Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

vitally important news:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1194753757537550336?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Victory Position posted:

did anyone ever try to shoot the Animorphs

can you morph a bullet out of your body and then rip yourself in two by merit of the bullet being larger than you

morphing out of a bullet wound always made the shrapnel fall out of them, either popping out as they grew bigger or falling out as they shrank

my most vivid memory of the books is rachel morphing from elephant back to human and feeling the bullets she'd taken as an elephant fall free.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Bernie post your Xbox live gamerscore

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

he's a lib

he's a gamer

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

morphing out of a bullet wound always made the shrapnel fall out of them, either popping out as they grew bigger or falling out as they shrank

my most vivid memory of the books is rachel morphing from elephant back to human and feeling the bullets she'd taken as an elephant fall free.

I actually wasn't expecting an answer to this, let alone the author being so succinct about it, but thanks all the same :confuoot:

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I liked the one animorphs book where they discover that instant maple syrup oatmeal fucks up the yeerks

oh yeah, Cassie giving the morphing cube to the yeerks on the hunch that it would show them that the yeerks didn’t need to enslave creatures anymore to experience the world, they could just use the tech to become something new.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

theCalamity posted:

I liked the one animorphs book where they discover that instant maple syrup oatmeal fucks up the yeerks

oh yeah, Cassie giving the morphing cube to the yeerks on the hunch that it would show them that the yeerks didn’t need to enslave creatures anymore to experience the world, they could just use the tech to become something new.

instant maple and ginger oatmeal

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
[

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

god yoou're an idiot

which is funny because the idea that the animorphs having a foe they created through them being assholes is a neat idea and I think that is what applegate was going for but David being a mustache twirling villain undercuts that

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

CharlestheHammer posted:

[

which is funny because the idea that the animorphs having a foe they created through them being assholes is a neat idea and I think that is what applegate was going for but David being a mustache twirling villain undercuts that

i dont think its that at all!

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/BernForBernie20/status/1194680230507622400

https://soundcloud.com/yung-chomsky/neoliberalism

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
nerds

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

instant maple and ginger oatmeal

you huge rear end loving animorphs need. I love you

and let’s not forget that they their fugitive group towards the end was a literal dictatorship of the teen.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Are there any interviews where she doesn't come across terribly?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
did yall forget i have autism and twenty years of comics have resulted in a brain finely tuned for remembering stupid details of bullshit media

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/EmmaVigeland/status/1194687955241259010

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I see now the dangers of reading another book.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol she's bad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

YaketySass posted:

I see now the dangers of reading another book.

No this is just autism

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://old.reddit.com/r/OurPresident/comments/dvb90l/elizabeth_warren_tells_immigrant_rights_group/

we posted this right

warren moving rightwards at fuckin rocket speed

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This is like the hundredth time that there has been an Animorphs derail and folks. I'm starting to think that you haven't read any new books since 5th grade.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Think of the people who write books. Sure Marx wrote a book but so did Hitler.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Feral Integral posted:

monopoly is fair enough that there is tournaments of it

i mean this poo poo is easily as competitive as say, professional poker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwmPBP2JHI&t=124s

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Most deserved probation on this forum if you ask me

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Office Pig posted:

from the deend thread

dudes a regular patton

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thoguh posted:

This is like the hundredth time that there has been an Animorphs derail and folks. I'm starting to think that you haven't read any new books since 5th grade.

It's less that and more that as we get older we stop reading the same things so it's harder to talk about them compared to when we were kids and all read the same books

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

His "rapid response team" put something out on twitter last night saying essentially the same thing but I guess that must not have caught on as well as they liked.

https://twitter.com/ssavett/status/1194462982807412737

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
K.A. Applegate wrote the Barf-O-Rama books under a pseudonym.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Buh?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Thoguh posted:

do you really want someone talking about John Grisham books

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Buhhhhh?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Thoguh posted:

i only read books with dragons now

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's less that and more that as we get older we stop reading the same things so it's harder to talk about them compared to when we were kids and all read the same books

the malazan books are by some kind of leftist and im p sure he's a strain of anarchist

also the second book ends with an entire army being crucified and its a happy ending

and they're not the antagonists

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the new joe abercrombie book is about how capitalism is the devil set against a fantasy industrial revolution and theres an entire chapter of the poor rising up and dragging the rich fucks out of their homes where you just rotate pov through the mob, its cathartic as gently caress

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The big bad of the first law books is an immortal gandalf-like wizard who rules the world through banks and capitalism. He even traded his wizard robes for a suit

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

good news applegate has personally endorsed downloading the epubs that a fan made, which are SURPRISINGLY high quality

link this to me immediately

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
steven erickson isn't a leftist so much as a nihilist anprim

which i can respect

the jaghut are right

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Terror Sweat posted:

The big bad of the first law books is an immortal gandalf-like wizard who rules the world through banks and capitalism. He even traded his wizard robes for a suit

yeah it whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I want to like the Malazan books, but they inevitably seem to end up with most every character being all woe is me my life is poo poo and it kinda starts dragging something fierce after a point.

Excepting that one huge ogre barbarian guy who just wrecks poo poo and calls out people for being whiny, he was a fun character.