Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

RatHat posted:

Sound based moves do 50% more damage and it takes 50% less damage from sound based moves.

That's rad

I don't think there are soundbased Poison/Electric moves yet but I'm betting they have a signature move for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

toxtricity is legit going to be a lockdown for my team

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m also excited for the potential Gen 4 remakes could get

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

quote:

I understand not having animations for everything but could have at least like, avoided showing that with a camera change. Or some other trick.

That would require effort.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You are right, and the best part of BW2 is that stretch in the latter half of hte game where you're shoved into Triple battles left and right.

Didn't play BW2, but what I loved about Triples is that a lot more Pokemon were viable because there were few situations were an opponent could hard counter you. For example, Landorus-T was still a nuisance but with 3 Pokes focusing attacks on it, it would go down like a wet noodle. Also Triples were a lot more fast paced and stalling tactics only worked on late game, and you could either make your team completely around a single strategy (for example full rain abuse team) or you could split into 2 strategies (rain and sun abuse team).

On XY I had a trick room team that consisted of Dusclops, Talonflame, Clawitzer, Conkeldurr, Klefki and Tyrantrum. Leading line would be Talonflame, Dusclops and Klefki. Talonflame would use priority Brave Bird to nuke anything that would pose a threat to Dusclops while also diverting attention to himself, Klefki would use Crafty Shield to protect Dusclops from Taunt or Light Screen/Reflect, and Dusclops would use Trick Room. Talonflame generally did not survive the 1st turn (if it did Gale Winds would still allow it to move first), after which Conkeldurr comes in, gets burned by Dusclops and starts wrecking poo poo, Clawitzer comes in place of Klefki and heals Conkeldurr with Heal Pulse/burns targets with Scald, and Tyrantrum would use Head Smash to clear out the late game.

In ORAS Clawitzer got replaced by Mega Slowbro :hellyeah:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Rotation Battles > Triple Battles

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

RatHat posted:

Sound based moves do 50% more damage and it takes 50% less damage from sound based moves.

So Toxtricity has an effectively STAB Boomburst coming off of 114 special attack. :stonk:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Araxxor posted:

So Toxtricity has an effectively STAB Boomburst coming off of 114 special attack. :stonk:

Better, it has an actually STAB signature move that’s sound based

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

RatHat posted:

Better, it has an actually STAB signature move that’s sound based

I'm so thirsty for getting a better look at this bad boy's moveset so I can build a team of punks and no goodens around him.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
gamer hell yeah

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

This thread makes me tired.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

mutata posted:

This thread makes me tired.

Life makes me tired.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Countblanc posted:

gamer hell yeah

loving incredible

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

2005 era graphics aside there is just so much else halfassed about the game. Enjoy paying more money for a less finished version of a handheld game I guess?

Thanks, I will.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
gotta catch em some gotta catch em some

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Countblanc posted:

gamer hell yeah

game is officially good

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Thing is there is a lot of "oh looks new and cool" but that always wears off after a hour or two in.

If the pokemon home is basically the go hard battle system I'd probably forgive a lot. SanS being the adventure an Home being battle would simplify many issues. It'd be nice if they'd just be straight about things which I feel is 50% of the ire leveled, rightly so at GF.

We live in an age where very little makes it to release unkown, here being the entire game leaked before release, just be direct an people might be less salty about the game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Countblanc posted:

gamer hell yeah

Yesssss

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

For_Great_Justice posted:

Thing is there is a lot of "oh looks new and cool" but that always wears off after a hour or two in.

If the pokemon home is basically the go hard battle system I'd probably forgive a lot. SanS being the adventure an Home being battle would simplify many issues. It'd be nice if they'd just be straight about things which I feel is 50% of the ire leveled, rightly so at GF.

We live in an age where very little makes it to release unkown, here being the entire game leaked before release, just be direct an people might be less salty about the game.

I'm willing to bet that when the announced home bascially none of the actual functionality besides "I dunno it's bank with GTS trading?" had been planned out and I wouldn't be shocked if that's all it ends up being.

Or that plus some lovely flash minigames to get like...berries.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way I haven’t seen anyone mention it so here are the new gigantamaxes we learned of from the datamine: Snorlax, Melmetal, Orbeetle, Sandaconda, Toxtricity.

