Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

meanwhile in Chile

"alright my battle car is on fire, that's fine, let me just back up here"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Piñera is a loving idiot and his goberment is virtually done.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

they're going to murder tens of thousands of people and the world will never really know the extent of it

But have you considered term limits? Really, it's impossible to say what''s good and bad in this situation.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

"Power Addiction" would be a great band name.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the revolution will be disco as gently caress

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Prince Myshkin posted:

I can practically hear the theatrical accent this guy would put on "el país" if he were saying it out loud.

https://twitter.com/Orsag13/status/1193730196005965824?s=20

lol the ISO was pro-Syrian rebel, imagine how bad that poster has to be to get on their wrong side when it comes to interventions

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/democracynow/status/1194449555586265089?s=21

zegermans posted:

ok whats democracy nows! deal though they're usually pretty good at anti-western coverage
i first noticed democracy now was bad when they were carrying water for obama bombing the poo poo out of libya

idk if they've always been horrifically bad or they've turned bad

they used to do stuff like interview aristide insisting he was couped by the bush administration

kneelbeforezog posted:

funny I just went on the subreddit on democracynow to look for discussion on this. Heard the "two sides" coverage this morning. Very disappointing. DemocracyNow still seems popular in leftist circles but the constant ukraine/russia gate coverage makes some hesitant to tune in, including myself. I only caught part 1 of the Bolivian interviews , was part 2 any better in regards to pushback?
do not trust literally anything that pushed or bought russiagate, billing itself as news. it's an automatic discrediting. russiagate was an insane massive propaganda push and conspiracy theory that anyone with any credibility could see through

yes, this leaves you with basically almost nothing.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/OVargas52/status/1194666620490305537

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I take every opportunity to remind people that like 40% of the original IC memo on Russiagate is them bitching about Russia Today being a harmful tv channel.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

You know, I kinda had an epiphany a while ago, and reading that dumbshit tweet made me remember it, and I thought I'd share.

Basically, every time a lib uses the word "nuance" just replace it in your mind with the term "mental gymnastics" and poo poo suddenly makes a hundred times more sense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmoXze-Higc

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Frijolero posted:

I take every opportunity to remind people that like 40% of the original IC memo on Russiagate is them bitching about Russia Today being a harmful tv channel.
has anyone bothered to look at russia today suggestions and traffic compared to the other mainstream news channels before and after that memo lol. people since then have alleged google has changed their algorithms to elevate mainstream sources

i think that memo was complaining that RT was like #1 on traffic on youtube, demonstrating russian insidiuousness

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frijolero posted:

Hamprince Psychosis

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lol that there's such extreme and utter unanimous conformity on what is going on in bolivia among the mainstream american news

does a liberal ever stop to think and wonder why that might be? lmao of course not

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
you would think all the people worried about Russian bots and disinformatsiya would be invested into finding out where all these duplicate accounts with stock image models all registered in November of 2019 all simultaneously claiming THERE IS NO COUP would be coming from

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is the "national conversation" they are always talking about

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

you would think all the people worried about Russian bots and disinformatsiya would be invested into finding out where all these duplicate accounts with stock image models all registered in November of 2019 all simultaneously claiming THERE IS NO COUP would be coming from

no need to investigate, Twitter already confirmed they're coming out of Virginia lol

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Prince Myshkin posted:

I can practically hear the theatrical accent this guy would put on "el país" if he were saying it out loud.

https://twitter.com/Orsag13/status/1193730196005965824?s=20

yes a lot of it has to do with rich bolivians giving nazis the benefit of the doubt

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

kneelbeforezog posted:

funny I just went on the subreddit on democracynow to look for discussion on this. Heard the "two sides" coverage this morning. Very disappointing. DemocracyNow still seems popular in leftist circles but the constant ukraine/russia gate coverage makes some hesitant to tune in, including myself. I only caught part 1 of the Bolivian interviews , was part 2 any better in regards to pushback?

demnow absolutely insists on reporting "both sides" it seems like, as far as foreign events go. they had a great interview with some dude out of vz on the guaido coup bullshit in venezuela in january, then a couple weeks later they also reported all the state dept talking points iirc.

as a non-usa person, they're sometimes my news source on events inside usa since they have a slight idea about what the gently caress is going on and aren't as insanely biased as the rest of their media, but on foreign affairs they're not much better. the most you can say about them is they at least acknowledge that there's more to the story than the state dept partyline

THS
Sep 15, 2017

greyzone is rapidly becoming one of the better places to get foreign policy reporting

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

If you want to really get both sides of the Bolivian coup they should interview the Christian extremists actually taking over, not some liberal native informants that went to elite US schools.

