Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mulloy posted:

Am I insane for thinking Veidt's actually in the statue and that Trieu is using magic science to keep him in a brain prison? And stuff disappearing via the catapult is like the edge of where the brain matrix renders?

Yeah, I’ve been thinking this too. Everyone seems so sure that he’s on mars or whatever, but with all the weird poo poo going on around Veidt, and the wacky turn of the century super science tech, my first thought was he’s just being kept in a coma or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
OK guys but what if Lube Man is actually Angela's husband and he's just trying to look out for her :3:

cowbeef posted:

To add more nonsense to the "mystery box", I think that the image of mitosis itself looks like a Rorschach ink blot...mirrored down the middle. The Kalvary has been around for a while, but if someone is raining down populations of cloned squids, I wonder if it's possible that some of the masked Kalvary members are also clones being commanded by some power (Keene?) to push an agenda. Maybe they were collecting those watch magnets to help fuel whatever technology that Trieu and Vedit are using to make clones?

Now I'm just more confused after writing this out.

i do like the call out that eggs, clones, symmetry, rorschachs etc. are all linked, but I don't think the 7K is clones. just weird that every single episode so far has had a pointed reference to eggs :shrug:

Also a question, does anyone have any indication how much time passed between the intro scene of Trieu buying the farm and current day? I saw the infrastructure/buildings pop in but didn't see anything to ground in specific times.

Jay-V fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Nov 11, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Codependent Poster posted:

Could it be that the statue we just saw of him, looking like the current aged Veidt, is actually him and he was transformed into it?

That was my take too which actually made me feel a little bit of pity for him

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Jay-V posted:

OK guys but what if Lube Man is actually Angela's husband and he's just trying to look out for her :3:

i do like the call out that eggs, clones, symmetry, rorschachs etc. are all linked, but I don't think the 7K is clones. just weird that every single episode so far has had a pointed reference to eggs :shrug:

Lube Man
Lube Man
Does whatever a Lube can
Squirts a slick
Any size
Catches Sister Night by surprise

Look out!
There squirts the Lube-y Man

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lubeman, come together with your hands
Save me, I'm together with your plan
Save me
Save me with your hands

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

beanieson posted:

Yeah, I’ve been thinking this too. Everyone seems so sure that he’s on mars or whatever, but with all the weird poo poo going on around Veidt, and the wacky turn of the century super science tech, my first thought was he’s just being kept in a coma or something.

The steampunk is a little strange, but between this episode and last I think we have sufficient evidence that Veidt is being held in a small physical region outside of which it is very cold. It's not impossible that he's actually in Karnak.

If Trieu is the Comedian's Vietnamese daughter, it raises the question of how she was saved. It's not impossible that Manhattan did it after the scene in the comic ends.

BTW, did anyone notice that when Laurie takes Petey to bed she makes him wear his domino mask?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Lubeman is going to end up saving the day at the end. Just wait.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Lubeman is going to end up saving the day at the end. Just wait.

If Lubeman really is Petey then I wooouldn't count on it. Lindelof hasn't had the best experiences with fanboys.

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing
i’m loving the ratio itt of cspammers to people who use words like “amazeballs”

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
So does Looking Glass just live in a bunker? When he was eating dinner watching TV a few episodes ago, it looked more like a normal house.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
She walked past his house to get to the bunker. It's a repurposed nuclear fallout shelter in his yard.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Yeah it’s his dark room/batcave

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

Lube Man
Lube Man
Does whatever a Lube can
Squirts a slick
Any size
Catches Sister Night by surprise

Look out!
There squirts the Lube-y Man

Lube Man
(aaaaaaaahhhh)
Fighter of the Dry Man
(aaaaaaaahhhh)
Champion of the Run
(aaaaaaaahhhh))
You're a master of the slipping and sliding for everyone

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
"Lubeman, I thought you rediscovered your interest in human life again?"

"Yes. I think perhaps I'll go lube some up somewhere."

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.
Down at Gila Flats someone left their tube of K-Y in the intrinsic field chamber. December.... a thoroughly lubricated glowing anus walks down the hallway.

Question: why imprison Veidt and provide him with all these weird Downton Abbey frills instead of just shooting him in the head? What does his jailer need him for?

