed the continuity bxp

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DTraynier/status/1193946002144813056?s=19

You ever realise you're in a simulation of reality designed to test how much you'll take before you call bullshit?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Positive canvassing session today, the new estates are full of young families and a lot of them are quite amenable to labour policies, even the ones with enough for a deposit. The intergenerational war is real.

Also wish to extend a personal thanks to Josef because it's positivity like yours that helps me get out and do something, also a big naked willy waving two fingers to all the doomsayers.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 11, 2019

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/DebbieSayers/status/1193948348514021379

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

what do you call a u-turn on a u-turn? a roundabout? a chicane?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

what do you call a u-turn on a u-turn? a roundabout? a chicane?

A spiral, the tories are a junji ito book.

Just a big ol' spiral going right into boris's head, leaking shale gas.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

That video is some hilarious poo poo, highly recommended.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have really bad wisdom tooth pain :(

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

That sucks.

Glad to hear you're gonna bring some wisdom to the cast in the future though.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Know them feels, sister. I've had them on and off for yeaaaaaaaaaaars

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Rarity posted:

As in they're coming out?

I got all mine by like, 18.

I find for tooth pain you might actually better with lidocaine spray than tablets, just don't swallow it.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Get some bonjela or the liquid they use for dry sockets to numb it out - I’d give you codeine if it were as simple as pming you some. Aspirin was a pretty solid relief for me.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 11, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Rarity posted:

Sorry to hear that, mine were cunts coming in D:

Lol that the tories didn't realise that they were meant to keep up the pretence of a ban until AFTER the election tho

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They've been breaking through off and on for the last few years and the dicks at the dentists refuse to take them out. Sometimes it's better than other times but this latest hit is a real bitch. I've spent way too much time this year on ibuprofen :sigh:

mehall posted:

Glad to hear you're gonna bring some wisdom to the cast in the future though.

Excuse me, have you met me?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

e: this isn't the drugs forum, post ill advised

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It’s advice for wisdom teeth narco, not trading 2-ci

Codeine is still otc in a number of places

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Rarity do you want some gentle but thorough tongue massaging of your mouth :heysexy:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Wisdom teeth pain is the worst, my advice is to take a horrible cocktail of drugs and hope you pass out for a week

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Chewing coca leaves is great for dental pain, but of course they made them as illegal as crack because of a racist UN report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

Condolences, I had one of my wisdom teeth break in half a while back and it was very not fun :smith: