Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Alhazred posted:

I really like Pixar, but they really do only have one plot that they keep remastering.

Also "here's this very soulful celebration of African American culture.... now excuse me while I strip that all out so he can be an ambiguous blue blob."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Pixar texting someone they don't really talk to much "I love you i'm sorry" at like 2 am

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Alhazred posted:

I really like Pixar, but they really do only have one plot that they keep remastering.

What if... Ghosts have emotions??? Also put into a corporate setting at some point

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I feel like people are confusing premise and motifs with plot. Ratatouille, Cars, A Bugs Life, Toy Story, and Wall-E all have very different plots.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Timeless Appeal posted:

I feel like people are confusing premise and motifs with plot. Ratatouille, Cars, A Bugs Life, Toy Story, and Wall-E all have very different plots.

There's a lot of Pixar movies where the plot is that someone have to make a journey and meet a quirky companion.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Alhazred posted:

There's a lot of Pixar movies where the plot is that someone have to make a journey and meet a quirky companion.
I think you're speaking to what I'm saying...

Meeting a quirky companion isn't a plot. A lot of Pixar movies involve pairs/buddies (Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, etc) and a lot of Pixar movies involve the inner-lives of things that don't have inner lives (Toys, ants, cars, robots).

But the story of a father learning to move on from an intense trauma, the story of someone who is successful choosing to give up ease and success in the name of what's right, an outsider being accepted for his talents in a field where he is seen as undesirable, a young boy reclaiming his family's heritage, a father learning that his family provides him a whole new type of strength if he's willing to let himself feel vulnerable, a city slicker superstar learning to appreciate the simple things in lives, a robot rediscovering humanity, and a remake of The Seven Samurai are all really different plots even if there are superficial similarities between them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Blumhouse Fantasy Island horror reboot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G3U5WzfN_s
Surprised they didn't get anyone yelling "The plane! The plane!" before one blew up at the end there.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 12, 2019

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I think I’m down with Monkey Paw Island

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/SonicMovie/status/1194206812066607104

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That trailer is way better and actually edited well. The redesign does wonders. Plus decent jokes now too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm still not gonna see it, but that looks like a decent family comedy now, yeah.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

In it for Carrey chewing the gently caress out of all the scenes he’s in.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

James Marsden has had a weird career, man.

Looks decent. The new design is so much better looking and in line with the aesthetic of the series.

https://twitter.com/TAHK0/status/1194227675734298626?s=19

I'm almost inclined to believe the conspiracy theory that they released the bad design first just to drum up publicity for the movie. Either way, I hope all the animators got compensated decently for the work it took to overhaul that.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Nov 12, 2019

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Blitzkrieg Bop is a much better choice of music than whatever it was before.

justdan
Mar 31, 2010

PureRok posted:

Blitzkrieg Bop is a much better choice of music than whatever it was before.

They used "Gangsta's Paradise", for some reason.

There were many things that made that first trailer really bizarre.

Anyway, yeah, the Not-Horrifying-Looking-Sonic in this one is a much better take.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
nuSonic looks better and I like the voice but my god, everything else is unbearable. Why is everybody screaming?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
The screaming on seeing Sonic for the first time made more sense with the first design.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Shneak posted:

nuSonic looks better and I like the voice but my god, everything else is unbearable. Why is everybody screaming?

kids love screaming

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Seems fun, that latte scene gave me a chuckle.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Holy smack. Putting the Green Hill Zone music at the beginning makes it a lot better. Did they completely fire the company that did the first trailer?

Edit: The one thing I miss from this is Jim Carey going full Eggman.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Fartington Butts posted:

Holy smack. Putting the Green Hill Zone music at the beginning makes it a lot better. Did they completely fire the company that did the first trailer?

Edit: The one thing I miss from this is Jim Carey going full Eggman.

yeah whoever decided that "Nightmare Design Sonic set to Gangster's Paradise" was the tone they wanted to set was a moron, the ramones and Supersonic set the Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe that a Sonic the Hedgehog movie should have

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Shneak posted:

I don't know but Jim Carrey screaming "OF COURSE I WANT A LATTE I LOVE THE WAY YOU MAKE THEM!" was kinda funny

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New Spongebob movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwzjEkNJVkA
Okay that cameo made me laugh a little.

Also a new Trolls movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLV2_hGping

And a new Ben Affleck movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzNJVSsjE-I

That Michael Bay has a new trailer too. Sort of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_cxASk1YMs
I mean, Ryan Reynolds is the star after all.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
While it's disappointing that the Spongebob flick isn't going with 2D animation, I love the quasi-stop-motion, semi-2D thing they've got going on. It's so refreshing to see something that's not just lazily aping the Pixar house style.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

feedmyleg posted:

While it's disappointing that the Spongebob flick isn't going with 2D animation, I love the quasi-stop-motion, semi-2D thing they've got going on. It's so refreshing to see something that's not just lazily aping the Pixar house style.

Spongebob: Sponge Out of Water was great. My kids love Spongebob and I don't mind.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

feedmyleg posted:

Agreed. It looks so much like Ubi-Art Framework that they used for the recent Rayman games.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

He's been method acting this whole time, book it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Looks like filming of this movie began a few months after Ben checked himself into rehab after Jennifer Garner's intervention. I wonder if the project was a sort of cathartic exercise/release for him. I hope it was :unsmith:

The premise reminds of Hardball with Keanu Reeves though—which isn't a bad thing imo. Hardball owns.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

good for him but im not gonna watch yet another redemption story with a sports team

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Krankenstyle posted:

good for him but im not gonna watch yet another redemption story with a sports team

Sorry, but did you see the trailer? It's not just "any sports team". That team is going to be state champs!

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
I'll give the guy who directed Warrior a lot of chances cause that movie is loving great

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Krankenstyle posted:

It's the best genre, though.

Unoriginal Name posted:

I'll give the guy who directed Warrior a lot of chances cause that movie is loving great

But then he did Jane Got a Gun and The Accountant and those were both pretty dumb. The Accountant had some fun shooting at least.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ariza posted:

But then he did Jane Got a Gun and The Accountant and those were both pretty dumb. The Accountant had some fun shooting at least.

He directed those, sure, but he didn't write either of those movies.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Oh wow Warrior??? Oh wow!!!!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Accountant was great because the movie had an autistic man but autism is not his superpower. It's his military training by a really intense father hoping to help him overcome autism instead.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
This made me cringe so hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPzqRpsbrGk

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wow.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

This man has taken my hatred of Excel to a whole new level.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Drop what you're doing, new Cats trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNTDoOmc1OQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I think the cat movie looks good but James Cordon will ruin it.