Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

ANOTHER SCORCHER posted:

Carter was a precursor to the New Dems who was almost primaried from the left by Ted loving Kennedy. He put Paul Volcker in charge of the Fed and ramped up US intervention in El Salvador which Reagan took the reins of. He was also responsible for bringing the evangelical-moral-majority types out of their political seclusion before Reagan grabbed them for the right.

Don't let his adequate post-presidency blind you to the fact he was a center-right lovely neoliberal Dem at best. Obama 1.0.

ramped up intervention is a funny way of stating fostering war crimes though you’re right. not excusing his presidency but he was at least honest with america if even just once lol. low bar to hurdle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
funny thing is dinesh would have a point if he attacked the hypothesis of nuclear winter specifically. but the fact he just ignores that we’ve never had an all out nuclear war which means the hypothesis couldn’t be tested just shows how dumb he is about it.

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
https://exiledonline.com/mister-mcfahk-goes-to-fuckberg-the-continuing-saga-of-amb-michael-mcfauls-epic-struggle-with-language/

Just learned about this but it's pretty funny

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Ugato posted:

funny thing is dinesh would have a point if he attacked the hypothesis of nuclear winter specifically. but the fact he just ignores that we’ve never had an all out nuclear war which means the hypothesis couldn’t be tested just shows how dumb he is about it.

honestly the way that tweet is written makes it sound like he thinks we did have a nuclear war

I've seen some interesting critique of the nuclear winter model but like, we still don't have empirical confirmation one way or another. It's not a like "hey remember when this happened" option.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I mean even if nuclear winter turns out to be false its still a good illustrating point that if there is ever a full nuclear exchange humanity is donzo anyways, so don't do that you loving morons

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
imagine being okay with a nuclear war under any circumstances

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

We should totally do a nuclear war. Commit honourable nukepuku instead of letting Mother Nature slowly burn us to death for our crimes.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Feldegast42 posted:

I mean even if nuclear winter turns out to be false its still a good illustrating point that if there is ever a full nuclear exchange humanity is donzo anyways, so don't do that you loving morons

the early research that concluded that nuclear winter might be a thing was bad science based on extrapolations from volcanic eruptions, which the soviets then latched onto and disseminated as a propaganda campaign

that's not to say it's necessarily untrue, but it's certainly an interesting tactic

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

old.flv posted:

Tbf we all got drunk that night

I was working at a bar that very night and watching the dawning realization on people's faces somewhere around midnight that things were going sideways was very, very funny in retrospect

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the many achievements of the Democratic Supermajority

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
a) mccain being nominated

b) suspending his campaign because the economy was imploding

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

Did people try to equate this with bailing out of a plane?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Jesus I had completely forgotten about Rex Tillerson

Including how he got bullied into running for secretary of state by his wife

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I'd pay $60 to watch trump take a standardized test on ppv, not gonna lie. I wouldnt even need to see the results; just the questions and what he answers along with like a dozen camera angles i can choose from like UFC's online ppv service. It would be the funniest thing ever

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

MikeCrotch posted:

wasn't he bullied into it by god?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

which led to him cancelling his david letterman appearance to do a press interview in the same building
which david found out about and mocked since he had access to the video feed of them prepping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5FGkpfsbM

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Dinesh Desouza going to jail lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

c) a bunch of advisers telling him he should pick Sarah Palin as his VP and then doing it

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

spacemang_spliff posted:

c) a bunch of advisers telling him he should pick Sarah Palin as his VP and then doing it

Sarah Palin was 8 years too early

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

Dinesh Desouza going to jail lmao

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/956507441306525696

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

it's still funny lol

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

MikeCrotch posted:

And now I just remembered how he was told of his firing while he was takin a dump

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

duz posted:

which led to him cancelling his david letterman appearance to do a press interview in the same building
which david found out about and mocked since he had access to the video feed of them prepping
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5FGkpfsbM

lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

cool dance moves posted:

And now I just remembered how he was told of his firing while he was takin a dump

eat your salad rex

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The soviets largely invented the idea of nuclear winter because they wanted to discourage the americans from starting a 'winnable' nuclear war - i.e., even if you get all the nukes with a first strike, you still lose.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

She fell off but this poo poo never stops being funny

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Mark Sanford just dropped out of the his nominal challenge to Trump.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vecw539MjWM

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Bring tea for the Tillerson,
Steak that's well-done
Big Macs for the team that made #1
Hilldawg drink your tears away
'Cause 45 is here to stay
Oh, Lord, you know I'm here to stay
It's a grifty day, it's a grifty day

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

spacemang_spliff posted:

Because they wouldn't let him have his first pick: Joe Lieberman.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
i lost a bet in 2006 that if Lieberman lost his primary he wouldn't run as an independent.

i had to get my bellybutton pierced.

i'm a dude

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mooyashi posted:

i lost a bet in 2006 that if Lieberman lost his primary he wouldn't run as an independent.

i had to get my bellybutton pierced.

i'm a dude

Do you still have it?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
actually you forgot Poland

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

rex tillerson was a lifetime ago.

how is it that 2012-2016 lasted 1 year and 2016-2019 have lasted 10 years?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Spergin Morlock posted:

Do you still have it?

had to keep it in for 8 weeks and show it to whomever the bet winner wanted, whenever he wanted. it was a pink stone straight out of Claire's.

after almost two months of him disappearing whenever we went to the bar to be met by giggling groups where i'd have to bear my stomach, this drop dead gorgeous woman walks up to me

"hey, are you mooyashi?"
'yeah yeah yeah' *lifts shirt to show off navel piercing*

"i... i think we rode the bus together in middle school"

sigh

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Kevos Setzer posted:

Because they wouldn't let him have his first pick: Joe Lieberman.

lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mooyashi posted:

had to keep it in for 8 weeks and show it to whomever the bet winner wanted, whenever he wanted. it was a pink stone straight out of Claire's.

after almost two months of him disappearing whenever we went to the bar to be met by giggling groups where i'd have to bear my stomach, this drop dead gorgeous woman walks up to me

"hey, are you mooyashi?"
'yeah yeah yeah' *lifts shirt to show off navel piercing*

"i... i think we rode the bus together in middle school"

sigh

poo poo lol

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

rex tillerson was a lifetime ago.

how is it that 2012-2016 lasted 1 year and 2016-2019 have lasted 10 years?

how many years ago does it feel like when steve scalise had his dick and balls shot off? did that happen before or after the mass shooting in las vegas? were either of those the same year someone in an “lol” shirt participated in an assassination staged as a reality show prank?

they were all in 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Sarah Palin was 8 years too early

Nah she just had a dud running mate.