Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mokinokaro posted:

Looks like the movie will be coming to Canada as well

https://www.cineplex.com/Movie/konosuba-gods-blessing-on-this-wonderful-world-legend-of-crimson-japanese-west

EDIT: \/ they are slowly expanding it. Be patient.

gently caress yeah its playing in my city Im dragging my brother along to watch it. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tell him to adjust his expectations to tolerate silly idiots.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I was curious, is the movie watchable without having seen the anime? I was thinking of dragging some friends along who haven't seen all of it l.

I brought a friend with little interest in anime to it because we were in Tokyo when it released and he thought it was funny

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wark Say posted:

Tell him to adjust his expectations to tolerate silly idiots.

It took over a year but I convinced him to watch the show and I think he secretly enjoyed it because he did not object to going to watch this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully he's ready to guffaw his heart out.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Just saw the movie and it was amazing.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

I really like the new final battle they added, it was amazing and I think helps make the bad Sylvia thing less of a problem with Kazuma deciding to make up for it in his own special way. Plus more Vanir and Wiz is always welcome

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Why does it feel like something is pressing against me.

There is something pressing against you :stare:

But this was a great movie. RIP Sylvia

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 13, 2019

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I wished they did the part with the flowers at the start of their trip but oh well. The final battle more than made up for the little things. No looking at what was in the wreckage of the giant vault either I thought the pacing was really fast too but they crammed a lot in.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

doomisland posted:

I wished they did the part with the flowers at the start of their trip but oh well. The final battle more than made up for the little things. No looking at what was in the wreckage of the giant vault either I thought the pacing was really fast too but they crammed a lot in.

Yeah I think they could have probably extended the run time another 10 minutes or so without harming the pacing and fitting in a few more scenes. Still a really fun movie though

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I love how it's just more of the same. Same kind of writing, same kind of jokes, but the animation production value bumped up to insane heights

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Great movie. Love my big dumb stupid idiots

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

That was more Konosuba alright. Having a theater bass system for the explosions was good.

I wish there was more talking bits that weren't part of the plot progression. Just talking about the mysterious sword in the village or spending more time that wasn't directly tied to the boss battles.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Fuuuuuuck I bought tickets like two weeks ago and completely forgot. Just shoot me.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Yeah, the different ending with the extra battle and whatnot was a nice surprise for somebody who read all the books. I do also agree that I wished they included the scene at the start of the journey with the flower girl. It is a recurring thing in the series and this was the first introduction to it.

I also wish they had kept all the scenes where the Crimson Demons trolled the poo poo out of Sylvia. In the novels, Sylvia doesn't take away their magic, so they proceed to spend the entire time trolling her with the teleport spell. Even Yunyun's crowning moment where she earns the respect of her village was done with the intent to troll the hell out of Sylvia. I really missed that aspect of the fight.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Vengarr posted:

Fuuuuuuck I bought tickets like two weeks ago and completely forgot. Just shoot me.

There is another showing in 2 days on the 14th according to Fathom events.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
The movie was super fun and super funny. They really could have resurrected the jiggle counter from ADV's release of Plastic Little but that's Konosuba for you.

I'm glad to see at least a little Kazumin OTP and I hope that season 3 continues it. Also the Crimson Demons are the single best RPG species ever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Almost forgot:

After the credits were rolling, as my wife and I sat in our seats just chilling for a bit, we could overhear a discussion a row behind us. A couple of people were discussing the....morality of Kazuma considering Megumin as a viable romantic partner. A quote:

"Yeah, she's 13, but that's the age of consent in the land of Konosuba."

Friends, you would not believe how quickly the majority of people remaining in the theater, my party included, decided that was suddenly the best time to leave. Never change, anime fans. Or do. Please do, actually.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
To move quickly away from that, I did love the ending scene. It was cute seeing Kazuma understanding just how much explosion magic meant to Megumin and deciding to just go with it instead of forcing her to give up on her dreams.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

To move quickly away from that, I did love the ending scene. It was cute seeing Kazuma understanding just how much explosion magic meant to Megumin and deciding to just go with it instead of forcing her to give up on her dreams.

