Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
...ok so if I understand right. Gym Jordan's logic is "This crime didn't happen because there was no meeting about it and no announcement"

...because he's stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Wait, are they all going to yield to Jim Jordan?

The funny part is that he probably is the smartest republican on this committee

Yeah

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
I have a feeling that having ambassadors testify first is a very smart move for the Dems, as they're really good at speaking and being unflappable

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Jordan is so, so smugly assured that he has him trapped. I can't wait to see what he thinks he's got.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Angry_Ed posted:

...ok so if I understand right. Gym Jordan's logic is "This crime didn't happen because there was no meeting about it and no announcement"

...because he's stupid.

Yeah, Jordan's angle is that because it was never explicitly stated it's not true.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Angry_Ed posted:

...because he's stupid.

We are in a hearing about private phone calls and he is hinging his point on the fact that the aid was released before the president gave *public* statements about the investigation. He is saying that the president had to have gone out and said "we are going after Hunter Biden" in a public forum for anyone to know that they would do it.

You can't make this poo poo up

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Ice Phisherman posted:

Samesies. Someone please make it happen.

Cat tax.

How the hell are this cat's pupils so dilated? :catdrugs:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

...because he's stupid.

Do they give Nobel prizes for attempted chemistry?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I think Gym Jordan is either auditioning for a guest feature on Eminem's next album, or a job as an auctioneer

E: vvvvv lol you win

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Gym now talking like the micro machines man because he's full of it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

I think Gym Jordan is either auditioning for a guest feature on Eminem's next album, or a job as an auctioneer

Probably the latter because Em loving hates Republicans.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Taylor is 100% not intimidated by Jordan

Currently he's trying to prove that Taylor could in no way have a 'clear understanding' of the Ukraine situation because of how confusing all this poo poo is

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 13, 2019

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
lol his point is it's hard to understand the transcript

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

The Glumslinger posted:

The funny part is that he probably is the smartest republican on this committee

Yeah

Fair enough, he isn't tripping over his words and wincing like Castor was. So I guess it's the right call.

The argument is still nonsense and incoherent, but he is speaking confidently.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
"please dont interrupt the witness"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

He's in-character for his upcoming starring role in the John Moschitta biopic.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I can't even follow what Gymmie is saying.

"He attests that this guy told this guy that conveyed this message that met with the other guy.."

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

Jordan is just talking loud and fast with that lovely tone and will do so this entire hearing if they yield to him. Bold strategy Cotton.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dave Grool posted:

lol his point is it's hard to understand the transcript

The transcript that was "perfect"

EDIT: gently caress OFF JORDAN

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
So Gym's big gotcha moment is Gordon Sondland wrote a poorly worded addendum?

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Currently he's trying to prove that Taylor could in no way have a 'clear understanding' of the Ukraine situation because of how confusing all this poo poo it

He totally recognizes that Jordan is just grand standing.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Gym's argument is essentially "This is confusing, therefore you're wrong!" and talking fast to confuse things. this is all they have.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
I love that big old grin Taylor has whenever Jordan is talking.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

evilweasel posted:

they didn't, but if they pretended they wanted them to be public they could pretend that things were going super for trump behind closed doors

the didn't really have a plan beyond getting through the next fifteen seconds of questioning

It's distressing and sad to realize how brazen and bad things have gotten. I mean, in general, really, but seeing it all on display in Castor and Nune's lines of questioning, in particular, makes me feel gross.

Ice Phisherman posted:

Hunter Biden getting getting a job through the federal jobs initiative for rich failsons isn't a crime. It's just incredibly unethical and it should be a crime, which I agree with. If republicans want to push that no one should have these jobs then I'm loving sold, but they won't because many of their sons and daughters are milking that same titty. Even the president is handing out jobs to his kids. It doesn't hold water if you think about it for more than five seconds. This is just the most convenient narrative that sticks.

Trump on the other hand literally extorted another country, one we provide aid to, for dirt on a political rival. That's some mob poo poo.

I'd agree that they're not equal, and the attempts to equate the two of them have been pretty disingenuous!

Failed Imagineer posted:

He's doing his best to talk over the Ambassador and cut him off whenever possible. I suppose it is a strategy of some kind, but probably not one which will win any new hearts over to the President's cause.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

jim jordan: "ive seen accusations of sexual assault that were easier to follow than this."

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

C411 posted:

So Gym's big gotcha moment is Gordon Sondland wrote a poorly worded addendum?

An addendum that he's probably going to have to revise in short order, yeah.

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Angry_Ed posted:

...because he's stupid.

He's the first person on the R side that has any sort of line of questioning that at least...makes sense. Like, to listen to. Not saying logically it works but at least I can understand what he was trying to say.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gym Jordan saying that Taylor's recollection is too complicated to be valid, and that his entire complaint is based on hearsay.

It's going to look really bad when Sondland testifies and clarifies his opinion again.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ManBoyChef posted:

jim jordan: "ive seen accusations of sexual assault that were easier to follow than this."

:vince:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Angry_Ed posted:

...because he's stupid.

He literally doing the "No Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry" defense

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Gym Jordan’s strategy is to talk fast in a confusing way and then claim that Sonderland’s testimony is too confusing :psyduck:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I think Jordan didn't do as terrible a job as he might: he did a good job of going on a long, misleading rant and then ending with a precise, narrow question that got a "yes". It could easily mislead people into thinking that the witness agreed with his nonsense rant (or at least didn't dispute it).

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Slowpoke! posted:

Gym Jordan’s strategy is to talk fast in a confusing way and then claim that Sonderland’s testimony is too confusing :psyduck:

It's the Chewbacca defense.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Slowpoke! posted:

Gym Jordan is confused by many things. Like whether or not he should report sexual assault.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

ManBoyChef posted:

:vince:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

I love that big old grin Taylor has whenever Jordan is talking.

it really was a thing of beauty

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilweasel posted:

I think Jordan didn't do as terrible a job as he might: he did a good job of going on a long, misleading rant and then ending with a precise, narrow question that got a "yes". It could easily mislead people into thinking that the witness agreed with his nonsense rant (or at least didn't dispute it).

Yeah, but anyone who's watching the Fox News cut of that answer is already 100% onboard with that anyway.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Currently he's trying to prove that Taylor could in no way have a 'clear understanding' of the Ukraine situation because of how confusing all this poo poo it

Jordan: 'I've seen church prayer chains that are easier to understand than this'

im sorry this is the best i can do on my phone

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They keep measurements of the water levels because when it gets too low Kent overheats and starts removing his clothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ummel posted:

im sorry this is the best i can do on my phone

Still better than what the NRCC did.