Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Feldegast42 posted:

Still backing the "Harry Potter is actually good and the rise of Voldemort and the problems wizarding society have actually do mirror our real life situation, but in the end our heroes don't actually do anything to address the root causes of Voldemort's rise and Harry becomes a loving cop instead" line of thought, but I've actually read a couple more books back in my day

I mean that one post from 4chan of all places actually captured it pretty good

which post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
why am i not a moderator yet

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

KaptainKrunk posted:

Biden won't be able to sustain three big losses in a row. He's not going to finish in the top 3 in Iowa and won't get second in NH and probably not NV either. This idea that he'll lose those three contests and then magically win South Carolina by 30 points and carry all the super tuesday states is a total fantasy. The only thing he has going for him right now is the polling.

Its Giuliani all over again. The dudes only strength is that hes seen as inevitable. If hes not winning then hes utterly toast.

Also, lol at people thinking theres a grand conspiracy of candidates jumping in. It's just like the 2016 Repub primary, with a tragedy of the commons but this time the candidate who's gonna win is good

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

If you make me a moderator I will do absolutely nothing with that power and will probably not even notice that it happened.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
guess what

https://twitter.com/catargetbot/status/1194722882489683969?s=21

he’s running

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Feldegast42 posted:

Still backing the "Harry Potter is actually good and the rise of Voldemort and the problems wizarding society have actually do mirror our real life situation, but in the end our heroes don't actually do anything to address the root causes of Voldemort's rise and Harry becomes a loving cop instead" line of thought, but I've actually read a couple more books back in my day

I mean that one post from 4chan of all places actually captured it pretty good

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

why am i not a moderator yet

not enough embarrassing qcs posts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

that's katie hill's seat. i guess cenk fucks after all

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Nooooo, gently caress no dude

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

If made a mod i will have my rivals castrated and build a giant mechanical throne.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

wait, the animorphs got killed off??? Dang poo poo got dark

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1194717707331092481

nah
Mar 16, 2009

these freaks are all narcissistic weirdos who think they have a legitimate shot at being prez. they see a weakness with Biden and they hate Pete for attempting to climb the ranks despite not Earning It the Right Way so they want to take him down. they aren’t scared of Bernie because they don’t understand that he’s actually popular. they are incapable of understanding that joining the race actually helps Bernie because their consultant-pelted brain can’t conceive of someone in politics like him doing well, all evidence be damned

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

loquacius posted:

the disabled ones died but only one of the main ones died.

There is a cliffhanger that they may have died but there was never a follow up

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

pretty sure rachel dies, maybe tobias too.

at least one of cassie/jake died but i forget which one

marco and whoever's left gets major ptsd

poo poo is real as gently caress, that virgin/chad comic has it right

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
They are only victims of that most human of impulse: the confidence that they could do a better job than Hillary.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

hypothesis: pollers are running polls with insanely high margins of error over and over again until they get the results they want and discard the "bad" polls

in the replies further down it says the other candidates have an 8-10% moe

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

YaketySass posted:

They are only victims of that most human of impulse: the confidence that they could do a better job than Hillary.

Is this referring to the non-bernie democratic field or the Animorphs

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Didn't the animorphs author write a letter to the fans saying a bunch of survivors had horrible ptsd and were miserable after the war because that's how wars work

I never read that nerd poo poo though redwall for life baby

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

hypothesis: pollers are running polls with insanely high margins of error over and over again until they get the results they want and discard the "bad" polls

in the replies further down it says the other candidates have an 8-10% moe

the rich really want to pretend buttman is a thing

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of the donors being scared, I really wish any politician or popular figure at all would address publicly how craven and evil the rich are.

The most extreme thing I've seen anyone with a checkmark even posit was Bill Gates suggesting, in a way that makes it sound absurd, him being taxed 100 billion on his 106 billion net worth. This most extreme and outlandish proposal, that no one is actually proposing, would not leave Bill Gates or his family dying of medical debt; would not leave Bill Gates in a position of having to worry about paying his rent; would not leave Bill Gates struggling to send his kids to college; would, in fact, not deprive him of being able to afford pretty much anything with a price tag. He would still be comfortable, influential, and rich beyond most humans' ability to properly conceptualize. No one with a popular platform is suggesting we kill the rich, or that we take all of their assets and boot them onto the streets penniless, or even that we make them live like normal citizens; there's just the very modest proposal of shaving some percentage or another off of their high score number total without meaningfully impacting their lives in any measurable way.

And in response to this prospect of reducing their vanity number, they are willing to invest untold millions of dollars into advertising, donations, lobbying efforts, and so on. That should be called out with not only a dollar value assigned to it but also a human lives and jobs number; i.e., "so-and-so billionaire, and his foundations, have contributed $X million dollars to oppose giving everyday people education, health care, housing, and jobs. For that same amount of money, we could have sent XX children to a 4-year state college, erased the medical debt of XX seniors battling cancer, given 2-bedroom houses to XX homeless families, and provided XX middle class jobs to the hardworking people of Iowa". Do a series of these, calling out individual billionaires and their foundations. Really drive it home to the everyday American that these few hundred people in the donor class are ruining their lives just to have a vanity high score dollar amount in their accounts.