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Mulloy posted:

Am I insane for thinking Veidt's actually in the statue and that Trieu is using magic science to keep him in a brain prison? And stuff disappearing via the catapult is like the edge of where the brain matrix renders?

beanieson posted:

Seems entirely possible. They made reference to the "thermodynamic miracle" thing from the comic which Dr. Manhattan prefaced by saying that it's like something spontaneously becoming gold.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

Mulloy posted:

I thought this too and honestly thought it was so on the nose that this thread would be a bunch of people back-pedaling the mars thing but nope. They still think he's on mars and still think he's going to use a catapult to volley himself back to Earth like Wile-E-Coyote and connect with the main plot in 4000 years or however long it would take to float back to Earth.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's going to ride to earth on a spaceship made of corpses. And not just made of corpses, but powered by them too! As for food, well...

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
"by fortuitous chance, Dr. Manhattan gave his clones the ability to blast thick sticky ropes down the back of my throat, without which, I most certainly would have perished from hunger."

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

dick wizard posted:

"by fortuitous chance, Dr. Manhattan gave his clones the ability to blast thick sticky ropes down the back of my throat, without which, I most certainly would have perished from hunger."

That’s one hellova username post combo

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Jay-V posted:

Also a question, does anyone have any indication how much time passed between the intro scene of Trieu buying the farm and current day? I saw the infrastructure/buildings pop in but didn't see anything to ground in specific times.

I was wondering that too. But I don't think the field and down town are the same place no matter the time frame, because the clock is by the giant hovercraft hanger.

For adrain, he might have willingly give along to Mars) brain prison at first, he said that he thought this place was Paradise at first.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019
Manhattan's new found appreciation for the value of life kind of seems at odds with Adrian's industrial corpse production.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I think "Veidt is in a mind prison" is possible, but, I don't know, I still think the obvious answer is probably the right one.

First, Lindelof may like shocking reveals, but it's more about having characters that are compelling and that brush against one another. Veidt against Manhattan is just the more compelling narrative.

Second, again, the play had an audience and it wasn't just Veidt. The only person the play could have been thumbing its nose at is Manhattan.

So, to me, Manhattan has to be the captor. I still think the means is "Mars" but plot isn't as important as characters, imho

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
[]

a very large fish fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 12, 2019

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Weedle
May 31, 2006

As a native Tulsan I can say that Lube Guy is an extremely believable local character.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

lol I’m rewatching and I completely forgot about ya boy just casually dropping on his adopted kids that no, there is no heaven, this life is all that exists, & when you die you cease to exist.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Y'know... regardless of how this season turns out in the end (nothing ever ends), I think we can all really agree that Lindelof swung for the fences. This show is so loving cool.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

beanieson posted:

lol I’m rewatching and I completely forgot about ya boy just casually dropping on his adopted kids that no, there is no heaven, this life is all that exists, & when you die you cease to exist.

Man, chief Crawford ceased to exist in more ways than one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

beanieson posted:

Hahaha yeah I got a good laugh out of that. Truth be told, i don't know if it's more far fetched in the show's world or ours; after all, a literal superman exists. On the other, presumably he would tell people if he met god

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFNAxCIGcEs

Alternative video idea: Same clip but the Pepsiman song is playing.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 12, 2019

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

incredible

I seriously thought lube man was going to be self immolation man while he was running but before he got into the literal gutter.

With all the filth and politictions... and clowns

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 12, 2019

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Mulloy posted:

You're not insane because now you have me thinking that the statue is literally just Veidt converted into Gold by Doc Man and given to Trieu as some kind of gift.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

beanieson posted:

He forgot to clarify that your consciousness actually can survive death as long as you die from being ripped apart in an intrinsic field generator.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Why would Dr. Manhattan need a ship to get from Mars to Earth?

same reason God needed a starship

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

same reason God needed a starship

That is only to transport his monies, and some of his best money counters.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Y'know... regardless of how this season turns out in the end (nothing ever ends), I think we can all really agree that Lindelof swung for the fences. This show is so loving cool.

Definitely. I'm also struck by the strength of the acting and casting. I can't think of a weak character outside of the tertiary detectives, and they're still charming.

Anyone with any real amount of screen time has been fantastic throughout.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is it halfway over now? I thought it would be awful but I’m shocked by how much I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Soundtrack amazing again.

feedmyleg posted: