Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

That's from Clerks 2.

It's both!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpALeMZ0X_8&t=26s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Banky's "shared moment" scene is the best part of Chasing Amy. It's a shame Jason Lee is a Scientologist. He was the shining star of those films.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Banky's "shared moment" scene is the best part of Chasing Amy. It's a shame Jason Lee is a Scientologist. He was the shining star of those films.

Jason Lee really needs to be in like a prestige HBO show. Slap an embarrassingly large mustache on him, he would have killed it Deadwood.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

That's from Clerks 2.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Unless they did it in both, never saw Clerks 2

e: always check for new page; :argh:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Proteus Jones posted:

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Unless they did it in both, never saw Clerks 2

Take comfort in the fact you never saw Clerks 2.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

Technically he's not anymore, practically in hiding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Maybe he'll repent and leave the church tax shelter.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Blockhouse posted:

I've had the "Fifteen bucks, little man" song stuck in my head for the past twenty years

My work plays Jungle Love on occasion.

Anybody else have a local Quick Stop growing up? Mine had a Street Fighter II arcade cabinet.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Blockhouse posted:

I've had the "Fifteen bucks, little man" song stuck in my head for the past twenty years

I'm now slightly less ashamed to admit that i have the same problem

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I didn't know he'd left, but good for him. Apparently he and his family live in Denton, Texas of all places.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah he's not very public about it (or anything anymore, really) but from what little he's said and what can be surmised he and his family left Scientology and are now more or less living in seclusion because of it

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Some concept art for the Hawkeye show:

A surprisingly comic accurate costume with the weird hip cutouts and :frogsiren: PIZZA DOG :frogsiren:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Open Marriage Night posted:

My work plays Jungle Love on occasion.

Anybody else have a local Quick Stop growing up? Mine had a Street Fighter II arcade cabinet.

We did, looks like it's a Shell now. No arcades though, just gas and snacks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Some concept art for the Hawkeye show:

A surprisingly comic accurate costume with the weird hip cutouts and :frogsiren: PIZZA DOG :frogsiren:

That's the car too. Tracksuit Mafia confirmed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

That's the car too. Tracksuit Mafia confirmed.

Bro.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is all over for you.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Is all over for you.

Bro, do you know, bro, how badly this will go for you? Bro?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I suppose getting Tom Hardy to play one of the Bronsons is asking too much.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Big controversy is going to be if they use CGI to give pizza dog one eye instead of using a real one eyed dog.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I didn't see X-Men Evolution first run but I'm kind of enjoying it by episode 11. Goth Rogue is great, even as the show's dialogue edges toward the cringe. I'm not surprised Spyke didn't exactly become a breakout star.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

I didn't see X-Men Evolution first run but I'm kind of enjoying it by episode 11. Goth Rogue is great, even as the show's dialogue edges toward the cringe. I'm not surprised Spyke didn't exactly become a breakout star.

It gets better, too. They get away from a lot of the high school setting while keeping the drama. It is a really great show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLAYmdIyzL8

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't have speakers on here, did Rogue steal Kitty's dance powers?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I don't have speakers on here, did Rogue steal Kitty's dance powers?

It's rotoscoped from an episode of Buffy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

The first season is definitely the roughest part of the show, it finds its footing in season 2 and by the time Craig Kyle and Christopher Yost start writing for it, it becomes a really really good show.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Dawgstar posted:

I'm not surprised Spyke didn't exactly become a breakout star.

A character with the same code name and powers showed up in X-Force/X-Statix at one time :flashfact:

(I should really ask the Q&A thread if it was intentional)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dawgstar posted:

Scarlet Witch is introduced in season 2 and she's crazy goth. Also Boom Boom was made for this show. And I think The New Mutants show up in season 3? Kitty being more of a Mean Girl than a nerd is kind of odd but whatever.

I didn't see it but was Wolverine And the X-men on there too?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

Scarlet Witch is introduced in season 2 and she's crazy goth. Also Boom Boom was made for this show. And I think The New Mutants show up in season 3? Kitty being more of a Mean Girl than a nerd is kind of odd but whatever.

I didn't see it but was Wolverine And the X-men on there too?

Yup, it's on there.

I kind of like them giving the characters other stuff to do, like Jean being on the soccer team and Kitty not being the ballerina/hacker/ninja/genius. One downside is I think they're already dropping Rogue/Scott which was, again, a neat dynamic we hadn't seen before.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dawgstar posted:

That show started the unbearable "superhero thing you like but in high school and more boring" trend that led to things like Smallville. I despise it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

That show started the unbearable "superhero thing you like but in high school and more boring" trend that led to things like Smallville. I despise it.

It may have hit the air first but Smallville was in development for ages prior to entering production. It was essentially going to be "Gotham High School" in it's original pitch where it starred a young Bruce Wayne and that was in 1997 or so.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

So new mutants basically

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

So new mutants basically

Also you know, Uncanny X-Men number 1 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

What a groundbreaking idea to have an X-Men adaptation set in a school where most of the characters are teenagers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dawgstar posted:

Yup, it's on there.

I kind of like them giving the characters other stuff to do, like Jean being on the soccer team and Kitty not being the ballerina/hacker/ninja/genius. One downside is I think they're already dropping Rogue/Scott which was, again, a neat dynamic we hadn't seen before.

I remember liking that a lot when I saw it. Having it post Jean Death was a nice aspect.

And, yea, changing the characters is nice, just takes a bit of adjusting.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Yup, it's on there.

They do drop that romance, but it's canon that after Jean goes all Phoenix, Scott and Rogue do become a couple.

It doesn't happen in the show, but that's what the creators said would happen if they kept going.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

bobkatt013 posted:

So new mutants basically

Skwirl posted:

Also you know, Uncanny X-Men number 1 by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

What a groundbreaking idea to have an X-Men adaptation set in a school where most of the characters are teenagers.

Don't be obtuse. They had episodes about going to prom and the brotherhood of evil mutants was a group of high school bullies, and senator kelly was the principal. It was just awful.

Rhyno posted:

It may have hit the air first but Smallville was in development for ages prior to entering production. It was essentially going to be "Gotham High School" in it's original pitch where it starred a young Bruce Wayne and that was in 1997 or so.

I guarantee the people who defend X-men evolution would've loved that show.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Don't be obtuse. They had episodes about going to prom and the brotherhood of evil mutants was a group of high school bullies, and senator kelly was the principal. It was just awful.

Some of the early antagonists in New Mutants were students at a rival school ran by Emma Frost while she was actively trying to recruit Kitty Kate Pryde to join her school. I don't think there was a prom issue though.

Like, I get being annoyed at that trend in general, but being a school with teenagers/young adults has been part of X-Men in almost all versions of X-Men.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Nov 16, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Some of the early antagonists in New Mutants were students at a rival school ran by Emma Frost while she was actively trying to recruit Kitty Kate Pryde to join her school. I don't think there was a prom issue though.

Like, I get being annoyed at that trend in general, but being a school with teenagers/young adults has been part of X-Men in almost all versions of X-Men.

Not exactly the prom, and I only know because I just read it thanks to Marvel Unlimited, but New Mutants #45 does have the kids going to a high school dance. Apparently Magneto and the principal of the school set it up.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Not exactly the prom, and I only know because I just read it thanks to Marvel Unlimited, but New Mutants #45 does have the kids going to a high school dance. Apparently Magneto and the principal of the school set it up.

Oh yeah, that was a decent issue if I remember. Was Sienkiewicz still on art?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Nah, they'd moved on to Butch Guice by that point (so still good, but different).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Skwirl posted:

Nope, it’s the suicide issue