For all that Kazuma yells and complains about how much trouble they are, it’s clear how much he actually cares about his little group when it truly matters. It’s one of my favorite things about the series and Kazuma, when it really counts he’s a friend you can count on, even if it can take a while for him to get to that point

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Hunt11 posted:

To move quickly away from that

Everybody did.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I could have sworn there was some kind of age shift? Like the novels had everyone older and the anime made them younger, or something like that.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

MJP posted:

I could have sworn there was some kind of age shift? Like the novels had everyone older and the anime made them younger, or something like that.

They were older in the original web novel. The anime and light novels shifted everybody down 3-4 years.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
In the web novel they were all older, the party was basically college aged, but the ages were all shifted younger for the LN version (and consequently the anime).

;efb

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hunt11 posted:

The heart gave me life.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

Almost forgot:

After the credits were rolling, as my wife and I sat in our seats just chilling for a bit, we could overhear a discussion a row behind us. A couple of people were discussing the....morality of Kazuma considering Megumin as a viable romantic partner. A quote:

"Yeah, she's 13, but that's the age of consent in the land of Konosuba."

Friends, you would not believe how quickly the majority of people remaining in the theater, my party included, decided that was suddenly the best time to leave. Never change, anime fans. Or do. Please do, actually.

I left right as the credits rolled. Please tell me that there weren't any mid-credits or post-credits scenes

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 13, 2019

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

el dorito posted:

I left right as the credits rolled. Please tell me that there weren't any mid-credits or post-credits scenes

Crunchyroll-hime showed up and introduced Subaru as the next member of the Isekai Quartet Cinematic Universe.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Megumin doesn’t really resemble a 13-year-old, anyway, like, at all.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Takoluka posted:

Crunchyroll-hime showed up and introduced Subaru as the next member of the Isekai Quartet Cinematic Universe.

that's nice. I don't follow isekai quartet and I don't know who subaru is so it's all good.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

el dorito posted:

that's nice. I don't follow isekai quartet and I don't know who subaru is so it's all good.

this was a joke about marvel movies, so please do not take my post seriously

e: also oh man, watch isekai quartet

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Shinjobi posted:

Everybody did.

this was probably why I came in right as the movie started and left right as the credits rolled.

immediately went to a bar in walking distance so that I could get a drink and post behind an anonymous internet handle rather than discuss it in person

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been reading volume 5 since I can't make the movie, there's a line where Megumin specifically says she just turned 14. I have no idea how old Kazuma is, maybe 16?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Takoluka posted:

this was a joke about marvel movies, so please do not take my post seriously

I didn't, and I appreciate the reference

without spoiling anything, the post credits scene of spiderman homecoming was the funniest thing

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've been reading volume 5 since I can't make the movie, there's a line where Megumin specifically says she just turned 14. I have no idea how old Kazuma is, maybe 16?

Yeah.

That's still a high school junior dating a freshman. I'm not sure how typical that is in America, much less Japan.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Maxwell Adams posted:

At the start of the series their ages were 12 for Megumin (turned 13 at that one episode), Kazuma was 16, Aqua was eternally 17 i think? and Darkness was 19. I cant actually remember how many years had gone by when book 5 happened. 1 or 2 years? Im pretty sure 2 years have gone by the time the current books are done if not 3.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Takoluka posted:

e: also oh man, watch isekai quartet

Only the first season though.

Season 2 is getting ruined by including Incel Hero.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Mokinokaro posted:

Is it just that series or are they including other stuff as well?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Mokinokaro posted:

Why didn't they do Log Horizon instead, man. Shiroe and Akatsuki would have been cute and funny. Or Slime guy, I've never read it but it looks fun.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Hunt11 posted:

Is it just that series or are they including other stuff as well?

Just that one by the looks of it, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Grimey Drawer

el dorito posted:

What class would Nick Fury be?

edit: MCU is now Megumin Cinematic Universe