Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dumb Lowtax posted:

This newer one I bought, yeah it came from a legal store, but there's no guarantee the owner of this particular store won't be hit with scandal years later for having filled out some extra inventory space with nearby bootleg supplies. It's possible for legal stores to be safe in general but for one particular store still have a dirty business secret. It's possible.

Ask yourself this question: Does the legal store you're buying from have a large monetary investment if their business? A legitimate business man will not risk his licensing, potential jail time, losing everything he has just to make $10 on a cart. Legal weed stores and dispensaries make enough WITHOUT having to sell bootleg product.

Good example is Platinum Vapes in Michigan. About a year and a half ago, there was a sudden influx of extremely sketchy knock off Platinum carts at some of the dispensaries that were not fully licensed with the state. This was during a really weird transition where the Republican-led state government wanted the weed tax dollars, but hated the idea of weed being out there, so they were pretty lax on enforcement with the temporary operating license dispensaries. Once they locked down the rules and squeezed out those who weren't going to play by the books, things returned to normal and we all kept getting high with our carts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Oregon's got all this weed to help us forget that we all have electric ranges.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Mr. Dick posted:

Oregon's got all this weed to help us forget that we all have electric ranges.

I miss my gas range.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Harton posted:

God drat....this green dragon has had me making GBS threads liquid that smells like ditch weed for the past week. You’d think I would stop drinking it every 4 hours but..........well I haven’t.

Eating ABV gives me the nastiest weed shits. I had my office bathroom smelling like the underside of high school bleachers last time I had some.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Eat a peppermint oil capsule first next time

red19fire
May 26, 2010

is pepsi ok posted:

Eating ABV gives me the nastiest weed shits. I had my office bathroom smelling like the underside of high school bleachers last time I had some.

Wouldn't it be better to make like canna butter or something like that? straight up ABV sounds awful, like eating tea leaves.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

red19fire posted:

Wouldn't it be better to make like canna butter or something like that? straight up ABV sounds awful, like eating tea leaves.

Yes, yes it is. ABV is loving disgusting no matter how you prepare it. The best method I ever used was to wrap it in cheesecloth and soak it in water, then dry it and blend it up in a smoothie. Still an insanely gross texture but the flavor is mostly gone.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Depending on the volume you need you can just put it in 00 caps and eat like a handful of them. You'll still get burps though. Trust me on the peppermint oil capsule.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

A lot of people's bodies can't handle digesting the mostly-raw vegetable matter in ABV, hence why its a better idea to put it in a fatty substance of some kind. I keep reading that people should also add soy lecithin to it because it binds to the stomach better, but it seems like BS to me because lecithin is mostly for allowing emulsification of water and fat together and decarbed weed & abv aren't water soluble. I tried both ways and didn't notice a difference, yet all the guides on the internet keep recommending it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

is pepsi ok posted:

Yes, yes it is. ABV is loving disgusting no matter how you prepare it. The best method I ever used was to wrap it in cheesecloth and soak it in water, then dry it and blend it up in a smoothie. Still an insanely gross texture but the flavor is mostly gone.

Oh, I took some in capsules before and never experienced poo poo

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

here's an idea when you're done with the weed and it becomes avb throw it out. it's nasty

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

using my mouth as an ashtray to get as high as i can

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
when i was in college, i would vape weed three times and then smoke it

it was...... terrible

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Hell Yeah posted:

here's an idea when you're done with the weed and it becomes avb throw it out. it's nasty

Yeah, I'm firmly in this camp after trying it once. The ABV didn't do poo poo for me and that's a lot of work and I make too much money to gently caress around with that poo poo

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

i've definitely smoked my share of vape poo, wondering "why am i doing this" all along

anyone feel like sativas make you better with foreign languages? not that it improves my vocabulary or anything, but i am way more confident speaking Spanish when i can ignore the obvious grammatical errors i'm producing thanks to our lady of perpetual nugz

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I've compulsively hoarded vape poo for years. I used to periodically run out of weed and turn it into edibles/isohash, which works fine but it's a weird high compared to real weed unless you mix it with some to restore some balance to the cannabinoids. Now though I'm a grownup and can't remember the last time I was out of weed when I couldn't just get some more asap, so this poo poo piles up. I've got some in gelcaps and it's fun to eat one sometimes to boost all the rest of the weed in my life and give it some legs but at this rate I'll drown in ABV before I use it all. It's geting to the point that it would be really impractical to even make edibles from all of it. But I can't throw it away. It has value. If civilization collapses tomorrow it could get me through months, maybe even years of hard times. I'd never smoke it though. That's gross and weird unless youu're just using it as a bed for some kief

