Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Unlucky7 posted:

Where are you hearing that?

Kind of a chain of events. Japanese fans are now sending Masuda death threats because of course they are because he said "thanks!" to someone saying they're excited to play with their bayleef in sword and shield.

Link

It appears some fans were following leaks and US news outlets and thats how they know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

thank you to the people who talked up pokeaim earlier, i'm liking his videos. i'm in the middle of this one that's going through all the new moves old 'mons are getting and it's getting me hyped up about playing competitive again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_lsyDzZ-fk

Yeah, I'm really interested to see how blastoise and gengar do with their new moves.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wait is it true that they never announced the dex cut in Japan?

Why wouldn't they announce that of all things to their customers there

Yup lol. The fans that found out via western leaks are PISSED. Death threats aren’t cool though, no matter what country you’re from.

Brother Entropy posted:

thank you to the people who talked up pokeaim earlier, i'm liking his videos. i'm in the middle of this one that's going through all the new moves old 'mons are getting and it's getting me hyped up about playing competitive again

Aim’s great, he’s informative without being spergy and he’s freakishly good at competitive. He’a also very good at explaining his thought process while he’s doing it so you don’t have to be a level 100 Smogon turbonerd to understand his plays. His videos where he just takes random teams and steamrolls people are very entertaining.

I’m looking forward to seeing him and the other top players figure out the new meta as much as I am getting in there myself.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hell yeah my boy rotom's got nasty plot now

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Also apparently a bunch of the Pokemon are actually in the game according to dataminers. Not sure what they are locked behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYaRkUmj-I4

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There's muliple evo items according to that one google dox

I think those are for the decoration, though? Those items seem to make it evolve and are in the creme hair on its head but we've seen images of other color Alcremie with the same decorations, so we're not sure what determines the body color yet. A couple pages into the gamefaqs thread they are thinking it may be a Vivillon-type situation.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 13, 2019

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Someone claims to have figured out the key to Toxtricty's form change:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MattFrancis_/status/1194375026151231489

Also, this thread gives more info on the earbuds and Toxtricity's abilities: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/259372-pokemon-sword/78152737

Can somebody link that page that listed all the gen 8 stats again? I'd like to see how their natures measure up against their stat layout.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

extra row of teeth posted:

Yup lol. The fans that found out via western leaks are PISSED. Death threats aren’t cool though, no matter what country you’re from.

Yeah, the behavior in that article is distressing but I still can't believe they didn't announce the cuts over there. That's just bonkers.

ZHamburglar posted:

Also apparently a bunch of the Pokemon are actually in the game according to dataminers. Not sure what they are locked behind.

Yeah there's 35 apparently

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Sleeping Sigma posted:

I think those are for the decoration, though? Those items seem to make it evolve and are in the creme hair on its head but we've seen images of other color Alcremie with the same decorations, so we're not sure what determines the body color yet. A couple pages into the gamefaqs thread they are thinking it may be a Vivillon-type situation.

yeah they're for the decorations you just takethe Pre-evo, give it the Flavour item you want to evolve it and the Alcreamie you get has that design.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

yeah they're for the decorations you just takethe Pre-evo, give it the Flavour item you want to evolve it and the Alcreamie you get has that design.

If that were the case, how would this occur, then?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZHamburglar posted:

Basically they’re the Kanto and Alola starters, a bunch of legendaries(Most mythicals and a few weird ones like the Gen 5 dragon trio?), Meltan+Melmetal, Alolan forms, and 2 mythicals that have no info and are probably the Gen 8 ones. Most of these will probably be obtained from events/max raids. Meltan+Melmetal will 100% be transferable from Home since it has a gigantamax form.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 13, 2019

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, the behavior in that article is distressing but I still can't believe they didn't announce the cuts over there. That's just bonkers.

I am sorry but I am failing to see the correlation. For all I know it could be just Japanese fans that found out at the same time the west did and are still pissed about the cuts. You know, just like American fans.

EDIT: Okay, I think I twigged to what was being said; It was the actual cuts (What pokemon made it in and which are not) not being announced, not the fact that there will be cuts. Do I have the right of it? If so then I still do not see what the big deal is (Technically we didn't know what the actual cuts were either) but whatever.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 13, 2019

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Officially, the dex cuts were mentioned in the E3 and nowhere else, wasn't it?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I refuse to believe they’re this dumb.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I think the only way to justify having expanded sound controls locked behind an item is if you get it immediately (like 30 seconds or less into the game) and it’s a new feature to the series, so they wanna make sure people know it’s there by having your mom tell you it’s there or something.

I have no idea if it’s new to the series or not, though.

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

Didn't they first announce the dex cuts during an E3 interview?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kind of a chain of events. Japanese fans are now sending Masuda death threats because of course they are because he said "thanks!" to someone saying they're excited to play with their bayleef in sword and shield.

Link

It appears some fans were following leaks and US news outlets and thats how they know.

Despite being pretty boomed down with the dexit myself, stuff like this actually make me wish they would have cut even more. jfc way to toxicly overreact, seems the gaming community learned nothing from the Waluigi4Smash debacle

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Super No Vacancy posted:

they aren't, japanese people have the internet too, they learned it when we did

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

So it's worse than we thought: Galar is filled with Genwunners!!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

They are, and/or shady depending on your POV. Either way it’s nuts that a Japanese, NINTENDO franchise would dick over their home country like that. That’s unheard of. Total insanity no matter what one thinks of the game otherwise.

TOMMY PROVOLONE posted:

Didn't they first announce the dex cuts during an E3 interview?

They announced it in a Nintendo treehouse after E3 wasn’t it?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Unlucky7 posted:

I am sorry but I am failing to see the correlation. For all I know it could be just Japanese fans that found out at the same time the west did and are still pissed about the cuts. You know, just like American fans.

EDIT: Okay, I think I twigged to what was being said; It was the actual cuts (What pokemon made it in and which are not) not being announced, not the fact that there will be cuts. Do I have the right of it? If so then I still do not see what the big deal is (Technically we didn't know what the actual cuts were either) but whatever.

Apparently the website never updated to with the information and it was left out of their E3 presentation/treehouse thing. That message to the fans that we got wasn't posted in Japan either, instead Masuda posted a short message on his personal twitter and it didn't get retweeted or anything.

Link

That's the jist of what I'm getting anyway.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, I'm not really sure I believe that absolutely no Japanese media publication translated big news like that from the E3 coverage.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

sexpig by night posted:

they aren't, japanese people have the internet too, they learned it when we did

Yeah, and Pokémon is now a worldwide release. The days when we would know everything because the JP version has been out for months are over. I am not sure what Nintendo and GF did wrong here other than putting out an unfortunate tweet.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Nintendo Soup likes to take things out of context. They're an unreliable source.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Pylons posted:

Yeah, I'm not really sure I believe that absolutely no Japanese media publication translated big news like that from the E3 coverage.

Apparently they didn’t! The news didn’t spread in Japan until early last week which is why twitter is exploding and the devs are getting death threats.

I saw some curated posts and while a lot of the fan rage is hilariously similar to the USA, apparently a lot of people are furious at James Turner too? I don’t know if he’s the scapegoat while the west prefers Masuda or if they just hate the new designs while we don’t care about the style shift because it is more western but would bother a western audience less? I don’t know, it’s interesting to see regardless.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Brother Entropy posted:

Onix/Steelix getting Dragon Dance is hilarious and i'm definitely going to try and make that work somehow

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Araxxor posted:

Nintendo Soup likes to take things out of context. They're an unreliable source.

Never heard of them before so I wasn't aware. My bad if that's the case :sweatdrop:

Seeing a few of those posts in the first article asking if it was all real though has me wondering how well known it is though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Apparently they didn’t! The news didn’t spread in Japan until early last week which is why twitter is exploding and the devs are getting death threats.

I saw some curated posts and while a lot of the fan rage is hilariously similar to the USA, apparently a lot of people are furious at James Turner too? I don’t know if he’s the scapegoat while the west prefers Masuda or if they just hate the new designs while we don’t care about the style shift because it is more western but would bother a western audience less? I don’t know, it’s interesting to see regardless.

They did.

http://jin115.com/archives/52260709.html

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Unlucky7 posted:

Yeah, and Pokémon is now a worldwide release. The days when we would know everything because the JP version has been out for months are over. I am not sure what Nintendo and GF did wrong here other than putting out an unfortunate tweet.

yea the actual story is pretty obviously 'some social media person didn't read a tweet fully, saw 'excited to play the game with' and just went 'thanks' without thinking' and oh what a shock japan has insufferable violent nerds too

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I can’t read Japanese. Did they announce the cuts earlier but in a very obscure way so that fans only know now? Or did they hide the leaks? Or was it laid out plain as day and they were willfully obtuse?

Because from what I read they did not know it until recently, but my sources are from the same unreliable fans and leakers as everyone else.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I cannot say this enough, Japan has the internet too

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

I think their issue is them finding out via the internet and not from the devs because the devs didn’t have the balls.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The first article that was Thisisacoolguy linked said that there was a similar Dexit hashtag, 5 months ago.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I can’t read Japanese. Did they announce the cuts earlier but in a very obscure way so that fans only know now? Or did they hide the leaks? Or was it laid out plain as day and they were willfully obtuse?

Because from what I read they did not know it until recently, but my sources are from the same unreliable fans and leakers as everyone else.

This is probably one of the biggest gaming news sites in Japan posting the message from Masuda.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I think their issue is them finding out via the internet and not from the devs because the devs didn’t have the balls.

If not through the internet then where or how the gently caress were they supposed to do it?!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

^^
I think there is a difference between finding it out from otherseas media not in their language (albeit still official), and directly from the devs in their own media.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sexpig by night posted:

yea the actual story is pretty obviously 'some social media person didn't read a tweet fully, saw 'excited to play the game with' and just went 'thanks' without thinking' and oh what a shock japan has insufferable violent nerds too

The only significant difference between American violent nerds and Japanese violent nerds is that the latter get visited by the cops.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Then Reddit was wrong, then. I am shocked, nay, gobsmacked that random Reddit leakers and translators got it wrong.

Why is Japan freaking out now, then? Is it the cut confirmation?

qnqnx posted:

^^
I think there is a difference between finding it out from otherseas media not in their language (albeit still official), and directly from the devs in their own media.

This is what I was trying to communicate.

Also lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

This is what I was trying to communicate.

Fair enough.

Why is Japan freaking out now, then? Is it the cut confirmation?

That is what I think. The article said that someone said that they wanted to play SwSh with their Bayleef, Matsuda replied to that tweet in the positive, but then it turned out that Bayleef was cut so now everyone is accusing him of making a mean joke.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 13, 2019