And yeah it’s confimed that Flapple and Appletun’s gigantamaxes have the same appearance but different stats and gigantamax moves.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

in a perfect world, home would absolutely be a platform to house pokemon and battle them with others and all that. we can only hope it'll include that at launch or be a thing soon introduced after launch.

it'd be cool if they'd told us literally anything about it but i guess we can chalk it up to nintendo being cagey as gently caress about letting info get out no matter what, even if it'd be something cool to make people feel less weird about it all

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Countblanc posted:

gamer hell yeah

See I would be totally fine if they snapped the old Darmanitan for this.

Maybe that's what GF should be doing going forward. Instead of adding new pokes, snap the trash design ones and introduce a new form.

Priority candidates should be Blastoise, Dewgong, Meganium, Feraligatr, Furret, Volbeat/Illumise, Zangoose, Crawdaunt, Tropius, Sealeo, Bibarel, Hippowdon, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Tangrowth, gen 5 monkeys, Throh/Sawk, Basculin, Zoroak, Chesnaught, Diggersby, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Goodra.

Gen 7+ designs are all top notch

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
https://twitter.com/sio0x0/status/1184448173156098048

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

lezard_valeth posted:

See I would be totally fine if they snapped the old Darmanitan for this.

Maybe that's what GF should be doing going forward. Instead of adding new pokes, snap the trash design ones and introduce a new form.

Priority candidates should be Blastoise, Dewgong, Meganium, Feraligatr, Furret, Volbeat/Illumise, Zangoose, Crawdaunt, Tropius, Sealeo, Bibarel, Hippowdon, Rhyperior, Magmortar, Tangrowth, gen 5 monkeys, Throh/Sawk, Basculin, Zoroak, Chesnaught, Diggersby, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Goodra.

Gen 7+ designs are all top notch

Except not, because most of those have good to great designs and if you throw out an old design, someone] somewhere will be upset about it.

Also...

lezard_valeth posted:

Priority candidates should be...Furret...

Mods?!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Good news and bad news about Pokémon showing on the overworld

Good news: Pokemon show up with a yellow aura sometimes and that means they have some perfect IVs and egg moves. I assume this works similar to the DexNav from Gen 6.

Bad news: Shinies won’t show on the overworld model. I hope this is a bug.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Top quality content.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I don't think Home will be able to do battles. Like, first off, how would items even be handled? Items can't be transferred between generations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

hello, I'm excited to play this game but haven't been following anything, the main things I'm worried about are:

1) do I need to interact with other people online to, as they say, "catch them all"? because I need to prepare myself to have an incomplete pokedex if so

2) the grinding for xp thing, please tell me they aren't bringing back the abominable system from Let's Go

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

hello, I'm excited to play this game but haven't been following anything, the main things I'm worried about are:

1) do I need to interact with other people online to, as they say, "catch them all"? because I need to prepare myself to have an incomplete pokedex if so

2) the grinding for xp thing, please tell me they aren't bringing back the abominable system from Let's Go

1) Yes generally.

2) as far as I'm aware no.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

1) Like every Pokemon game there are exclusives to each version. Unless you have friends with the game you will need to trade to get them.

2) No. They have an always-on EXP share instead.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

RatHat posted:

Speaking of Toxtricity the forms seem to be gender exclusive, with slightly different movesets and having Plus/Minus.

No they're not, no one knows what causes it yet. Current assumption is it's a Wurmple situation where which one you get is locked in when you catch it.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Araxxor posted:

I don't think Home will be able to do battles. Like, first off, how would items even be handled? Items can't be transferred between generations.

Items bought with a currency that is earned based on how many monsters you filled Home with, and which are kept within the confines of Home.
PokeMiles with an in-app use.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My buddy is also buying it so we agreed to each buy a different copy than the other and stock up on exclusives to trade so I should be fine there as long as there is local trading

Also thank God exp-all was such a better system than....that

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Shiny intelleon has been released and it's the Trans flag colors as well.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i hope that somehow the competitive side of things will be balanced enough with all of the removed pokemon that there wont be any banned pokemon besides the obvious legendaries

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

mabels big day posted:

i hope that somehow the competitive side of things will be balanced enough with all of the removed pokemon that there wont be any banned pokemon besides the obvious legendaries

Spoiler: It won’t

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

cinderace is definitely getting a ban, i'm pretty confident in that one

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Cinderace continuing the fine Pokemon tradition of all Rabbits being too good.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

every pokemon except for 3 of them could be removed and one of those three would still have to be banned to a separate tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Flopsy posted:

Shiny intelleon has been released and it's the Trans flag colors as well.

pics?