So yeah, any day now I'm gonna throw all this nasty poo poo away

E: BEHOLD

They are quart jars and the full one is absolutely packed

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Nov 13, 2019

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Dude pour some Everclear in there.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

my argument against using vape poo is not that it's gross to consume which it is, but i can deal with that part. the problem with vaped weed is that you've already extracted all of the good stuff off it vaporizing it. what's left is like a little thc, cbn, and gross tasting wax and resin. it's missing all the terpenes, esters, ketones, and other stuff that makes smoking weed taste and smell so good. also it doesn't feel as good, even taking it as an edible it feels tired and used up. if i knew someone who was so desperate for weed they would consider consuming vape poo in any way, i would just give them some cured flower. no one deserves to have to smoke vape poo.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah since I started growing I am a lot more flippant with my weed. I toss joint roaches all day, sometimes big ones I’d never forgive myself for tossing a few years ago.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
I kept all my ABV starting on Legalization Day here in Canada, to see how much I vaped over a year. Just shy of 100g in a year, give or take since I smoked a couple joints and threw out some when I was traveling or whatever.

I felt bad throwing it away but last time I made butter with ABV it was godawful and it's so easy to just pop by a store and get more weed it just doesn't seem worth it anymore.

I guess that makes me weed bougie or whatever but :shrug:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Honestly just thinking about the taste of ABV makes me gag a little.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Harton posted:

Honestly just thinking about the taste of ABV makes me gag a little.

:hfive:

The smell drat near does it for me.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
yeah I messed with ABV once and was like nah. and Im broke as gently caress.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i do challenge anybody to vape ABV again, then smoke it

it's a once-in-a-lifetime taste sensation

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
For the less versed, what is this stuff you guys are referring to? The stuff that's leftover in my Firefly after I'm done vaping?

Chopsy
Dec 27, 2005

GUNS GUNS GUNS
BIKES BIKES
YOUR MOM

Zipperelli. posted:

For the less versed, what is this stuff you guys are referring to? The stuff that's leftover in my Firefly after I'm done vaping?

That's my understanding of it: Already Been Vaped

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I've posted it before but 10g of ABV in a 600ml chocolate milk simmered for 15min got me so high that I couldn't get out of bed for 2 days.

It's not bad but it's not great either.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
I never feel like waking and baking. There's far too much effort required to do that.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Wake up, bake up

Too complicate

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Laserface posted:

I've posted it before but 10g of ABV in a 600ml chocolate milk simmered for 15min got me so high that I couldn't get out of bed for 2 days.

It's not bad but it's not great either.

it's so hard to know what the mg equivalent is when using abv, especially if you don't have a lab test measurement of the weed before you vaped most of the good stuff out. you don't know till you try if you're going to have a fun night watching movies, or if you're going to puke on the way to work still high the next day, and it is a very fine line between those two

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

piratepilates posted:

it's so hard to know what the mg equivalent is when using abv, especially if you don't have a lab test measurement of the weed before you vaped most of the good stuff out. you don't know till you try if you're going to have a fun night watching movies, or if you're going to puke on the way to work still high the next day, and it is a very fine line between those two

actually i think you could have done a little research and quickly ascertained that 10g was a lot

TCC recommendations are like, a teaspoon, or 3 00 gelcaps

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The Real Amethyst posted:

I never feel like waking and baking. There's far too much effort required to do that.

You fill a 1 hitter or something the night before and keep it on your nightstand

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

anyone feel like sativas make you better with foreign languages?

good thread title imo

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you could use 10g of abv or you could use like .7g of fresh weed and get the same effect and have much better flavored burps. 10g of abv is so much your shits probably smell like abv for days

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Because of this thread I've started popping 1-2 poo caps in the morning with my morning vapebongs and instead of sobering up in the middle of the day it's just smooth sailing, and no weird poo high either

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf0Lv3egcMc

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I took 27 big gel caps of ABV. I was high but it only lasted a few hours.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

piratepilates posted:

poverty goat posted:

actually i think you could have done a little research and quickly ascertained that 10g was a lot

TCC recommendations are like, a teaspoon, or 3 00 gelcaps

I intended to only drink 60ml and save the rest.

I got distracted by a guest in the house and looked down to see I had drank to the whole thing over the course of about 30min.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Laserface posted:

I intended to only drink 60ml and save the rest.

I got distracted by a guest in the house and looked down to see I had drank to the whole thing over the course of about 30min.

this is definitely not an empty post: LOL my man you live fast and loose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

What the gently caress? I just clicked on this thread expecting pics of nice Js and stuff but you guys are eating vaped weed and giving yourselves diarrhea with bong water or some poo poo. You all need to calm down.