Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah except it’s 4 people and everything dies in 2 hits anyways and if you die you get revived in 3 turns so you can’t actually lose a raid unless everyone faints people haven’t been very clear about them.

this part makes sense at least considering it's a game for kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

this part makes sense at least considering it's a game for kids

Right. Also looks like anyone competent should have no problem soloing 5 star raids. You get XP & Rare candies, berries, and TR (technical records) from them so that’s how you get more than 1 per game.

So the endgame/competitive loop is something like: wild area raids for HAs and XP/Moves while the Battle Tree is how you get the items to change natures and IV/EVs.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 12, 2019

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Seems like things may get pretty trivial pretty quick if you just hit every raid beacon thingy you come across, but at least it's a mechanic that can be avoided for higher difficulty runs

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Challenge mode: you can only use Pokemon you get from raids and your starter

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
my main annoyance with the raid battles is that apparently, you can do them online or with NPCs, but not by yourself?

which means that, should the raid pokemon be one of the rare Gigamax pokemon, I'll either have to compete against other people trying to catch it, or compete against NPCs who will be constantly attempting to kill it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

my main annoyance with the raid battles is that apparently, you can do them online or with NPCs, but not by yourself?

which means that, should the raid pokemon be one of the rare Gigamax pokemon, I'll either have to compete against other people trying to catch it, or compete against NPCs who will be constantly attempting to kill it

maybe it'll work like Go where you all defeat it and then everybody gets a chance to catch one of their own?

v v v Go raids are either frustratingly hard or laughably easy depending on if your area has a Discord community lol. I was so frustrated by them I was about to quit and then I found out about the group, now it's always like 12+ people killdozering it

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Interesting that in-game raids are easier than Pokemon Go (phone app) raids. That poo poo is hard, but also has the added benefit of people below 13 largely aren't allowed to play due to microtransactions or some poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Challenge mode: you can only use Pokemon you get from raids and your starter

Challenge mode: you can only use the six lowest level Pokémon you have. You also have to catch anything you don’t have. The more Pokémon you catch the more your team will rotate as you use whatever 6 are lowest. You can pop into the Wild Area from most of the map for box access or just at Pokémon centers in town.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Is there an easy way to access an EV clearing item this time around?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Blaziken386 posted:

You automatically get the option to capture it when you drain its HP.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

extra row of teeth posted:

Aaaaa I would love one, thank you! :neckbeard: May I PM you?

In exchange I can offer anything from the dex and 5 IV mons as well as attach Master Balls or any other pain in the rear end items that could be useful.

Sure just send me your info. Only thing I think I'd want is shinyfying a tympole. If that's not doable that's fine just trade me something easy to give away like a wurmple.

FC: 5129-5306-3661

IGN: Kane

Also this has a pikachu in it so I feel justified sharing this int he pokemon thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/du99pu/the_music_fits_quite_nicely_for_this_little_guy/

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

notthegoatseguy posted:

Interesting that in-game raids are easier than Pokemon Go (phone app) raids. That poo poo is hard, but also has the added benefit of people below 13 largely aren't allowed to play due to microtransactions or some poo poo.

Thank god - 90% of raids in PoGo are impossible for me due to the lack of other players and all the PokeStops being a fair distance from me.

I would be bummed if the only way to get certain pokemon in a mainline game required a 40-man raid schedule. Here's hoping my boyfriend and I can duo them.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Open Marriage Night posted:

You automatically get the option to capture it when you drain its HP.
oh good

some might say guaranteed catches are against tradition, but those people have probably never seen a shiny abra

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea the RNG is that raid mons aren't 100% giganta/dyna/whatevermafuckit, or 100% HA, so your randomness comes from that rather than 'did this loving bot just solar beam the pokemon at 1 hp, gently caress you robot'.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

oh good

some might say guaranteed catches are against tradition, but those people have probably never seen a shiny abra

it's unlikely it's a guaranteed catch, just that you'll get a chance at it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

it's unlikely it's a guaranteed catch, just that you'll get a chance at it

nah I'd be surprised if it could break out, the whole art of it is you're using a big spirit bomb pokeball thing and all, it's not a 'real' catch

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Code based trading = trading with friend codes? Ah ok, that's not nearly as bad then.

Still seems a bit lame to ship the game before the online is actually ready, though?

what makes you think its not ready and not that theyre just not putting it in?

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Dienes posted:

Thank god - 90% of raids in PoGo are impossible for me due to the lack of other players and all the PokeStops being a fair distance from me.

I would be bummed if the only way to get certain pokemon in a mainline game required a 40-man raid schedule. Here's hoping my boyfriend and I can duo them.

Just find an an NPC with 40 rotom-phones attached to their bike and I think you'll be ok.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Did I misread that list of removed moves from Reddit, or is Barrier gone while Light Screen stays? That makes no sense.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Did I misread that list of removed moves from Reddit, or is Barrier gone while Light Screen stays? That makes no sense.

Reflect is the Light Screen counterpart. Barrier is Mr. Mime's defense boost move.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Bee posted:

Reflect is the Light Screen counterpart. Barrier is Mr. Mime's defense boost move.
Oh. Then hell yeah get that poo poo outta here and I'm just a moron. Thank you.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Barrier is just a weird way to spell Reflect . But, yeah, Bye-Bye, those moves. Could've been remixed into something interesting, but nope.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/birdlegscass/status/1194372879363821568?s=21

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I bet that's how mr punk rock pokemon evolves then at least

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

sexpig by night posted:

yeah it definitely reads as a toxel evo item. the youth are being corrupted by that 'punk rock' music i hear so much about these days

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lol yesss

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

what a weirdly specific lie to make

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brother Entropy posted:

what a weirdly specific lie to make

I do enjoy this brand of conspiracy when it pops up where it involves the person you're mad at actively putting in work and time and resources to make their thing worse just because they hate you

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Unless someone's fabricating webms now, the buds unlock the mixer controls in options but you can still manually control the master volume using your Switch because that would be loving insane otherwise

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Honestly I'd be glad to hear it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
I'm hesitant to believe this. Escape Rope's a key item now, and there's no quantity symbol next to either of these items. The description also does an awful job of implying evolution. The grand majority of evolution causing items read "it is loved by a certain Pokemon", and this doesn't.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i mainly just wanted to post the tweet in case either reality happens to be it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That tweet is the lie. don't listen to liars lying about lies.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Bee posted:

I'm hesitant to believe this. Escape Rope's a key item now, and there's no quantity symbol next to either of these items. The description also does an awful job of implying evolution. The grand majority of evolution causing items read "it is loved by a certain Pokemon", and this doesn't.

This is a good post and I think a good appraisal

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i don't know what the eff to trust in anymore

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

Brother Entropy posted:

The Grinch, probably.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Brother Entropy posted:

yourself

or alternatively, the heart of the cards

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Do we know if we will be able to control the pokemon flying or will it be a fast travel like always

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Flopsy posted:

Sure just send me your info. Only thing I think I'd want is shinyfying a tympole. If that's not doable that's fine just trade me something easy to give away like a wurmple.

FC: 5129-5306-3661

IGN: Kane

Also this has a pikachu in it so I feel justified sharing this int he pokemon thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/du99pu/the_music_fits_quite_nicely_for_this_little_guy/

I’m going to try and get my AR up and running again so if you are ok with it being TOTALLY AND 100% LEGIT I SWEAR, I could probably get you a shiny tympole. Going to reinstall AR after posting this.

1349 5241 1721 ign Pena

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what's the travel situation in general, actually, didn't the trailers have some bike weirdness like a water one and all?