Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

[75 hours into Death Stranding] Sam. Die-Hardman here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
a decade+ of jake uncharted jokes and kojima just called his character jake deliveryman ups

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

HolePisser1982 posted:

i keep on having to field questions from my friend, who exclusively relies on giant bomb coverage, about how hosed up the game is, if there’s actually good stuff in there, how long before it gets fun, etc and its really maddening. that website is loving AIDS

The amount of people who quit after 2 hours or haven't even played it and say its trash is astounding.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

a decade+ of jake uncharted jokes and kojima just called his character jake deliveryman ups

lol remember when kojima renamed snake to make sure everyone knew he was an old man now,. i love that man's brain

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If you don't like something within the first two hours it's insane to keep trying to play it, in this gamer's opinion.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

If you don't like something within the first two hours it's insane to keep trying to play it, in this gamer's opinion.

Yeah, it makes a lot more sense to me than the people who play it 60 hours and talk poo poo about it the whole time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

good thing this game is a delight instantly

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

In Training posted:

I went to get some coffee and idled in there after a long delivery and when I came back Normal Reedus smelled his armpits, pointed at the camera and then pointed emphatically at the shower and grunted.

The fourth wall breaking stuff is so tonally weird but I love it

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Wormskull posted:

It not being your thing is fine, I'm taking more about people calling it the worst AAA title of all time after only playing a couple hours

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yesterday I was waiting for a timefall storm to pass at the farm so I just sat down inside the doorway and went to sleep in-game for 10 real-time minutes listening to the rainfall. It was chill af

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

This game is so loving good like not only novel conceptually and interesting narratively but like, one of the most perfectly designed games ive ever played

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I love the lonely atmosphere of the game, it’s really well-executed.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I love the lonely atmosphere of the game, it’s really well-executed.

I was genuinely shocked to see other friendly porters walking around making deliveries

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The bit at the beginning where you’re walking along with your load, and the camera pans out while you’re still in control to show the big rocky plains you’re climbing around in with no people, animals, or buildings in sight, and that melancholy song starts playing is an all-time gaming moment imo

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
anyone here never play a kojima game before this?

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

The bit at the beginning where you’re walking along with your load, and the camera pans out while you’re still in control to show the big rocky plains you’re climbing around in with no people, animals, or buildings in sight, and that melancholy song starts playing is an all-time gaming moment imo

"don't be so serious" is good advice regarding this game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

heeheex2 posted:

anyone here never play a kojima game before this?

The last kojima game i played was mgsv which was a pile of poo poo

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
urggh i shouldnt be spending money rn but im going to buy this game today

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Ppl need to just pull the trigger on this blind and not try to read a bunch of reviews and watch streams and poo poo like that and ruin it not for like a spoilers reason just for the experience

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Friend just texted me "Have you played that new game death stranding?" :getin:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I was a fool and thought this tv spot was lying about the game but no this is actually what the game is like and it's good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw2k6eNzS4Y

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

elf help book posted:

ive got a normal ps4 and it doesnt seem hosed up or framy, its a beautiful game

I think it’s worth noting that Death Stranding, a game quickly cobbled together on the Decima engine by former Fox engine devs, performs significantly better across the board than Horizon Zero Dawn, the game that the Decima engine was specifically designed from the ground up for

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think it’s worth noting that Death Stranding, a game quickly cobbled together on the Decima engine by former Fox engine devs, performs significantly better across the board than Horizon Zero Dawn, the game that the Decima engine was specifically designed from the ground up for
Also it has characters with facial expressions

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It looks way better too, the environments are some of the best looking I've ever seen in a game. I'm just playing on a base PS4, and the performance has been pretty much rock solid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only time I've seen the framerate drop is when getting a vehicle out of my garage. but thats basically jsut a loading screen anyway. Playing this bad boy again on PC with 60fps will be delightful

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

There's a big area of columnar basalt and it made me pine for my father's homeland

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i got a car stuck sideways between two rocks, right next to a river. i opened the cargo menu and took everything i needed onto my back, and as soon as i left the menu sam fell over into the river, everything spilled everywhere, the framerate tanked for a split second, and i laughed my rear end off

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/joaquinsjoker/status/1193495104927019008?s=21

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Do the big BTs that show up when you get grabbed look like squids for everyone? I heard someone else say it was a scorpion for them and based on the birthdate entry at the start I'm wondering if it's based on your zodiac sign

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Do the big BTs that show up when you get grabbed look like squids for everyone? I heard someone else say it was a scorpion for them and based on the birthdate entry at the start I'm wondering if it's based on your zodiac sign

It looks like a whale/squid hybrid for me.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Doesn't top the MGSV birthday cutscene but it's close

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

goferchan posted:

mine is a whale for aquarius

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i think that guy just got super scared by the BT and in the panic it looked like a scorpion

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

my BTs are a Big ol pair of Titties haha. was born under the sign of the twins. never woulda thought to connect the dots or mention it tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i think that guy just got super scared by the BT and in the panic it looked like a scorpion

Lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

popping a sick wheely then speedboosting over a jump with the trike to escape MULES

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or your friend has no idea what a scorpion is.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

popping a sick wheely then speedboosting over a jump with the trike to escape MULES

I smacked a MULE head on on a vehicle and felt really bad about it and got out to check that I didn't kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Or your friend has no idea what a scorpion is.

No dude. It was a scorpion for sure. Had the beak and everything.