Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Furnaceface posted:

I didnt even get anything with the sorry quartz, which means they arent really sorry at all. :mad:

I got NP3 Ishtar, NP3 Martha, and got my Fran to NP4.

I don't use any of those servants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

What kind of monster doesnt use Fran?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
I got Ishtar from my free quartz, dw has rewarded me for my whaleness. :smuggo:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fran will shine in mixed class nodes, but if you can counter-class you're probably hitting harder than she does with someone else who is also 1) maybe better suited to farming (e.g. self-charger) or 2) doesn't have self-stun

my crapton of fran spooks happened to pay off during nerofest but i don't think anything has been as up her alley since. i stopped using her to farm embers and will prob wait to finish bond levels until skadi comes out...

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
I seem to recall the JP server having long-rear end maintenance periods early on and I believe there are people with day 1 streaks there. It's likely they can fix it but it'll take time to run a script that won't nuke everything so maybe they'll just hand us the tickets while they figure out how to restore people's streaks. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

Long maintenance and losing the streak was annoying but I can't complain about getting 30 Golden Apples, especially with Xmas 3 and Da Vinci rerun coming up soon.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ishtar is officially the second SSR I've ever gotten from summon tickets, despite having played across both JP and NA since release.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got a minimum roll: a 4* Craft essence I already maxed, and a bunch of 3* servants and CE I already maxed.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Merry Christmas!

That's Ishtar to np3 now. Grailed to 100 and gold fou'd.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
“My body is on fire...Gyaaaaahhh!”

“Oh no, not again!” :ohdear:

Savage, Gilles.

Im embarrassed I didn’t pick up on that joke the first time around.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Oh, finally got Ishtar off rolling the comp sq, breaking a bit of a dry spell.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Some news.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got the 20 LB4 quartz despite not touching it. Being lazy wins out again. :cheerdoge:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nothing in the first 50 rolls. Never roll on the first day.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Comp sq got my first Helena.... and a Stheno. Not bad.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
5th time no ishtar. Got a scope

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Factor_VIII posted:

I still can't log in but what I want is for them to restore the login streaks. Mine had been unbroken since the launch of the game.

Roger Explosion posted:

The 10 tickets I could live without, but I've only been at this since February and I'm still ticked off about my login streak. A launch- day login streak being ruined is quite the bloody thing more.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Shipon posted:

I seem to recall the JP server having long-rear end maintenance periods early on and I believe there are people with day 1 streaks there. It's likely they can fix it but it'll take time to run a script that won't nuke everything so maybe they'll just hand us the tickets while they figure out how to restore people's streaks. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

To be on the safe side I sent an email to FGO support requesting that they restore my streak. I hope they'll do as you said.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm just happy I finally got to MLB my Drunk Jalter CE.
The 5th copy just plain refused to drop last year for me, so it's nice to have that bit of closure.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Whoo, already got the 5* CE as a random drop. Good to get that out of the way.

I think this lotto should give enough skill gems to get all my Rulers skilled up a decent amount.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
Sort of off topic here but what's the best way/site to upload my cell captures for this to? I have kinda been away from the forums for a minute.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

The Sanzang interlude kind of cemented my video of Male Gudao being a younger version of The Dude.

He abides.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I can't imagine FGO's protagonist being anyone other than Gudako. Gudao just doesn't have the same look of a genre-savvy person who realizes they're in a dumb video game.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

his design just isn't very good

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Believe it or not, being a wise cracking and smarmy protagonist isn't always good

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

The protagonist raised Mash very badly and I hate them for it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Camelot is hard, but everything about it owns. I'm looking forward to Babylonia, too. The singularities have started to get really good, especially in comparison to the early ones.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
My luckshitting continues as my apology x10 pull got me another copy of Altria, Anne and Bonny and Martha. drat, this gatcha likes me!

Edit: +Nursery Rhyme from a ticket, holy poo poo!

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 14, 2019

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Shipon posted:

The FGO customer support replied to me that they won't be taking any actions or assistance beyond what's listed in this announcement. RIP perfect login streak.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Compendium posted:

Believe it or not, being a wise cracking and smarmy protagonist isn't always good

It's better than the alternative of being a stereotypical shounen/phone gacha game protagonist. It's not like this game is particularly serious, either; most of the events are goofy nonsense.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

It's better than the alternative of being a stereotypical shounen/phone gacha game protagonist. It's not like this game is particularly serious, either; most of the events are goofy nonsense.

The core story is pretty serious. Having an ironic protagonist who keeps mocking what's going on would completely ruin the atmosphere. A passive non-entity protagonist is bad, but one who actively works against the story is even worse.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Gudao: Dude, where's my car?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Did they change the Powder snow quest from last year? I'm looking at videos and they all have lancer/saber as the bosses's classes but I'm seeing both as Rider.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

KoldPT posted:

Did they change the Powder snow quest from last year? I'm looking at videos and they all have lancer/saber as the bosses's classes but I'm seeing both as Rider.

Yes, the rerun is different.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

look forward to it with the new xmas event too

the best lotto node that's open for ~3 days with a 410k hp saber gets nerfed to half hp only for its limited rerun 🙃

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

So I counted and 4 of the last 6 5* I got were spooks. The game hates me.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

dogsicle posted:

his design just isn't very good

They're literally designed as genderflipped Shirou and Rin.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Anyone else here watch episode 6 of Babylonia? I really liked the immersion they added with Ushiwakamaru.

Oh, gods how badly does she get got in this chapter? I was not expecting this arc to be the bloodiest

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, that's in events where there's actual goofy poo poo going on. In the core storytelling poo poo gets serious and is treated serious accordingly even with light hearted moments peppered in.

I think of Gintama where there is so much stupidly funny poo poo going on and almost everyone is some flavor of weird smarmy oddball who breaks the forth wall. But there's also the serious storylines driven by action and major changes of the status quo and it also got quite dark.

What I'm basically saying is that while the player could project and think of the FGO MC as a wise cracker (which is true in cases where it makes sense), that's not their mode 24/7.

Grouchio posted:

Anyone else here watch episode 6 of Babylonia? I really liked the immersion they added with Ushiwakamaru.

Oh, gods how badly does she get got in this chapter? I was not expecting this arc to be the bloodiest

This games story goes places

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nasu why do you do this to us. Why lostbelt why

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Don't you loving dare