Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

update: I don't personally investigate money laundering anymore

I teach people how to investigate money laundering now :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

.999 weedcoin

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FAUXTON posted:

Give a man a money laundering investigation, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to investigate money laundering, you feed him for a lifetime.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

money laundering investigations unfortunately don’t pay that well. i see banks advertising those positions here in baltics/scandinavia, as im of vaguely fitting skill set, and salaries they post on positions are like those of non-senior web developers with some experience

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

it’s more than enough to eat, sure, but much like many other positions important for the society, the salary is whack

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

money laundering investigations unfortunately don’t pay that well. i see banks advertising those positions here in baltics/scandinavia, as im of vaguely fitting skill set, and salaries they post on positions are like those of non-senior web developers with some experience

I hear you're allowed to take some of the laundered money home. Sort of like butchers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paladinus posted:

I hear you're allowed to take some of the laundered money home. Sort of like butchers.

launderers allow you to do that in some cases, you could say :thunk:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

it’s more than enough to eat, sure, but much like many other positions important for the society, the salary is whack

rich and powerful people, including some in government, have a direct interest in ensuring that money laundering remains easy so yes, it is deliberately not emphasized.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

FAUXTON posted:

:wrong:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

now you can hodl your godl

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

i previously didn't really have any opinion on Stroustroup. now I think he is good

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hammerite posted:

i previously didn't really have any opinion on Stroustroup. now I think he is good

Interesting that developing the language of modern computing wasnt enough to merit any opinion one way or another

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Interesting that developing the language of modern computing wasnt enough to merit any opinion one way or another

Yeah, same. My opinion of him has also switched from negative to positive.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

klafbang posted:

Yeah, same. My opinion of him has also switched from negative to positive.

up uP UP

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

FAUXTON posted:

nice! congrats :)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

What if you just start laundering money for the mob, now there's a career path

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Bitcoin technical analysis: BTC/USD odds of a rally to $14,000 before December 31

Bitcoin confinement in a descending channel spells doom for the bulls as target shifts to $7,000.

BTC/USD is still seeking a bottom; a reversal from the bottom could easily climb to $14,000

Bitcoin is lethargic above $8,700 but $9,000 must be broken for bulls to have a clear path of sight leading to $10,000.

The descending channel resistance has been tested numerously. A break above this channel could finally place Bitcoin in trajectory towards $14,000.
_--------_

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

bjarne stroustrup, not brendan eich

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

The Little Death posted:

BTC/USD is still seeking a butt, a reversal from the butt could easily climb to $14,000

The logic is flawless.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

spankmeister posted:

What if you just start laundering money for the mob, now there's a career path

hmm, marginally profitable but you're also disposable and the severance package is quite a letdown

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Tfw when you're still seeking a bottom

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

klafbang posted:

The logic is flawless.

I'm a fan of this little gem of amazing wisdom that only the magic of technical analysis cold provide:

The Little Death posted:

Bitcoin is lethargic above $8,700 but $9,000 must be broken for bulls to have a clear path of sight leading to $10,000.

"hey guys, I crunched some numbers, and it turns out we can't go straight to 10 without passing through 9 on the way. they're, like, always in the same order I guess?"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:actually: you can go straight from 8 to 10 by just adding 2 :agesilaus:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

EorayMel posted:

:actually: you can go straight from 8 to 10 by just adding 2 :agesilaus:

:aaaaa:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

wormhole math

what else have they been hiding from us

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

I'm always wondering who these mythical bulls are. These selfless heroes who apparently want to spend money to drive the price higher, on the understanding that even bigger bulls will drive the price higher still later on, never to give in to the tempting voice of bearishness and sell for filthy fiat. If Bitcoin dominion is assured, why not lower prices to buy more now? Maybe the bears are the true bulls. :frogsiren:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
bulls is bears with horns outside

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

is a bullwhale a thing?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

is a bullwhale a thing?

famous rich man eli mask regularly does giveaways. does that count?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

you either die a bullwhale or live as a bearwhale

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Grace Baiting posted:

you either die a bullwhale or live as a bearwhale

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
buttwhale

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

:right:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://archive.is/rYxAL

We will live in Castles, watching over the masses toil away for a few satoshis a day. We will pluck the best females from the horde, and they will serve us hand and foot or we shall starve their families dead. We will pave the road with the bones of our enemies, and indulge in every pleasure deviced by man. We will reach into the stars and pull ourselves into the heavens for it is for us to rule over all for we have the keys!, and the key is the truth, forever

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://mobile.twitter.com/RealRossU/status/1194997400366014464

please let me out of prison, its mean to keep me here. i won't be a bad boy, i promise. this place makes me sad. look how gentle i can pretend to be

sincerely, an unrepentant druglord and attempted serial killer

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

He is 30 years older, yes.

...!
Oct 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
it still blows my mind that his groupies call him nonviolent. what exactly would it take for them to consider someone to be violent

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

it still blows my mind that his groupies call him nonviolent. what exactly would it take for them to consider someone to be violent

them not liking bit-coin

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

...! posted:

Remember his mom said he wasn't like those :airquote:dark:airquote:, troubled men.

He's not a :airquote:thug:airquote:

He had so much potential, unlike some :airquote:other:airquote: people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

The Little Death posted:

Remember his mom said he wasn't like those :airquote:dark:airquote:, troubled men.

that was his brother i think