Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Songbearer posted:

Well hey little buddy let me just tell you about a game called Apex Legends where the Devotion still owns bones :getin:

Both the regular lmgs are really good. I've only gotten my hands on the L Star like three times in my entire Apex career so I don't have a good idea how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I know we all love this game but im ashamed no one has mentioned the level in which they build a loving level around you and how loving cool that level was.

Goddamn that game is so good.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ya jumping between platforms while the little homes are being assembled and such in that huge factory place is my favorite level probably

And any part where you get thrown

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Purely anecdotally, but I think Apex is experiencing a drop-off.

Nope.

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1189287614639202306

Apex is great and the gunplay is great. The movement is still good too even without the double-jump and wallrun (you have a pretty good mantle that I honestly miss in TF2)

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I know there’s a multiplayer based on the end of the prefab factory level but it’d be dope to have one in the factory with some moving platforms and assembly lines

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

After BFV being a headache for EA (even if it sold well it's a shitshow), EA sports and Apex are the pillars of EA right now. If the new Star Wars game by Respawn does well, there's some hope for Titanfall 3.

DICE is no longer EA's best studio more so after all the big names leaving and troubles with Battlefront and BFV.

I need more BT and Jack :pray:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
They’ll monetize a Battle Royale game but what if they did that with Titanfall 2? The gameplay is still solid, lots of great levels (except for Wargames) and the guns rock. Make a Titanfall 3, cheap price with cosmetics to pay for, cater to the competitive crowd, etc.

I still love playing TF2 but it’s hard to find FD matches and Attrition is still good but wears a bit out. Give me TF3 and give us Titans.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I just want the ability to run a private FD instance and still level up. let me play with my friends, one of whom has some instability issues.

also double the rewards because who cares at this stage, let me level everything up.

e: connection instability, I should clarify

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 13, 2019

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

They did monetize Titanfall 2 a little. Prime Titans and the Elite skins. Nobody cared.

FYI Respawn admitted their TF2 post-launch support sucked and had bad practices, and that they almost did the same thing for Apex. Luckily it was such a huge success that they had to wise up and figure out how to have a continuous content pipeline. They've managed to transition over to that without becoming an Epic Games crunch shithole.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

They did monetize Titanfall 2 a little. Prime Titans and the Elite skins. Nobody cared.

FYI Respawn admitted their TF2 post-launch support sucked and had bad practices, and that they almost did the same thing for Apex. Luckily it was such a huge success that they had to wise up and figure out how to have a continuous content pipeline. They've managed to transition over to that without becoming an Epic Games crunch shithole.

Yeah, you die too quick for cosmetics to mean anything, and the game's skill floor is quite high so even CoD veterans seem intimidated. TF2 atm represents a sort of no-nonsense skill based movement for the genre that is currently not in style.

TF3 will happen tho!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I don't think that the Prime Titans were premium enough, honestly. They needed a nice plush cockpit with a charm swinging from the dash and new voicelines (instead of a filter) and all that. Really premo poo poo.

Anyway let's all pray for Titanfall 3. Titanfall 2 owns.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I can understand people being upset with Apex Legends being loved when Titanfall 2 fell over and died despite being one of the best FPS games for a long time, and hell I was one of those people. A Battle Royale game, a genre which I was already incredibly burned out on, set in the Titanfall universe, but without wallrunning, titans and pilots? What is even the point? After trying it out for a bit I also thought the TTK was ridiculous and was personally insulted when my favourite weapon, the Alternator, was (and still kind of is, really) a giant piece of poo poo rather than the badass plinkcannon that it should be.

I've since played 323 hours, making it my longest played game this year. I got 63 in the first Battlepass, maxed out the second, and I'm working my way through the new one. It shouldn't be this good. There should be a new Titanfall 3 pissing all over the new CoD and being cool and hot and beautiful but this is the world we live in where nothing can be good. But Apex Legends? Yeah, it's good. No, actually, it's loving excellent. Respawn has a knack for giving you a polished-rear end, satisfying and beautiful shooting experience and that's what Apex delivers. The movement is more limited than Titanfall, obviously, but it's still incredibly smooth and allows you to do crazy precise movements. The shooting is solid, it's just a huge adjustment period against Titanfall 2's blink-and-you're-dead fighting. I really can't say enough good things about it because I was totally ready to write off the genre and Apex delivers the most satisfying, tightly produced one that I never knew I wanted to play.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Where’s my Titanfall 2 bois av tag

Not that poser poo poo where I just came and played the short campaign then immediately left “titanfall GOTY y’all”

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's wedged between the Battlefield 1 and Call Of Duty Infinite Warfare gang tags

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I don't think that the Prime Titans were premium enough, honestly. They needed a nice plush cockpit with a charm swinging from the dash and new voicelines (instead of a filter) and all that. Really premo poo poo.

