Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

alexandriao posted:

Yeah like I know (older) people with garages and BMWs and even they don't bother to put their car in or out, it lives on the street and the garage is where they put all of their hobby crap. I mean hell there's a really busy road a bit down the mountain and it's got everyone's car along it so most drivers get nervous about hitting a parked car or a kid dashing out. Literally nobody has bothered to make a car shed tho, the first I've heard of this.

Carports are better than garages for this reason, they shelter your car but don't encourage using the space as a storage unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Is this derail about garages vs. carports better or worse than the garage episode?

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I think Carports were also an older thing, both my grandparents houses had carports that got converted into garages by the new owners in the 2000's when they sold their places.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

The Worst Things Martin Has Ever Done, Ranked

The 10 Worst Things Daphne Has Ever Done, Ranked

10 Worst Things Niles Has Ever Done, Ranked

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I'm listening.

You won't like me when I'm listening.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ok but what about a car park

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

You mean like a place to go push your car on the swing?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

3 Get Together With Frasier's Ex-Wife
You can't blame someone for having sex with Bebe Neuwirth.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

Ok but what about a car park

What if somebody refused to pay at a parking garage and they made that an entire episode of a sitcom.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I call it a car hole

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What if somebody refused to pay at a parking garage and they made that an entire episode of a sitcom.

I would pretend not to know what a garage is to derail the thread in the worst possible way :twisted:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Poppity-pop-pop-pop!

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Daphne
9 SNUCK HER BOYFRIEND OVERNIGHT AT FRASIER'S

While Frasier has what seems like an endless parade of women in and out of his apartment, he's a little stricter with Daphne's male guests. By Season 3, he isn't so keen on being so intimate with Daphne's intimate life, and explains to her that he'd rather not have to see her boyfriend Joe in the morning while he's trying to enjoy his breakfast without certain images dancing in his mind.

Daphne has Joe over without Frasier's permission, and it becomes a huge row between them, ending with Daphne threatening to move out. The two are eventually able to reach a compromise, once Frasier begins to respect Daphne as a woman with her own independent needs and desires.

Yeah, what a bitch. Standing up to Frasier to respect her as a person, easily the 9th worst thing she ever did.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That was the one episode I remembered that was pretty gross. Daph has to contend with all the weird one night stands Frasier bangs but she brings one guy over and OH THE INDIGNITY

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My favorite part of the show has to be the scenes during the credits. I just watched the one where Frasier turns his condo in to Dukes and its a great scene.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

Poppity-pop-pop-pop!

ahahahahaha

i'm on a crazy long night shift and just took a break to browse the thread and i instantly read this in Martin's voice in my head and it brought me great joy

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I've now read this entire thread. With everything that has been said about Frasier, how has his door opening skills been missed. I love how he takes half a beat then whips the door open at light speed. Lots of door opening in this silly show.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Car ports are just air ports for cars

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

n8r posted:

I've now read this entire thread. With everything that has been said about Frasier, how has his door opening skills been missed. I love how he takes half a beat then whips the door open at light speed. Lots of door opening in this silly show.

Physical comedy is the unsung hero of Frasier.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Carports are better than garages for this reason, they shelter your car but don't encourage using the space as a storage unit.

Also in snowy areas they mean the snow doesn't melt and mix with salt every time you park

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

n8r posted:

I've always loved how long he keeps dates waiting at the door while he twirls around and pats himself on the back for being such a *~*love doctor*~* to whatever music he's just put on.

Or how he'll often be shouting at x, while standing by the door, not to talk about y in front of z (who is right outside the door), when it's cannon that things are easily heard through the door. Like, these people are just entering Frasier's house and doing the polite thing anybody would do: pretending they didn't just hear him.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Yeah, what a bitch. Standing up to Frasier to respect her as a person, easily the 9th worst thing she ever did.

A grown adult woman having control over her living space and personal life? Oh, no!

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Please don't link lovely clickbait articles

If you really must, at the very least copy pasye them so they don't get pageviews

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

while standing by the door, not to talk about y in front of z (who is right outside the door)

Of course, it was that fourteenth century Bavarian cathedral door, so I had to get two of the servants to help me slam it, but what it lacked in spontaneity it made up for in resonance.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

God damnit I hate that episode.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

JK Fresco posted:

Please don't link lovely clickbait articles

If you really must, at the very least copy pasye them so they don't get pageviews

'Frasier': Can Dr. Frasier Crane Really Afford His Apartment?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Physical comedy is the unsung hero of Frasier.

I think many people that turn their nose up at Frasier have never actually watched it to appreciate what a physically comedic farce it often is.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I think many people that turn their nose up at Frasier have never actually watched it to appreciate what a physically comedic farce it often is.

do your exercises

ARGHHhh

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Frasier maintained his lifestyle and fancy-rear end wines when he was unemployed and even loaned Roz a couple thousand like it was no big thing, him getting another job during that arc was treated as a question of dignity and pride rather than money like it was for Roz. Its pretty heavily implied if not outright stated that his money comes from investments, and stocks and things like that with the huge seed money he was making as a psychiatrist in private practice.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I’m the vox author desperate to make a deadline pretending not to know about TV Magic

Next up, a critique of the Manhattan apartments from Friends, where if they were sized realistically relative to the incomes of the inhabitants they’d be about 600 square feet

Perfect for a three camera sitcom

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I’m the vox author desperate to make a deadline pretending not to know about TV Magic

Next up, a critique of the Manhattan apartments from Friends, where if they were sized realistically relative to the incomes of the inhabitants they’d be about 600 square feet

:byodood: lease control man!!!

(I've never watched more than maybe 2 episodes, but I've read that probably 75 times)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Frasier maintained his lifestyle and fancy-rear end wines when he was unemployed and even loaned Roz a couple thousand like it was no big thing, him getting another job during that arc was treated as a question of dignity and pride rather than money like it was for Roz. Its pretty heavily implied if not outright stated that his money comes from investments, and stocks and things like that with the huge seed money he was making as a psychiatrist in private practice.

Also radio paid a shitload of money at the time if you were super popular. And while Frasier's show isn't national, I'm sure he was doing pretty well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

:byodood: lease control man!!!

(I've never watched more than maybe 2 episodes, but I've read that probably 75 times)

Yeah it was rent controlled. They had at least one episode about it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah it was rent controlled.

Ah whatever, I don't know yer fancy NY terms.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Fraudulently rent controlled, as the characters in F*R*I*E*N*D*S are rapscallions and scallywags to a one.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Well that’s the thing, they had that 1 bedroom loft with the second “bedroom” that probably didn’t have space for a full size queen bed so they probably rented that as a 1 bedroom, the other regular one bedroom in the same building, and one rich friend with his own apartment, so really they’re rockin like 3500 sq ft between them and somewhere they can all sit down at the same time. Not like Seinfeld, where everyone hangs out at the smallest apartment closest to their work.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

food court bailiff posted:

Fraudulently rent controlled, as the characters in F*R*I*E*N*D*S are rapscallions and scallywags to a one.

I thought Monica took it over when her grandma died, I don't remember any fraud.

Unless that is the fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

WampaLord posted:

I thought Monica took it over when her grandma died, I don't remember any fraud.

Unless that is the fraud.

Yeah it is pretty much that. The Super knows the deal and he threatened to rat them out once but Joey dance with him and made it all better.