Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

https://patternswillfall.tumblr.com/post/189001069893/datamined-shiny-starters-and-evolutions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It seems that during important scenes the game will take control of the clock to make sure it's day/night. The wild area however seems to follow the system time no matter what.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

holy poo poo. i knew i made the right choice in starter

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
someone set up a very janky but mostly feature complete pokemon showdown server for gen 8 and ive been having fun spectating stuff. funniest thing ive seen so far was a Flapple sweeping after setting up a dragon dance and Dynamaxing since it has Hustle and dynamax moves have z-move "never miss" accuracy

Catalina
May 20, 2008

RatHat posted:

Bad news: Shinies won’t show on the overworld model. I hope this is a bug.

If there's a cap on what Pokemon Level you can catch based on what badges you have, maybe that's the best for my heart; at least until post-game.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyableSavageRatNerfBlueBlaster

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

Shiny intelleon has been released and it's the Trans flag colors as well.

It's actually the bi flag:

Alright, we got trans (Hattrene) and bi, the shiny pride flag team is coming along nicely.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

KittyEmpress posted:

Much like XY, this is a big move to a new architecture with new things they never experienced before and I do feel like it will show. I doubt many people will regard it as the best generation ever (though I do think it has a lot of mons who are contenders for new favorites) but hopefully they'll look at their failures here and build upon it.

I had similar feelings about XY, where they were disappointing and meh, but Ultra Sun is my most played pokemon game ever.
I like this take a lot!

As someone who skipped X/Y due to time and money, has heard a lot of grievances about it, loved Sun/Moon and is now skipping Sw/Sh, I'm predicting Gen 9 is going to kick rear end

the new pokemon are awesome tho so this one will be good too. you've heard it here first

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Those are some big doggos

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

RatHat posted:

Those are some big doggos

Maybe this is the dog owner in me speaking but I wanna buy them giant doggo beds with blankets because the poor things look like they've had a real rough life and deserve to be comfy.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Meanwhile, the ban list

I have no idea what the banlist will be but I wanted to make a don't awoo joke anyway

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I have literally nothing to say to this other than I don't give a gently caress about disappointing pop-in or dexit any more

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdGoodPanPraiseIt?tt_medium=clips&tt_content=recommendation

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The EXP share thing is a-ok for me, because I like to sporadically change the 6th slot on my time and hate having to play catch-up with said poklemin. Whatevs. I'll play it and like it and mourn the missing pokemon; hoping they do a more expansive and more refined game in the future. The removed moves seems nonsensical to me. Like, not even in an angry way, my response was "But why karate chop?". I like pokeymans.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Yestermoment posted:

The EXP share thing is a-ok for me, because I like to sporadically change the 6th slot on my time and hate having to play catch-up with said poklemin. Whatevs. I'll play it and like it and mourn the missing pokemon; hoping they do a more expansive and more refined game in the future. The removed moves seems nonsensical to me. Like, not even in an angry way, my response was "But why karate chop?". I like pokeymans.

Knowing how vital at least a few of them were I'm just wondering what they were thinking.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There are a few really weird ones yeah but most of the moves were garbage nobody uses anyway.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

RatHat posted:

There are a few really weird ones yeah but most of the moves were garbage nobody uses anyway.

Agreed, but that's what makes it bizarre. Return is the bread and butter of normal types, pursuit is pretty vital to a lot of dark types, and there's pokemon that absolutely NEED hidden power for even a sniff of coverage. Why throw them out with the rest?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I would care more about people being upset if I didn't know that people calling it lovely trash were going to buy it day 1. Being upset your favorite Pokemon isn't in a game is fine but getting furious about how disrespectful it is and what a bad move it is doesn't mean poo poo if you can't control yourself well enough to not buy a game.

I bought Sun and Moon a month after release and that’s the last game I’ve bought since ORAS.

I love Pokemon, I really do, but Pokémon doesn’t want me to love it anymore.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

I bought Sun and Moon a month after release and that’s the last game I’ve bought since ORAS.

I love Pokemon, I really do, but Pokémon doesn’t want me to love it anymore.

Careful about showing reservations about your purchase. They say Nanigans might show up next to your bedside and call you an oatmeal brained child.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

sexpig by night posted:

I have literally nothing to say to this other than I don't give a gently caress about disappointing pop-in or dexit any more

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdGoodPanPraiseIt?tt_medium=clips&tt_content=recommendation

What exactly is this I must have it.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Flopsy posted:

Maybe this is the dog owner in me speaking but I wanna buy them giant doggo beds with blankets because the poor things look like they've had a real rough life and deserve to be comfy.

:yeah:

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Supremezero posted:

What exactly is this I must have it.

Cramorant; the most powerful bird pokemon to ever be conceived.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Flopsy posted:

Cramorant; the most powerful bird pokemon to ever be conceived.

Yes but the gently caress is happening.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'm not surprised Hidden Power got nuked. That move was a complete clusterfuck in how it operated, and a move like that would very likely not be made today. I'm pretty sure they got the message how dumb it was when they had to write out a legality check, and one of them was "Legendaries cannot have Hidden Power Fighting because due to how their IVs are generated, it is impossible for them to get that version of the move." And giving Pokemon universal coverage is kind of really dumb.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Supremezero posted:

it is demonstrating its raw fighting potential by firing a pikachu out of its mouth like a cannon made of feathers and hate

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

https://twitter.com/pokedex_ebooks/status/1193951530497564672

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Supremezero posted:

Its ability called Gulp Missile. After it uses Surf or Dive it comes up with a fish or Pikachu in its mouth which gets fired the next time it's attacked by a contact move(even if Cramorant dies to that move).

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Supremezero posted:

When it uses dive on land it uh---grabs something else as you can see.

Araxxor posted:

I'm not surprised Hidden Power got nuked. That move was a complete clusterfuck in how it operated, and a move like that would very likely not be made today. I'm pretty sure they got the message how dumb it was when they had to write out a legality check, and one of them was "Legendaries cannot have Hidden Power Fighting because due to how their IVs are generated, it is impossible for them to get that version of the move." And giving Pokemon universal coverage is kind of really dumb.

Well they better get their asses in gear fixing the movesets of pokemon like serperior then shouldn't they?

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 12, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Flopsy posted:

Well they better get their asses in gear fixing the movesets of pokemon like serperior then shouldn't they?
they don't if pokemon like serperior are in a garbage can :eng101:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

When it uses dive on land it uh---grabs something else as you can see.

There is no more Serperior.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

There is no more Serperior.

That depends on how pokemon Home hashes out doesn't it? Granted there is some relief that the poor bastard won't have to deal with it in this game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the PKHEX dev already has his save editor ready to go.

https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/1194117637740978176

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Hey I haven't played a Pokemon since Red, why is everyone mad

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

sexpig by night posted:

gently caress that streamer. Named his character “Reetardkun”, and his Sobble “>Female”

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Awww hell here we go, again.

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

They made Pikachu say "gently caress".

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Was everyone really mad when lets go pikachu/eevee came out too?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

It’s the Infinity War of video games

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Welcome to hell kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

burgeoning class consciousness