Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Do the Reps have their own lawyer or is this going to be 45 minutes of pants-on-head Nunes craziness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Flip Yr Wig posted:

At the risk of posting Yglesias...

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1194626888565690368

That survey had an outlier composition. But hopefully we'll see more state-level polling and have this backed up.

All surveys are going to have some outlier composition if you dig into enough variables. The point of random sampling is that the various compositional variations will, on average, balance themselves out (and the degree to which this is expected to happen is reflected in the margin of error). That said, individual polls almost always have pretty wide confidence intervals, so should always be taken with extra salt.

E: If the methods are suspect, that’s another matter. Not sure about this particular poll.

Stickman fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 13, 2019

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Nunes looks sweaty. But I guess he does most of the time

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Do the Reps have their own lawyer or is this going to be 45 minutes of pants-on-head Nunes craziness?

Yes. Members aren't allowed to talk until they move on to the next phase, after the staff lawyer rounds are finished.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Beaten

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Who's this foghorn leghorn fucko on CSPAN-3 complaining about hearsay, I have a hard time keeping all the stupid southern idiots in the GOP straight.

EDIT: Also :laffo: he's claiming Sondland's testimony about "not knowing the aid was held-up" when it's more than obvious he probably perjured himself.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1194656748499537921?s=20

People seem to think Holmes is the guy who overheard the call between Trump and Sondland.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Lmao. Cspan cutting to Meadows basing his defense on Sondland's testimony that is most likely be rewritten as we speak...

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Angry_Ed posted:

Who's this foghorn leghorn fucko on CSPAN-3 complaining about hearsay, I have a hard time keeping all the stupid southern idiots in the GOP straight.

EDIT: Also :laffo: he's claiming Sondland's testimony about "not knowing the aid was held-up" when it's more than obvious he probably perjured himself.

I think this is Representative Meadows. This probably isn't his finest moment.

schizophrenic
Jul 29, 2004
<3
Andrew Weissmann on NBC oh my
He was lead prosecutor from Mueller’s team

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How many times do they go back and forth today? Or is it just 45 minutes to each?

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Angry_Ed posted:

Without any other description I'm guessing Kennedy from Louisiana?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Meadows ranting on CSPAN right now, it's great

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I fully expect Gaetz and Nunez to start making GBS threads on their desks any minute.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dammerung posted:

I think this is Representative Meadows. This probably isn't his finest moment.

Thanks, chyron just confirmed it too.

So I had a thought recently. If not for the transcript, there's a good chance the GOP could've survived this and just used Sondland as a Scooter Libby type to scapegoat.

But between the transcript and the fact that Sondland lied at least once, that's not going to happen at all.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

syntaxrigger posted:

I have a growing concern that the GoP might make a serious push towards nationalism and authoritarianism. I hope I am wrong because gently caress that.

I have some really bad news for you, not only have they been moving this direction for a very long time, but they are looking at an eventual loss of political relevancy and making a serious push toward nationalism and authoritarianism is likely their only play to keep power.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Hobo Clown posted:

How many times do they go back and forth today? Or is it just 45 minutes to each?

Think they can go as many rounds as the majority wants, but equal time is given for each one.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Angry_Ed posted:

So I had a thought recently. If not for the transcript, there's a good chance the GOP could've survived this and just used Sondland as a Scooter Libby type to scapegoat.

But between the transcript and the fact that Sondland lied at least once, that's not going to happen at all.

I think he's starting to recognize that fact. Look at his complexion change.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

eke out posted:

Yes. Members aren't allowed to talk until they move on to the next phase, after the staff lawyer rounds are finished.

so we don't get a nunes screaming for an hour?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

They do 45 minutes each. Then Schiff can decide to do another round of 45 minutes for each side... in effect he can keep doing this if he believes more material needs to be covered, but it will most likely go to the regular 5-minutes member bullshit

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dammerung posted:

I think he's starting to recognize that fact. Look at his complexion change.

And now he's pivoting to "oh this hearing is boring"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Meadows sounds panicked as gently caress.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Angry_Ed posted:

Like really this is what speaks to the fact that Donald Trump is barely a human being. He has no pets, no ability to get along with any animals. Almost every previous president had at least one pet. Even Jackson had his incredibly foul-mouthed parrot. Notorious stoic Calvin Coolidge had a whole goddamn menagerie. The only other President not to have pets was Polk, and he doesn't seem to be nearly as big of a sociopath.

Even Hitler had a dog. Yeah.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxrigger posted:

I have a growing concern that the GoP might make a serious push towards nationalism and authoritarianism. I hope I am wrong because gently caress that.

They've been at it for a while.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1193192673429131264?s=20

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

VH4Ever posted:

A dog he fed cyanide to so he was sure his method of suicide would work :smith:

KillHour posted:

"I WAS IN THE ROOM FOR SEVEN HOURS"

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
"we all have different interpretations of truth"

loving lmao

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah, he's working all right. His fat little fingers are furiously retweeting any ounce of Twitter validation he can find.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

KillHour posted:

He's certainly amped up.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BUT OBAMA

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Seems like the Republicans have coalesced around a strategy of trying to just refer to these testimonials as “boring.”

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Angry_Ed posted:

And now he's pivoting to "oh this hearing is boring"

And the bit about the American taxpayer having to make up for NATO allies and their reticence to pay, and Obama being President when Ukraine was invaded, and... I'm starting to get a little worried about him.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

VH4Ever posted:

Having a dog would burn some of the finite amount of energy that Trump has in his body.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so we don't get a nunes screaming for an hour?

Sorry, to be clear, NUNES could talk. No one else could.

Schiff is yielding his time to counsel, and it's broadly assumed Nunes will as well. But he alone could break in and ask other questions.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Angry_Ed posted:

and remember, Sondland isn't a trump true believer - he's a rich guy who bought himself an ambassadorship cause he thought it would be fun. he's flippable because he has plenty to lose and not that much trump can offer him.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Seems like the Republicans have coalesced around a strategy of trying to just refer to these testimonials as “boring.”

But their 11-hour marathon sessions of Benghazi hearings did great ratings, I'm sure :v:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1194642543893450754

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Just a note that Trumps first wife Ivana was paid 250k for each kid she pumped out. Trump wanted at least 5 kids in hopes that one of them will turn out like him.

He has five kids currently.

Place your bets on who is going to be his replacement.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

KillHour posted:

For someone who was claiming people were nodding off and yawning he's really animated and agitated lol

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Is this "Trump didn't just withold aid to the ukraine, he witheld aid to EVERYONE" talking point a new tactic?

Also: do they realize it doesn't make any sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

eke out posted:

Sorry, to be clear, NUNES could talk. No one else could.

Schiff is yielding his time to counsel, and it's broadly assumed Nunes will as well. But he alone could break in and ask other questions.

iirc Nunes could give his time to counsel or anyone else he wants, but other republicans couldn't demand any of his time. if he wanted jordan to talk instead he's allowed to do that