Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Casimir Radon posted:

This is a bit worse than getting extreme sadbrains over some girl, but it's still a 19 year old's mistake.

I was more referring to enlisting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Hes a 19 year old kid working towards gun control because he was at a loving school shooting two years ago. I'm not going to call him dumb when bad actors try to manipulate the truth when he is going out there doing everything he can to enact chance. I know we love tearing down leftists around here, but this is an actual child for fucks sake.

And besides, you can do that stupid meme poo poo to literally anyone. It takes five seconds on google to find a picture of Bernie palling around with white supremacists.

19 year old "kid" lol

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

everybody younger than me is a kid.

everybody older than me is a boomer.

everybody my age is a superposition of those two states until the waveform collapses.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

everyone is my age

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

everyone younger than me is a boot

everyone older than me is an overbearing prick

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

I was more referring to enlisting.
At least enlisting paid for college. The sadbrains didn't have any sort of positive side effects.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Beyond 21 age is a social construct. Before 21 you are deemed too inexperienced to be allowed to make most choices.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I will forever be a veteran and a child, because growing up and being mature is a lie we tell ourselves to ruin our lives.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

in other current events, I'll need to find a new twitter to follow for Roger Stone trial live posting.

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1193654183062147072

She's one of Buzzfeed's legal/court reporters, covering a lot of the legal shenanigans in Trump's orbit.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Girl from hs whos still in is sharing a few of these

How pissy do you guys think some people will get?

Stravag fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 11, 2019

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Meh, who cares. I don't mention being in unless it's to convince other people not to join.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Stravag posted:

How many "not veterans" died on 9/11 at the pentagon?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Stravag posted:

She understands that Crowder is wrong af and not worth engaging, right?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This, except there are no non-rear end in a top hat troopers.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Viva Miriya posted:

19 year old "kid" lol

That's absolutely a kid. A big one, but still a kid. gently caress, most adults are still children.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Stravag posted:

Apparently I qualify despite not deploying until I'd been in for 10 years, and to one of the safest places there is. Great logic there.

I really wish Crowder hadn't become a meme. He scrambled the brains of a guy in my shop pretty badly.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
thinking about the true veterans on remembrance day

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/adamserwer/status/1193891733857284096?s=21

Chichevache posted:

That's absolutely a kid. A big one, but still a kid. gently caress, most adults are still children.

hosed up that so many kids get put in cages then.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

mlmp08 posted:

Agreed 100%.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

A time where "ok boomer" can be used on a zoomer.

Yeah he really missed an opportunity

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chichevache posted:

That's a young adult. That ain't no kid. They may not know poo poo about life but calling them a child, I feel is just dismissive. They're grown enough to be a dumbass all on their own and figure this poo poo out, just like everyone else did.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

She understands that Crowder is wrong af and not worth engaging, right?

Im not sure tbh. Shes been in 11 years so she may be kinda brokebrained. Do armorers get more or less brokebrained from their time in?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

A goon's cousin is super into airsoft and i think he referred to his long weekend airsoft trip to georgia near the big base there as a deployment.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Hot Karl Marx posted:

o7

Just got me a free Little Caesars lunch special, w00t.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Viva Miriya posted:

That's a young adult. That ain't no kid. They may not know poo poo about life but calling them a child, I feel is just dismissive. They're grown enough to be a dumbass all on their own and figure this poo poo out, just like everyone else did.

Young adult are children. They don’t have all the rights and privileges adults have.

Let’s share a beer over it and discuss it more. That is unless you are younger than 21 I suppose.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/adamserwer/status/1193891733857284096?s=21

Didn't King run guns to the IRA back in the 80s?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Viva Miriya posted:

You qualify it as "young adult" and not adult because you know drat well there is a huge difference. I'm 30. If I get divorced tomorrow and start hanging around with 18 year old girls would you think there is something off about that? I'm willing to bet you would.

I'm not infantilizing "young adults", I'm just not holding them to the same standards as someone with a little bit of life experience whose brain has finished developing. They're different.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

How many "not veterans" died on 9/11 at the pentagon?

Depends, had any of them deployed?

Are Nidal Hassan's victims "Veterans?"

Is George W. Bush a "Veteran?"

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

BigDave posted:

Not directly, but he was a huge supporter of NorAID.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/1193943010993737729

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BigDave posted:

He raised a ton of money for them back before he rebranded himself as a terrorism expert. He likes to make lame excuses about how that wasn't terrorism because they didn't kill Americans They did

I remember watching some thing one time about how parents in the late 70s and early 80s abandoned their families at a pretty high rate because they weren't happy. Can't seem to find anything about that. Really would add to the picture about Boomers being a generation of sociopaths if I could find it.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Your brain doesn't stop development until like 25. Before that you are still making decisions on an incomplete thought process.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

I remember watching some thing one time about how parents in the late 70s and early 80s abandoned their families at a pretty high rate because they weren't happy. Can't seem to find anything about that. Really would add to the picture about Boomers being a generation of sociopaths if I could find it.

You're likely thinking of the passage of the first no-fault divorce law in California (under Reagan) in 1970. It spread to the rest of the country fairly rapidly after and contributed significantly to the spike in divorce rates in the 70s and 80s.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://youtu.be/JYvL5cUj5ds

Hes doing a multipart runthrough of major and minor wars the us was in. Id only heard of like a quarter of these

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

GoGoGadget posted:

Your brain doesn't stop development until like 25. Before that you are still making decisions on an incomplete thought process.

I maintain that I was a dumbass until at least 27, if not [today].

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Confirmed: I’m still a dumbass

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Risk assessment is the last skillset that your brain develops. Sometimes social situations can force you to do it earlier. It's roughly age 25 for women and 27 for men.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

This is my phone background

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

And I maintain that while Hogg is very much a young person who should be allowed some flexibility and understanding in his personal conduct, he is also very much a public figure who is taking a very profound advocacy stance on a major issue, and as such, he’s being held to a higher standard, fairly or otherwise. At the very least, he should have asked himself whether meeting with members of a violent fascist street gang was a good idea or not. it never is

Also, here’s a battle cry for the 21st century... or something.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1193919369153261568?s=20

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

“Something”

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Hmm yes what happened a hundred and one years ago that might make a nation behave like this...we may never know.

Not pictured: the first quoted poster attempting start a fight with Russell Howard for some reason.

It's dumb. It's over the top. It ain't a death cult.

Plastic_Gargoyle fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
There is nothing that could happen that would make that horse hair display make sense.