Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
https://imgur.com/a/EjqNU5w?fbclid=IwAR32AQ4bmx6cSOVxO8wGycA0MTncKRyZ4OakMafvEi3z8xIyLsfYJptkCT4

Inquisition stuff leaked. Imperium armies can take an inquisitor now without needing a detachment and without messing with special rules, they give access to some stratgems, and generally they are buffed across the board. Eisenhorn is only 80 points, but since he can summon a beefed up daemonhost I assume you need to pay 25 points for reinforcements.

One of the cool things here is Daemonhosts now have the Character keyword, meaning they can hide behind your screening units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Kitchner posted:

https://imgur.com/a/EjqNU5w?fbclid=IwAR32AQ4bmx6cSOVxO8wGycA0MTncKRyZ4OakMafvEi3z8xIyLsfYJptkCT4

Inquisition stuff leaked. Imperium armies can take an inquisitor now without needing a detachment and without messing with special rules, they give access to some stratgems, and generally they are buffed across the board. Eisenhorn is only 80 points, but since he can summon a beefed up daemonhost I assume you need to pay 25 points for reinforcements.

One of the cool things here is Daemonhosts now have the Character keyword, meaning they can hide behind your screening units.

Cracking tf up at Throne of Judgement's Stomping Feet.

Guess I have a reason to finally build that metal Karamazov that's been sitting in a drawer since 2012

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 11, 2019

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Heck yeah, new units for Sisters of Battle :)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The miracle is that the dice are legible.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Free dice are always legible. It's the ones they sell as a set that are illegible.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Kitchner posted:

This is awesome because it's exactly what I've been asking for!

Oh poo poo, Coteaz got a pretty nice buff as well, he needed an invuln bad. I am frequently running him with fragile melee units for Terrify and he's worked out well; he usually gets a smite and a round of thunderhammering off before he gets taken out. Now maybe he can last two turns!

No updates for the FW Inquisitors though, which I guess is standard, but poor Solomon Lok. I love his model but he's staying home again.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Jokaero didn't get squatted!

Barrel of Monkeys army list is back on the menu boys

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I never thought I'd be wondering if it's funnier to make the Jokaero a Warlord or the Daemonhost.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I was a bit sad that Eisenhorn gets a lame warlord trait of a single Re-roll once per game. However I'm really glad I carried on painting him well now as I'll have an excuse to use him.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Per battle round

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Strobe posted:

Per battle round

Oh poo poo, that's pretty awesome then I take it back. For sure Eisenhorn is going to be in my lists.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Kitchner posted:

Oh poo poo, that's pretty awesome then I take it back. For sure Eisenhorn is going to be in my lists.

Yeah it's honestly a pretty good trait, especially since it's the entire psychic or deny the witch test so you can get two dice out of it in a pinch.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
There's actually a really important change to Eisenhorn that I didn't notice at first. The old wording was that he could summon his friend at the start of any turn

So you lose the ability to summon at the start of your opponents turn, but more critically you gain the ability to put ol' Greg in a transport for safety, disembark, then summon. This was a huge problem before because it made getting everything into position a pain.

[Except for when I was cheating by thinking it was in the psychic phase because, you know, summoning. Sorry dude!]

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Is there actually a rule that prevents him from summoning the daemonhost while sat in a transport right now? I mean it doesn't specify he has to be standing in the open but not sure there's a more general rule that stops abilities being used in transports.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Kitchner posted:

Is there actually a rule that prevents him from summoning the daemonhost while sat in a transport right now? I mean it doesn't specify he has to be standing in the open but not sure there's a more general rule that stops abilities being used in transports.

It’s in the actual “Embark” rule. Embarked models normally cannot do anything or use any abilities unless that use is explicitly defined as allowed while embarked.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Kitchner posted:

When you're off the board you don't exist - you can't use abilities, auras etc if you're in a transport, same as if you were in deep strike.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

The one gotcha with the Inquisition change is the nerf to running inquisitors. I used to be able to run a supreme command detachment with 3 inquisitors (Greyfax, Coteaz, and generic nameless Inquisitor), now it looks like you can only have one inquisitor period. So it will be either +1 inquisitor to my admech for psyker support, no longer taking a detachment, or the vanguard detachment with 3 Jokaeros that I also run because I need monkeys.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
You can have one Inquisitor a detachment. Considering you can literally make an elite choice for 8 points, this is not that challenging.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Chainclaw posted:

The one gotcha with the Inquisition change is the nerf to running inquisitors. I used to be able to run a supreme command detachment with 3 inquisitors (Greyfax, Coteaz, and generic nameless Inquisitor), now it looks like you can only have one inquisitor period. So it will be either +1 inquisitor to my admech for psyker support, no longer taking a detachment, or the vanguard detachment with 3 Jokaeros that I also run because I need monkeys.