Addamere has issued a correction as of 22:30 on Nov 13, 2019

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

mastershakeman posted:

Didn't the animorphs author write a letter to the fans saying a bunch of survivors had horrible ptsd and were miserable after the war because that's how wars work

I loved redwall as a kid but in retrospect it was really racist

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
if aoc went on sgdq/agdq, 80% of games posters would get banned or probated and no fewer than 3 threads would be gassed

in other words, hell yeah lets do it

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Feldegast42 posted:

Is this referring to the non-bernie democratic field or the Animorphs

I want to make a joke about the Yeerks and Republicans but alas, I can only say that I was thinking of the succ field.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Victory Position posted:

Nightmare Obama
Neo Ex-Obama
The Would-Be Obama and his Band of Never-Electeds
Riot of the Blood Obama

Norman Reedus Obama
Mads Mikkelsen Obama
Lindsey Wagner Obama
Guillermo Del Toro Obama

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

mastershakeman posted:

as a redwall kid in retrospect redwall sucked poo poo

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Let's hold out until we see where Harry Enten places him on his tier list

Deval Patrick rates at the highest tier, having the endorsement of former governor Deval Patrick

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If Sanders and Warren do get pulled in to the impeachment hearings for all of January the House will be done with their part, right? I feel like Sanders has surrogates like AOC that can still draw a crowd on their own merits but Warren not so much. It'd be a huge gift to Buttigieg though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
All I remember about redwall is it kept being the same story over and over

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Al! posted:

the rich really want to pretend buttman is a thing

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Buttmentum is real.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

redwall was fun but racist as hell, and animorphs loving owned incredibly hard, thanks for reading my correct opinions

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Buttmentum is real.

Preston Waters got banned for saying someone's butt won't quit but this poster is allowed to speak of "Buttmentum" with impunity :o:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Salamamdastron is cooler better tbh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Addamere posted:

Preston Waters got banned for saying someone's butt won't quit but this poster is allowed to speak of "Buttmentum" with impunity :o:

im pretty sure he got banned for being so loving dumb he sent his death threat to another poster directly to an admin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh black betty

Pomp posted:

Salamamdastron

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

im pretty sure he got banned for being so loving dumb he sent his death threat to another poster directly to an admin

get outta here with your alternative facts :yooge:

but in all seriousness thats both hilarious (dumb) and horrifying (death threat)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

All I remember about redwall is it kept being the same story over and over

It also quadrupled down on the "members of evil races are inherently evil" part of Tolkien

There was a book where a baby of the Bad species was raised at Redwall and they tried to make him good but it was hard because, you see, he was a stoat or something, and stoats are just evil

That book was as close to self-examination as Redwall ever got, I don't remember how it turned out though

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the first couple books were great, though, mice with swords solving ancient puzzles and poo poo

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Addamere posted:

Speaking of the donors being scared, I really wish any politician or popular figure at all would address publicly how craven and evil the rich are.

The most extreme thing I've seen anyone with a checkmark even posit was Bill Gates suggesting, in a way that makes it sound absurd, him being taxed 100 billion on his 106 billion net worth. This most extreme and outlandish proposal, that no one is actually proposing, would not leave Bill Gates or his family dying of medical debt; would not leave Bill Gates in a position of having to worry about paying his rent; would not leave Bill Gates struggling to send his kids to college; would, in fact, not deprive him of being able to afford pretty much anything with a price tag. He would still be comfortable, influential, and rich beyond most humans' ability to properly conceptualize. No one with a popular platform is suggesting we kill the rich, or that we take all of their assets and boot them onto the streets penniless, or even that we make them live like normal citizens; there's just the very modest proposal of shaving some percentage or another off of their high score number total without meaningfully impacting their lives in any measurable way.

And in response to this prospect of reducing their vanity number, they are willing to invest untold millions of dollars into advertising, donations, lobbying efforts, and so on. That should be called out with not only a dollar value assigned to it but also a human lives and jobs number; i.e., "so-and-so billionaire, and his foundations, have contributed $X million dollars to oppose giving everyday people education, health care, housing, and jobs. For that same amount of money, we could have sent XX children to a 4-year state college, erased the medical debt of XX seniors battling cancer, given 2-bedroom houses to XX homeless families, and provided XX middle class jobs to the hardworking people of Iowa". Do a series of these, calling out individual billionaires and their foundations. Really drive it home to the everyday American that these few hundred people in the donor class are ruining their lives just to have a vanity high score dollar amount in their accounts.
that's not extreme or outlandish. also bernie is going further than that by publicly saying there should be no billionaires lol

sure it's rhetorical and not a concrete policy proposal, but it outlines sanders' ideology and desired direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/Whatapityonyou/status/1194729412165419008

Sally Albright doing her bizarro world poo poo again