THS posted:

greyzone is rapidly becoming one of the better places to get foreign policy reporting

That's why they are all going to be arrested

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

lol the respectable left is already moving to call the greyzone a tankie publication or in the thrall of russia/china

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dreylad posted:

the new president certainly counts but how many other pro-coup bolivian twitter people look like they emerged from a boys from brazil bolivia spawning pool

Well you know how trump likes those guys from central casting

THS
Sep 15, 2017

CAPS LOCK BROKEN posted:

lol the respectable left is already moving to call the greyzone a tankie publication or in the thrall of russia/china

its the only patreon i give to now because they seem like they are going to need the money. for better reporting and more writers, but also lawyers

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zegermans posted:

ok whats democracy nows! deal though they're usually pretty good at anti-western coverage

left-acting liberal academic types have decided that they can drop anti-imperialism because basically the left wing of the democratic party has completely dropped it from their repertoire

the only anti-imperialist in all of congress is fuckin ilhan omar lol

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

lol that there's such extreme and utter unanimous conformity on what is going on in bolivia among the mainstream american news

does a liberal ever stop to think and wonder why that might be? lmao of course not

It's just so nice to finally have something everyone agrees on!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Democrats have only ever flirted with anti-interventionism, mostly to contain leftist movements, and I feel like since WW2 there's only been a handful of House members who would call themselves anti-imperialist. Those were mostly in the Black Caucus too before weapons manufacturers realized they could largely buy off that group, either directly or by investing in their districts.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i wish putin really was the international puppet master that the libs say he is so that russia would send mercenaries to oppose the coup

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

comedyblissoption posted:

As an ex-liberal I can assure you, it doesn't occur to them to question why the news is all in agreement, because to them that just means it's obviously true. The idea of media bias only comes up as a way to disparage conservative and leftist outlets, so mainstream reporting gets about as much ideological scrutiny for international news as it does for the weather report or sports scores.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
at least it seems the counter coup guys are setting up an effective resistance.

the fact they not only haven’t been crushed but are growing and organizing is huge

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

where did all the pro coup people go???????

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

at least it seems the counter coup guys are setting up an effective resistance.

the fact they not only haven’t been crushed but are growing and organizing is huge

bad news though because I've been assured by an extremely white person visibly struggling to keep their right arm from shooting upwards whenever the coup is mentioned that the overwhelming majority of the people support the coup and it isn't a coup it's democracy, just not the kind that involves people being allowed self-determination, it's the other kind

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Can any one recommend me an article or some other resource that summarizes what's going on with the coup in Bolivia? Specifically, something that addresses the charges of election fraud on the part of Morales, connections of the military/coup leaders with the US, and the timeline?

This all popped up when I was in the middle of alot of stuff at work and I haven't been able to keep up.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, I am a fan of MLM

https://twitter.com/BibiIntifada/status/1194687554760724481?s=20

Morales Lula Maduro

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

StashAugustine posted:

The CIA seems particularly unhinged in this couo

5'd

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Organ Fiend posted:

Can any one recommend me an article or some other resource that summarizes what's going on with the coup in Bolivia? Specifically, something that addresses the charges of election fraud on the part of Morales, connections of the military/coup leaders with the US, and the timeline?

This all popped up when I was in the middle of alot of stuff at work and I haven't been able to keep up.

This Twitter thread's been posted a few times I think:

https://twitter.com/kevinmcashman/status/1193703918624108544

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

im going to embrace my usual dumb optimism and say that like what happened in Venezuela it's going to turn out theres very little popular support behind the coup and it's going to flop hard

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol president dookie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Power Addiction" would be a great band name.

early swans cover band