Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Get hosed Ratcliffe

Time to get Heckin' Hecked!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Angry_Ed posted:

Schiff now telling Ratcliffe he either asks his questions or fucks right off, perfect.

and Ratcliffe then revealing that he had nothing by immediately yielding

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Dunite posted:

Is this when Bolton comes to testify?

Also why doesn't Zelensky come out and say he had no choice. It undercuts every GOP defense and almost guarantees Trump gets cratered by McConnell.

It doesn't guarantee that, and knowing Trump, could get all aid to Ukraine cut off.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So nobody is reporting on Trump’s surprise press briefing?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Failed Imagineer posted:

and Ratcliffe then revealing that he had nothing by immediately yielding

Yup. Grandstanding, nothing more.

The House GOP's job is that of a rodeo clown: distract and confuse long enough to allow others to escape.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Dunite posted:

Also why doesn't Zelensky come out and say he had no choice. It undercuts every GOP defense and almost guarantees Trump gets cratered by McConnell.

Zelensky is the president of his own country and doesn't want any part of any of this. One of the Democrats went over this in a friendly sort of way with Taylor, letting him agree with all the reasons Zelensky would have to stay above this particular fray.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Fallom posted:

I'd be happy if nobody shows up to it but I don't think the press is that disciplined.

Plus FOX news or OANN would show up anyway.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Dunite posted:

I can't imagine that it's in his interest to help the Democrats impeach (but not remove) Trump, while tremendously pissing off the sitting US president.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Fallom posted:

NBC hasn’t broken away.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/KarinaLongworth/status/1194705622358315010

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Fallom posted:

Pool is being scrambled to get people there; probably just a photo op.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Heck doing well here, but I wish he'd say something about "Biden getting Shokin removed was because he wasn't investigating corruption, correct?"

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013

Wylie posted:

Zelensky is the president of his own country and doesn't want any part of any of this. One of the Democrats went over this in a friendly sort of way with Taylor, letting him agree with all the reasons Zelensky would have to stay above this particular fray.

I agree wholeheartedly with staying out of US politics but how often does a smaller nation have a chance to kick Donald Trump in the balls.

Trump interfered in Ukrainian politics and Zelensky can now turn around and respond in kind.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Dunite posted:

how is pissing off trump and telling his entire country he got extorted going to help him

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

whoa. what did Piven know about the military aid, and when did he know it? :tinfoil:

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004
God Gym Jordan’s voice is so grating you hear

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DarkHorse posted:

Heck doing well here, but I wish he'd say something about "Biden getting Shokin removed was because he wasn't investigating corruption, correct?"

Himes already brought that up (he was next up to question after Schiff)

And now the nasal whining of Gym Jordan.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah Heck did really well - I really liked that he asked Taylor & Kent about how Trump has made their lives as diplomats harder and they responded he had done so by undermining them regularly and making snap decisions with no communication, damaging the worldwide perception and respect for the US goes down, making it tougher for all of us

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 13, 2019

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
What the gently caress, Jordan immediately starts up saying "Actually its good we withheld aid from Ukraine."

e: oh okay, I see where hes going with that. Still bullshit.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
"Obama gave them blankets, Trump gave them missiles" I wonder how long they had that workshopped

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Trump just wanted to see if Zelensky was corrupt! That's it, honest! It was good that he did the quid pro quo!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

What the gently caress, Jordan immediately starts up saying "Actually its good we withheld aid from Ukraine."

I mean, its better than the Attempted Chemistry defense

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
It's amazing how these guys are willing to fall on their sword for a guy who would trade them all for a dollar without a second thought

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Gym Jordan's realpolitik fanfiction is weird.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Is there a question Mr Gym?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jordan appears to be done actually asking questions and is just going to yell about sondland's "i have become aware you have evidence i lied" declaration

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

DarkHorse posted:

"Obama gave them blankets, Trump gave them missiles" I wonder how long they had that workshopped

The big dumdum Nunes said that in his opening statement already.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

evilweasel posted:

jordan appears to be done actually asking questions and is just going to yell about sondland's "i have become aware you have evidence i lied" declaration

I'm sure he just needs another minute or two to get around to them.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I hate Jordan so loving much

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!
Gym Jordan shouting down the facts - "no meetings where security aid was discussed!" while Gordon Sondland: "I told Zelensky's chief of staff aid is dependent on the investigations announcement"

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Dunite posted:

I agree wholeheartedly with staying out of US politics but how often does a smaller nation have a chance to kick Donald Trump in the balls.

Trump interfered in Ukrainian politics and Zelensky can now turn around and respond in kind.

If he does that then he's making the Republican's claims true post hoc: Ukraine would be meddling in internal American politics.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
"There's one person they won't bring in front of us"

YEAH TRUMP, because he's a coward and would get hosed six ways sideways.

EDIT: "11 months before an election" they're already trying to pull the "you can't do a thing in an election year!"

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Jordan is such a piece of poo poo. My god.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Did he literally just bring up that stupid spy microwave poo poo.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
"This is a sad day, when the Democrats won't let us expose the whistleblower and burn him or her at stake publicly!"

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Welch with the megadunk :lol:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I have added a life goal to give Jim Jordan a goddamn swirlie

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
ahahahaha Welch with the burn "I'd like to have the guy who started it all testify too... President Trump"

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Can the Republicans just read out the Narcissists Prayer so it can be on record?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Now that is a zinger