You can include an Inquisitor in any Imperium detachment and it won't affect faction traits or combat doctrines. So you can still run 3 Inquisitors, they're just going to be in three different detachments.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

edit: Ohh you mean slap one inquisitor in each Imperium detachment I'm an idiot

Giant Isopod fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 12, 2019

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I wonder if that's going to get FAQ'd? I read "No more than one Inquisitor unit can be included in any Inquisition Detachment" and "If your army does not include any Inquisition Detachments, one Inquisitor unit can be included in any other Detachment without taking up a slot" as you can only do that once, and not once per non-inquisition detachment. The only way those rules read to me as taking multiple inquisitors is if you take multiple inquisition detachments, like having Coteaz in a Vanguard detachment with Acolytes, and Greyfax in a second Vanguard detachment with Jokaeros.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

90 boyz finally based so I consider them done.

Now on to finishing 90 grots.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If you have an ability that allows you to generate CP on, say, a 5+ roll when you or your opponent use a stratagem, do you roll a 5+ for each CP spent, or do you roll a 5+ per stratagem? Can I get back multiple CP?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

OhDearGodNo posted:

Username/post combo

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a reliable way to let non-Chaos space marines advance and charge?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

Is there a reliable way to let non-Chaos space marines advance and charge?

Be White Scars?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

goose willis posted:

If you have an ability that allows you to generate CP on, say, a 5+ roll when you or your opponent use a stratagem, do you roll a 5+ for each CP spent, or do you roll a 5+ per stratagem? Can I get back multiple CP?

Depends on the strat. Some are per use, some are per CP. Usually it's per use when it's reacting to your opponent's CP usage, and per CP when it's for your own. However they FAQ'ed it a while back that generally, you can't get back more than 1 CP a turn, regardless of source explicitly to shut down CP farming with very few exceptions.

Big FAQ 2 posted:

TACTICAL RESTRAINT
There are several Warlord Traits, Relics and abilities that give you a chance to gain or refund Command Points when you or your opponent either use a Stratagem or spend Command Points to use a Stratagem. In matched play games, each player can only gain or have refunded a total of one Command Point per battle round as the result of such rules, regardless of the source.

This does not apply to the Moment Shackle or the Seven-fold Chant abilities, or to or the Player of the Twilight Warlord Trait – in these cases, the ability/Warlord Trait can refund or gain the player more than 1 Command Point if the Stratagem used cost 2 or more Command Points to use, but once any Command Points have been gained as a result of the rule neither it, nor any similar rule, can be used to gain any more Command Points until the next battle round. Also note that this does not apply to Command Points that are gained or refunded as specifically instructed on Stratagems (e.g. Feeder Tendrils, Agents of Vect, etc.).

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 12, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
How does the leviathan from dreamforge match up to the various sizes of knights?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

jng2058 posted:

Depends on the strat. Some are per use, some are per CP. Usually it's per use when it's reacting to your opponent's CP usage, and per CP when it's for your own. However they FAQ'ed it a while back that generally, you can't get back more than 1 CP a turn, regardless of source explicitly to shut down CP farming with very few exceptions.

Aw man! Okay, that's actually kind of fair, otherwise I'd basically have way more CP than I should have.

Improbable Lobster posted:

How does the leviathan from dreamforge match up to the various sizes of knights?

The consensus I think I got from here and from some forums is that the 15mm version of the leviathan is like an inch shorter than a "proper" knight and the 28mm version is like an inch taller

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/10/black-library-weekender-2019-the-reveals/

That head sorta looks like a last second addition. It looks weirdly out of place for some weird reason.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

"The way your primarch looked at it, this relic was your birthright. He'd be damned if any heretics gonna put their greasy tentacles on his boy's birthright, so he hid it, in the one place he knew he could hide something: his rear end. Five long years, he had this relic up his rear end. Then when he died of warp-dysentery, he gave me the relic. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my rear end for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my shield-host. And now, little marine, I give the relic to you."

Goddamn it. Now I want to buy this, because I want Adeptus Custodes Christopher Walken.