Anyway let's all pray for Titanfall 3. Titanfall 2 owns.

I want to customize my eject text to “wow, loser”. And have bobble heads in the cockpit.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Didn’t the beta have a different Titan-enter animation?

Didn’t see it on a cursory glance/google. Would have been cool to pick which animation you wanted

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Titan entry animations vary on approach angle and height and all of them are badass

TF|2 has such incredible animations

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress yeah it did poo poo always pumped me up

Especially with the grapple hook and cutting weird angles

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I thought I saw somewhere that you could edit the eject text on pc (I’m console so can’t confirm)

Cockpit customization is a cool idea for cosmetics actually. I bought a few of the prime titans and elite weapon skins just to support the game. So long as it’s not obnoxiously out of place (like many R6 Siege operator skins) I’m fine with it.

Also no one here is hating on apex, we are just tired of hearing about it in this thread. Multiple people have come through this thread to announce that apex is a good game. That’s cool, if you like it I’m happy for you. Just let this be the thread to discuss titanfall, not apex.

I will rebuy titanfall on pc this winter when I build one and get absolutely demolished by the kb+m skill level. Looking forward to it.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Dropping a Titan never gets old.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

for a game that focused profits on cosmetic poo poo there sure was a huge lack of cosmetic stuff never mind the the time delay on them all lmao

class specific armor was a dumb move

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
As someone who just heard that titanfall 2 was good but underappreciated and really loves apex legends, I can say I'm looking forward to any titanfall 3 in the future and I'm sure they are going to have a HUGE influx of players because of apex compared to just going titanfall 2 to 3 immediately.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Not that poser poo poo where I just came and played the short campaign then immediately left “titanfall GOTY y’all”

"robobois" plz

TF2 gen 20 here, gently caress with me and you get hosed with.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

ZeusCannon posted:

I know we all love this game but im ashamed no one has mentioned the level in which they build a loving level around you and how loving cool that level was.

Uhhhh...we talk about it all the time! It's probably the best level ever produced in an FPS game. That or time-travel parkour...

The moral of the story is that TF2 is the best FPS ever made thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Best level is any level with BT talking to you, giving you thumbs up, or if you wallrun. There are no bad levels in TF2.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

The moral of the story is that TF2 is the best FPS ever made

Though Siege has surpassed it in my damaged brain (only recently), this is an accurate assertion.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

ZeusCannon posted:

The part when you have to ascend on a model street turned 90 degrees, jumping on sides of cars and trash cans... that hosed with my brain like no game ever did.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Welp I finally grabbed a copy of TF2. I am definitely going to get used to wall running and it will get me killed in Apex. Also, 80 rounds in my Spitfire? :getin:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

oh dope posted:

Welp I finally grabbed a copy of TF2. I am definitely going to get used to wall running and it will get me killed in Apex. Also, 80 rounds in my Spitfire? :getin:

not to discourage you but the spitfire isn't considered a gentleman's weapon in titanfall 2 so expect some hate or nasty words

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Gentlemans weapon is using the charge rifle on pilots :colbert:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Remember when the Volt was THE gun? I miss those days...

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Nothing’s better than the rocket launcher and some frags on the no respawn mode. Goddamn I gotta get back into titanfall.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Tokubetsu posted:

not to discourage you but the spitfire isn't considered a gentleman's weapon in titanfall 2 so expect some hate or nasty words

I'll keep that in mind. I've only just dipped my toes into multiplayer so I'm looking forward to trying all these new and exciting things. The Spitfire's iron sights suck anyway.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Use it if you like it, it’s pretty commonly used still even if it gets a lot of hate.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Spitefire's been my fave since my rodeo days in TF1. :blastu:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Im so loving mad at myself for not getting this game earlier

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is there one going around? Hell, I want one.

Been playing Jedi: Fallen Order this weekend. Respawn is a hell of a studio.

Too bad none of that talent is going to be working on Titanfall 3 :shepicide:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
No one ever expects a softball to the face.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Wazzit posted:

Been playing Jedi: Fallen Order this weekend. Respawn is a hell of a studio.

Too bad none of that talent is going to be working on Titanfall 3 :shepicide:

Yeah Fallen Order is really fun. You can definitely feel the Titanfall DNA at times. Maybe now that they've put out two successful games for EA they'll get a chance to do TF3. Maybe.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fallen Order is a breath of fresh air in the current Star Wars climate, but god drat the performance can be so loving spotty.