Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Trip report: I bought some HEAD running gloves from Costco like a decade ago and haven't found a church that stocked them since. It looks like they finally have them again and I can confirm: they're good

I also bought one of their bidets from the online church and can also confirm: it's really fuckin good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Trip report: I bought some HEAD running gloves from Costco like a decade ago and haven't found a church that stocked them since. It looks like they finally have them again and I can confirm: they're good

I also bought one of their bidets from the online church and can also confirm: it's really fuckin good

The worst part of doing business is the paperwork and it feels great to go paperless.

One roll lasts several weeks now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Its Arizona. Its a loving awful place, trust me, their refuse flows across the border into San Diego every summer.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

By god is it difficult not to eat the whole bag of those salted egg fish skins snacks

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

What do I need to get this hush puppy installed, anyway?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

What do I need to get this hush puppy installed, anyway?

• remove old toilet seat
  • shut off water to toilet and drain
  • unscrew water intake
  • attach bidet hose to water intake, toilet
  • attach bidet to toilet
  • plug in

took me about five minutes

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

• remove old toilet seat
  • shut off water to toilet and drain
  • unscrew water intake
  • attach bidet hose to water intake, toilet
  • attach bidet to toilet
  • plug in

took me about five minutes

So the water is cold? This isn't a model with any heat?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

It’s not heated but it doesn’t feel cold to me

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
My tap water is like 40 degrees, that doesn't sound too fun.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

the one i got has a reservoir for heating up water. that’s what the electric plug is for

also the seat is heated :coffee:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

the one i got has a reservoir for heating up water. that’s what the electric plug is for

also the seat is heated :coffee:

Yeah this is what I'm looking for. Name and brand please?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Its Arizona. Its a loving awful place, trust me, their refuse flows across the border into San Diego every summer.

lol yeah they do. Which is stupid, because they leave their 100+ degree dry desert to come to our 85+ degree heat with like 90-95% humidity summer heat. For ever sweaty rear end all summer.

Nothing like a Cotsco mocha coffee freeze to beat the heat! PBUC!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Yeah this is what I'm looking for. Name and brand please?

https://www.costco.com/brondell-swash-cl950-bidet-toilet-seat.product.100411463.html

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Zombie Dachshund posted:

Costco had Serrano hams for $99 (with rack and knife!) I assume that at that price, it’s going to be pretty low-quality ham, but I’m still tempted.

It’s a plus that you can just leave it out at room temperature for weeks and it’ll be okay. I told my wife I’d set it up next to the bed and cut off a slice whenever I wanted a snack, Homer Simpson-style; she was not amused

I was eyeballing them last year, I didn't see them last week, but I'm going back and getting one this year for sure. My buddy's father-in-law is Galician, he bought one last year and approves.

deepspace.io
Aug 5, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

By god is it difficult not to eat the whole bag of those salted egg fish skins snacks
We just had our friend bring us back two bags from SE Asia. No need to control our intake when knowing there is more at church.

Also the tamales are decent with 0 effort.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm also looking at this model: https://www.costco.com/bio-bidet-uspa-6800-luxury-bidet-seat.product.100015779.html

Wish there was a way to try before you buy!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
One of the biggest reasons I don't have a bidet is because cleaning it seems like it would be difficult. Would you have to remove the whole thing to get in there? I don't want poop dust all over it.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Anyone buy the Chicago Metallic stainless measuring cups by chance? We bought some to replace our lovely plastic ones and half of them have rust on the handles after the first wash in the dishwasher. At first I thought it was a sauce or something that had dried but I had to use steel wool to remove it. It's definitely rust. They're not on Costco's site anymore beyond showing up in search engine results.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bloodplay it again posted:

Anyone buy the Chicago Metallic stainless measuring cups by chance? We bought some to replace our lovely plastic ones and half of them have rust on the handles after the first wash in the dishwasher. At first I thought it was a sauce or something that had dried but I had to use steel wool to remove it. It's definitely rust. They're not on Costco's site anymore beyond showing up in search engine results.

I have them and run them through the dishwasher all the time. I think I bought them least year. No rust or very little rust

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Pennywise the Frown posted:

One of the biggest reasons I don't have a bidet is because cleaning it seems like it would be difficult. Would you have to remove the whole thing to get in there? I don't want poop dust all over it.

the cleaning parts clean themselves when they retract. the rest of it is just your standard wipe down that you'd do with a normal toilet seat

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I have them and run them through the dishwasher all the time. I think I bought them least year. No rust or very little rust

Thank you. We'll repack these and swap them out then. I don't understand how they'd have been wet long and exposed to air long enough to rust already but it must've just been a jacked up treatment. The cups themselves are fine but the handles each have a dime-sized spot of rust on them.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Last day in Taipei before heading over to Japan. We’ll see what the church here has worth picking up.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

EconOutlines posted:

Last day in Taipei before heading over to Japan. We’ll see what the church here has worth picking up.