Guilliman: "So you don't know where Cypher went? What about witnesses? I mean it's the Custodes super-special prison. Somebody must have seen him!"
Valerian: "As far as I know, he only had one way out, and he escaped in a manner of seconds. 'Dis guy, is un-loving-believable."

I've been looking forward to plastic Sisters all year, but now I'm on fence about getting this box set.

I just want the models, so I'm not up to spending $200 (?) for the codex, dice, and game-cards. There's also no vehicles, and I really wanted to get the Rhino or Exorcist. On the other hand, the post says that the miniatures included are exclusive to the boxset, so I feel compelled to get it. However, they don't really say what's different about the ones in the boxset (I think it was said that the models were all monopose), so maybe it's better to wait.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Max Wilco posted:

I just want the models, so I'm not up to spending $200 (?) for the codex, dice, and game-cards. There's also no vehicles, and I really wanted to get the Rhino or Exorcist. On the other hand, the post says that the miniatures included are exclusive to the boxset, so I feel compelled to get it. However, they don't really say what's different about the ones in the boxset (I think it was said that the models were all monopose), so maybe it's better to wait.

They are all monopose, that box has exactly the same number of plastic Sisters sprues as Shadowspear had plastic Chaos Space Marine sprues (one full-sized sprue, two half-sized sprues, and one eighth-sized character sprue), when Shadowspear was being released the marketing also claimed that the Shadowspear Primaris Vanguard and Chaos Space Marine miniatures were exclusive to the boxed set (and at the time they were!), and now, nine months later, we're getting Start Collecting Chaos Space Marines and Primaris Vanguard boxes consisting of the contents of Shadowspear split in half.

The conclusion I am drawing from this is that the monopose contents of the Sisters of Battle boxed set due to be released in three weeks will be repurposed this time next year into a Start Collecting Sisters of Battle box, minus the limited edition codex and cards. I could be wrong.

The multipose Sisters of Battle minis seem due early 2020, although we don't know how long the wait's going to be.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Please excuse my lovely phone camera but I'm having a blast painting and converting those Soviets for an Imperial Guard list and I got them some heavy weapons off from Anvil Industry that I'm in the process of painting

A literal Red Army lmao

62 painted so far, that's two boxes total, 60 guys split into six squads of 10 and two commanders, the 5++ save on the company commanders would be represented by their faith in Comrade Emperor

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

goose willis posted:

The consensus I think I got from here and from some forums is that the 15mm version of the leviathan is like an inch shorter than a "proper" knight and the 28mm version is like an inch taller

Just as well, I suppose, shipping would be $55 to canadaville apparently

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Just finished a Chaos Lord with Jump Pack and Thunder Hammer

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Two Beans posted:

Gawdamn

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Two Beans posted:

That looks great.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Stephenls posted:

They are all monopose, that box has exactly the same number of plastic Sisters sprues as Shadowspear had plastic Chaos Space Marine sprues (one full-sized sprue, two half-sized sprues, and one eighth-sized character sprue), when Shadowspear was being released the marketing also claimed that the Shadowspear Primaris Vanguard and Chaos Space Marine miniatures were exclusive to the boxed set (and at the time they were!), and now, nine months later, we're getting Start Collecting Chaos Space Marines and Primaris Vanguard boxes consisting of the contents of Shadowspear split in half.

The conclusion I am drawing from this is that the monopose contents of the Sisters of Battle boxed set due to be released in three weeks will be repurposed this time next year into a Start Collecting Sisters of Battle box, minus the limited edition codex and cards. I could be wrong.

The multipose Sisters of Battle minis seem due early 2020, although we don't know how long the wait's going to be.

Well if that's case, maybe I'll give the Sisters boxset a pass, and wait until the multi-pose release. I can save some money to buy some more paints and modeling stuff, and pick up the SOB stuff I want when it becomes available. I also can finish working on the other projects I've got going.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 12, 2019

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

OhDearGodNo posted:

You are doing the lords work

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
My ork airforce is coming along nicely.

First, a Deathskulls deffkopta. There are two more that are about 60% done.

Next, a Bad Moons dakkajet. Lot of stippling and drybrushing went into its paintjob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

OhDearGodNo posted:

God speed you beautiful bastard.

That's even more infantry than my Guard, grey Knights, and sisters combined, so I feel your pain.

Max Wilco posted:

I've been looking forward to plastic Sisters all year, but now I'm on fence about getting this box set.

That's how they get ya.