Bulgogi bake is usually really good.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Got myself some winterwear, a box of the stroopwafels, and a bag of cheddar and caramel popcorn mix, among other things. The popcorn mix is very good but makes you feel extremely :btroll: even in small amounts. The stroopwafels are just okay, guess I was expecting more of a crisp wafer or something.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
Moving in a few days, gonna go measure the new seat tomorrow.

Bio Bidet or the Brondell? Almost the same price.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Managed to walk out with 2 extra sets of contacts (aside from what yearly vision covers) at nearly 50% of the cost in the states for the same brand/product. Local samples weren’t half bad either.

Received communion and headed out.

PBUC indeed.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Anyone frequent the co near SFO? Going to be staying near there in a couple weeks and may go to get supplies for the room (beer)

Costcos in the US accept Visa and not MasterCard right? Opposite to :canada:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Why aren't they working?

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

priznat posted:

Correct. I found the opposite out the hard way when going to Vancouver Costco recently.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Nov 13, 2019

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

priznat posted:

Anyone frequent the co near SFO? Going to be staying near there in a couple weeks and may go to get supplies for the room (beer)

Lol, which one of three? The closest to sfo is really weird to get to and the parking lot is a mess. The business center is just what it says. The one a little further it is probably the least crazy, as long as it isn't a weekend. If you just want beer any will do. Most have a nice Stone pack or 21st amendment pack right now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

EconOutlines posted:

Correct. I found the opposite out the hard way when going to Vancouver Costco recently.

Doh! Do they have chip readers? Last time I went to a US Costco my card had problems.

Douche4Sale posted:

Lol, which one of three? The closest to sfo is really weird to get to and the parking lot is a mess. The business center is just what it says. The one a little further it is probably the least crazy, as long as it isn't a weekend. If you just want beer any will do. Most have a nice Stone pack or 21st amendment pack right now.

Probably the close one there with the gas station. I'm staying in Burlingame so can go later if it is less busy. Going at the end of the month/first week of December

priznat fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Nov 13, 2019

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

priznat posted:

Doh! Do they have chip readers? Last time I went to a US Costco my card had problems.

Probably the close one there with the gas station. I'm staying in Burlingame so can go later if it is less busy. Going at the end of the month/first week of December

Yeah, that works. I forgot to add that yes, visa is the card they take. I find around 4 on weekdays to be pretty chill if you can swing it.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Three stroopwafels are 420 calories PBUC

Joe Friday
Oct 16, 2007

Just the facts, ma'am.
Has anyone scoped the electric blanket situation? I'm looking for both throw sized blankets and heating pads/comforters for queen beds. My apartment is made of crumbling brick and cold war era sawdust.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
I bought the throw sized ones they had a few years ago (Sunbeam) and they are cat approved.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
Not to speak ill of Costco, but heated mattress pads are 100x better.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZSHDEK/

I've ordered 4 of this specific model dating back to 2013 and all 4 are still in use.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Joe Friday posted:

Has anyone scoped the electric blanket situation? I'm looking for both throw sized blankets and heating pads/comforters for queen beds. My apartment is made of crumbling brick and cold war era sawdust.

Ive had bad luck with the single one I purchased there. Everything was OK until I tried to wash it, which I did following the directions. It never heated again and is now a lumpy backup blanket forsaken to a cedar chest in the corner.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Joe Friday posted:

I bought the king sized heated blanket from Costco. I keep my house at 62'f at night, and this thing set to heat level 5 out of 20 keeps me warm. Auto-off after 10 hours, made of a nice material, no obvious thick wires in it really.

I like it!

I haven't tried to wash it yet though. Maybe I'll try that before it passes the costco return time limit.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Ravendas posted:

I haven't tried to wash it yet though. Maybe I'll try that before it passes the costco return time limit.

Yes, I also plan on washing my blankets sometime before the end of eternity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just got back from the 'co. Picked up some energy drinks, protein drinks, frozen yakisoba noodle bowls, and finally some Babybel cheese. I looked for the Babybel the last 2 times I went there and they weren't by the cheese where they always were. Well a town crier was giving samples of Babybel cheese and my heart skipped a beat. They were in the refrigerated section near the beer. Praise be.

Also: